Viral Marketing: Show UT3 to one other person

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Viral Marketing: Show UT3 to one other person

Earlier today, I had someone over at my house. He mentioned he just got the PS3 and wondered what kind of games I played. Turns out he's only got CDo4 for the PS3, but he had played UT before in the past and had heard that UT3 has very fast gameplay.

As you might imagine, a half hour later after playing on my PC, he's ready to head over to BestBuy to get UT3 for the P33. He was amazed by the graphics and speed of the gameplay.

Since marketing has been pretty minimal for the game, this is way that people who like the game can help to stimulate sales so that there are more people playing online.

Anyone else have any good stories to tell about "converting" anyone to UT3?

with violence <3

Comment

Sadly (for them and for me), all of my friends own 360s only. I rub UT3 in their face every time they're over, and I'm pretty sure they're all envious as hell and can't wait to get it.

Comment

I've convinced 2 ppl so far to get UT3 .

Neither had a good enough rig however, but i did manage to get one of them to buy a 8600 graphics card. The other got it for PS3.

How many ppl have you convinced?

Comment

One of my friends (who is a major PC gamer) didn't have UT3 so I made him go get the demo . He's probably gonna get it :P

Comment

none, because my friends either don't own the rig, the ps3, or are simply not fast gamers.

Comment

Showed my coworkers the game trailer, at least two are getting it for the 360.

Comment

Well, I have another friend coming over in a day or two to try it. The only problem is he owns a pre-Intel mac and a PS2. I don't know what he's going to do if he likes it. I know his SO won't let him buy a new gaming rig. LOL

But then again, maybe he'll spread the word. People who try it and like it--even if they can't run it on their machines--will tell other people.

Meanwhile, my 13 year old nephew who has been playing UT2K4 (loves that game) on an AMD 3500+ with onboard 6200 graphics and 512MB is getting an 8600GT from me and more ram from his dad for Xmas. I don't think it'll be too hard for me to convert him after he stays at my house for five days over the holidays

Comment

Marketing? Why should we do Midway's job?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathmooN View Post
                    Marketing? Why should we do Midway's job?
                    That's what I've been saying.

But Midway's too 'financially troubled' to give a great game great marketing support.

Comment

I'm at 3 so far. 2 co-workers and a buddy. Showed my buddy (who's never played UT) for about 1/2 an hour and he ran out and bought it right then and there. Now he says to me: "thanks for introducing me to crack! Got any other rediculously addictive things you want to give me?"

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post
                        That's what I've been saying.

But Midway's too 'financially troubled' to give a great game great marketing support.
                        They advertised for Blacksite... not sure why... maybe to sell it to saps, haha. Then again, I guess it is sort of classic console style (slow). Nothing like UT3

Comment

I've tried 2 get my friends 2 start playing but they all say the same thing, "I haven't smoked enough cracked 2 be able 2 play that game!".
                          So, now I have 2 find new friends. Thats why I'm here. fiftyone.area@yahoo.com

Comment

People with a PS3 need to buy UT3 and they also need to buy Uncharted. Two of the best games you will ever play

Comment

I have convinced people not to get it. The lack of Linux server support and the simplicity of play compared to previous games really isn't a value. Our clan may even (starting with me) may start to eBay their copies.

This is #2 in my book of disappointments for 2007. Vista was the first one -- which amusingly -- PC World agrees.
                              http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,14...s/article.html

Comment

Working...
                              X