Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weird customization

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Weird customization

    I have seen some people make their char in a very weird fashion for many times, like: a robot body with a necris head, a man with female legs... etc.
    i just wanna know how to make those changes? cuz the default combinations are really limited for me.

    Thanks.

    #2
    Originally posted by DeXtmL View Post
    a man with female legs... etc.
    Maybe he just went to the spa and got a wax?

    Comment


      #3
      Sounds like hacking.

      Comment


        #4
        Edit UTCustomChar.ini so that the parts you want belong to the same FamilyID and make sure you give them a proper PartID. Then create your own character with those parts following the style of the already created characters listed toward the bottom.

        Comment


          #5
          OK, much appreciate your help.

          There's another question:
          what's the comment symbol?
          so i can mark it clearly, if anything goes wrong, i can easily spot the defects thru the help of comment.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by UndeadRoadkill View Post
            Maybe he just went to the spa and got a wax?
            Hahaha.

            I just had a bad thought then... Eugh.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by DeXtmL View Post
              OK, much appreciate your help.

              There's another question:
              what's the comment symbol?
              so i can mark it clearly, if anything goes wrong, i can easily spot the defects thru the help of comment.
              comment symbol in inis is the semicolon ;

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Syberdoor View Post
                comment symbol in inis is the semicolon ;
                Thanks. my "hybrid" fighter is done and ready to war.

                Comment


                  #9
                  If you look at the UTCustomChar there is alot of sections for body parts.
                  what you do is copy another legions' part, then paste it into the legion that you want.
                  Then change the family to the correct gender like IRNM [example is iron guard male, also IRNF female and so on], then change the part id to the next letter so that they all show up in order or else you get duplicate parts.
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Ma le.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Torso01",PartID="A",Famil yID="IRNM")
                  Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CH_RTeam_Male.M esh.SK_CH_RTeam_Male_Torso01",PartID="B",FamilyID="IRNM")

                  i would really only have an idea of how you want a character to look. Then copy/paste accordingly because ive noticed alot more crashing when i had alot of stuff mixed up. Then there was missing bumpmap textures sometimes etc. I suggest you dont change the arms on the original character because the fingers/hands will stretch. So find a base character that has the arms you want to start with and go from there.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by MTL View Post
                    If you look at the UTCustomChar there is alot of sections for body parts.
                    what you do is copy another legions' part, then paste it into the legion that you want.
                    Then change the family to the correct gender like IRNM [example is iron guard male, also IRNF female and so on], then change the part id to the next letter so that they all show up in order or else you get duplicate parts.
                    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CH_IronGuard_Ma le.Mesh.SK_CH_IronG_Male_Torso01",PartID="A",Famil yID="IRNM")
                    Parts=(Part=PART_Torso,ObjectName="CH_RTeam_Male.M esh.SK_CH_RTeam_Male_Torso01",PartID="B",FamilyID="IRNM")

                    i would really only have an idea of how you want a character to look. Then copy/paste accordingly because ive noticed alot more crashing when i had alot of stuff mixed up. Then there was missing bumpmap textures sometimes etc. I suggest you dont change the arms on the original character because the fingers/hands will stretch. So find a base character that has the arms you want to start with and go from there.
                    Thanks, but luckly i don't have these problems for now.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      I don't have a lot of hope, honestly, but it would be nice if these could be incorporated with simple edits on the Playstation Three.
                      Mods are planned, but I don't know that default .ini edits fit that description...

                      Comment


                        #12
                        If you mix these parts up for your character, nobody will see you as anything other than the default demo chraracter, online.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X