No announcement yet.

What Kind Of Computer Do You Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 8800GT 512mb, my cousin has a 8800GTX, and i have a friend with a 320mb 8800GTS and another friend with a 640mb GTS. And UT3 runs VERY well on all these pc's. We all have the same cpu, intel E6400 @ 2.13ghz (except the dude with the 640mb GTS, he has an AMD 3500+ single core). And each have 2gb DDR2 800mhz. I read a benchmark when the demo was out that UT3 isnt *that much affected by having faster cpu's. (obviously dual core is way better than single tho..) but from what i read up and what ive actually seen myself (and played on) UT3 runs great on any 8800 series graphics card. So if you want a good pc 4 UT3 .. make sure 2 budget one.. Lol

Comment

when i play it i play on my rig in my spec - mostly i get a locked 85fps ocasionaly diping to the high 70s im playing with world detail on 1 texture on 1 as this is a much cleaner way to play ut no haze hidious lighting blurry stuff etc etc..
      i play 2x FSAA forced though my card and have the framerate on smoothed i have the game locked at 85 as thats the refresh rate of my crt monitor 85htz
      me wub my crt but im thinking of getting a syncmaster 22" in the new year.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnout View Post
        I'm playing on Deep Blue.
        Probably wouldn't run UT3 well, as it doesn't have a GPU, and the CPU's custom-built to run chess simulations, not to mention it's 10 years old.

Comment

There's no such thing as a gaming laptop imo. You would be better served by building a nice desktop, and buying a low end laptop if you really need one.

Comment

how do u think this card will run with a 2.66 quad core prosseser and 4 gb of ram

Dual Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT MXM IV Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory in SLI mode

Comment

Originally posted by boya9212 View Post
              how do u think this card will run with a 2.66 quad core prosseser and 4 gb of ram

Dual Nvidia GeForce 8700M GT MXM IV Graphics with 512MB DDR3 Video Memory in SLI mode
              Very well... I wouldn't worry one bit.

Comment

thanks man

Comment

Manufacturer: cyberpowerpc.com
                  Processor: Intel Quadcore 2.66GHz
                  Memory: 2048MB RAM
                  Hard Drive: 160gb and a 500gb
                  Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640mb super clocked
                  Monitor: 19" LCD widscreen and a 17" LCD
                  Sound Card: Creative X-Fi extreme gamer
                  Speakers/Headphones: Logitech 2.1 / Altec Lansing