Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Blastman View Post
    Been a while. With this 1.2 patch... Has Epic FINALLY given us a way to adjust mouse acceleration? Anyone know?
    If they had done, I would have expected to see it in the UI - which I see no evidence of in this latest (1.2) patch - and I doubt they would have added any entries to the ini's without a UI equivalent at this stage. :/

Join the queue for 1.3...

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    whats Mouse acceleration

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been a while. With this 1.2 patch... Has Epic FINALLY given us a way to adjust mouse acceleration? Anyone know?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a small mousepad and a very small surface to mouse on

Leave a comment:

• replied
    accel can be pretty ok i guess. Especially if handicapped somehow, by a small mousepad, or a crappy mouse for example.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Another futile bump.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Mr_Blastman View Post
    Yeah, but the waiting sucks

I've paid money for the game and not a single epic employee has bothered to ever reply to any of my threads. As of now the game is a paperweight as I'm not willing to compromise my aim in other games just to play this one.
    Yes waiting sucks..
    I am still being put off by the game flickering every so often.
    I guess its a good thing that UT3 doesnt take up most of my life, like it did for 2k4... or else Id literally be screwed for life

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, but the waiting sucks

I've paid money for the game and not a single epic employee has bothered to ever reply to any of my threads. As of now the game is a paperweight as I'm not willing to compromise my aim in other games just to play this one.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Blastman, I was just as disappointed as you are when I found out that UT3 was not as configurable as it should be... but I don't think Epic Games has the time or resources to work on another patch right now. We'll just have to wait a few months and see.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, since nobody can tell me how to tweak acceleration... Is there a way to make UT 3 default to windows mouse acceleration/pointer settings? I'd be happy with just that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great post Xepha!

Yeah I'm thinking I'm gonna have to wait

That whole section only pertains to consoles and console controllers.

In fact, in UtGame.ini, there is a section which allows you to turn on MANY sliders in the menus, some pertaining to acceleration/sensitivity etc. - BUT - they only effect once again, console based controlpads... >

I'm not sure why Epic did not include a slider for acceleration. It makes no sense - they make acceleration a default feature in the game - yet give people no easy, straightforward way to adjust it.

I understand there are many people that want to remove it, and they have to go through extreme modifications to remove it. On the other hand, for those of us that want to modify it to increase it or tweak it, I have found no way whatsoever so far that will allow you to do it. I've changed variables all over the place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well i've just had a quick run through ut3's ini files and couldn't find anything that would obviously tweak accel.

The only thing that came close was a section in the UTInput.ini, especially the bit that i've put in bold - it's possible, but I think it's highly likely that it has nothing to do with mouse acceleration (possibly its for consoles or, more likely, its for viewing in 3rd person (ie. when in a vehicle) - but I don't know really... ).

Code:
    [UTGame.UTConsolePlayerInput]
    bAutoCenterPitch=TRUE
    bAutoCenterVehiclePitch=TRUE
    AutoVehicleCenterSpeed=12000
    Dodge_Threshold=0.8
    SlowTurnScaling=0.1
    AutoCenterDelay=2.0
    bViewAccelerationEnabled=TRUE
    bDebugViewAcceleration=FALSE
    bTargetFrictionEnabled=TRUE
    bDebugTargetFriction=FALSE
    ViewAccel_YawThreshold=0.99f
    ViewAccel_DiagonalThreshold=.99f
    ViewAccel_BaseMultiplier=1.1f
    ViewAccel_TimeToHoldBeforeFastAcceleration=0.210f
    ViewAccel_RampSpeed=0.100f
    ViewAccel_MaxTurnSpeed=3.0f
    ViewAccel_Twitchy=0.98f
    MagicScaleForSensitivityMiddle=2.4f
    MagicScaleForSensitivityEdge=1.5f
    ViewAccel_PitchThreshold=0.66f
    ViewAccel_LookingUpOrDownBoundary=12000.0f
    ViewAccel_BackToCenterBoundary=3000.0f
    ViewAccel_BackToCenterSpeed=2.8f
    AutoPitchCenterSpeed=0.20f
    AutoPitchStopAdjustingValue=5.0f
    HoverBoardPitchMultiplier=0.5f
    The only other thing I could suggest is tweaking your mouse driver settings. What kind of mouse do you have? I know my Razer Copperhead as a specific Mouse Acceleration slider, but playing with mouse acceleration turned off I couldn't tell you if it would work the way you want...

In the end, I fear you'll either have wait and hope it's included in a patch or get tweaking some windows/mouse settings!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump for posterity. I love UT so much I just have to have an answer to this

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Daily bump.

I would love to be able to play a game I paid 50 bucks for. Someone please tell me the console or config file commands to adjust acceleration.

Better yet, someone point me to a list of ALL the console commands for ut3. That'd be great, then I could figure it out myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X