Mouse Acceleration tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr_Blastman View Post
    Is this game really so bad there are no tweaks ?
    Initial tweaks

I know many people are suffering from unwanted acceleration or mouse lags, and sometimes finding the small software tidbits to fix these things can be rather difficult, so I thought I'd add a few ones here:

Windows XP Mouse Acceleration Fix

This program basically just removes the native Windows XP acceleration without the need to fiddle around with registry values. It also clearly shows whether you have acceleration enabled or disabled before you do anything, so you won't end up re-enabling it by accident (unless you're really thick).

USB Mouse Polling Tweak

This piece of software might be a tad more difficult to grasp at first. It's basically just overclocking your USB-port. Increasing the mouse polling interval results in a more immediate feedback with the mouse (ie. less lag and feedback time). By default the polling is set to 125hz (8ms) if I remember correctly, but you can change it up to 1000hz (1ms). Personally I have it set to 500hz (2ms) since anything above that just eats resources and the difference isn't noticable, but I'm sure many people choose to disagree with me here

Change sensitivity through console

setsensitivity x /--- change your in-game sensitivity, replace x with a value

NB. When you change the sensitivity through console, the menu values get divided by 100 (I assume you're running the latest patch here, including betas).

Remove acceleration

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini

[UTGame.UTConsolePlayerInput]
    bViewAccelerationEnabled=FALSE

Remove the "laggy" mouse feel and make it like in UT2004

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTInput.ini

[Engine.PlayerInput]
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    bEnableMouseSmoothing=False
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

[UTGame.UTPlayerInput] <- same thing in this section as above.
    LookRightScale=0.000000
    LookUpScale=0.000000
    Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY Speed=2.0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False)
    Bindings=(Name="LookUp",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=+25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="LookDown",Command="Axis aLookUp Speed=-25.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnLeft",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=-40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)
    Bindings=(Name="GBA_TurnRight",Command="Axis aBaseX Speed=+40.0 AbsoluteAxis=0",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=Fals e)

C:\Documents and Settings\Username\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTUI.ini

UIJoystickDeadZone=0.01

NB. Fiddle around with the mouse multipliers (Axis aMouseX Speed / Axis aMouseY Speed) to have precise control over your sensitivity. If you want the game to feel exactly like UT2004 did for you, then you'll have to find the same lines from the UT2004 User.ini and copy the values to UTInput.ini (change the 2.0 in the example to whatever you might have in the User.ini).

Only thing i could fine

Comment

add custom sniper scope sensitivity

Is this game really so bad there are no tweaks ?
      I don't know, but add me to the list of people that want better mouse acceleration controls. I like the low sensitivity for aiming, but two big sweeps of the arm to do a 360 gets old. Also I would like options for mouse sensitivity for each weapon, and also different sensitivity for zoomed in scopes. Here I'm mostly thinking of the zoomed in sniper being pointless when I was playing with a high sensitivity mouse. I switched to low sensitivity after trying to learn to snipe by exclusively using the snipe gun, and found myself playing like I was using a controller[line up height first while strafing to line up the crosshair horizontally].

Comment

Thanks for the detailed post aston.

I'm actually looking to ADD MORE acceleration to the game I'm sure there must be a way. I currently run 4x acceleration in Team Fortress 2. It is just right. I move my mouse 1 inch quickly and I do a 180. 1/2 inch quickly to do a 90 degree turn.

If I move SLOWLY, I do a 360 in about 8 - 9 inches, a 180 in 4 1/2

This is the power of acceleration.

Comment

An A-List title like Team Fortress 2 has mouse acceleration tweaks... Does UT 3?!??!

Comment

I take it this silly game has no way to tweak acceleration?

Comment

I found a way to do it. It takes some patience though.

I stopped posting here for 48 hours and then the option appeared. It's worth a shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinchy View Post
                I found a way to do it. It takes some patience though.

I stopped posting here for 48 hours and then the option appeared. It's worth a shot!
                Obviously I wouldn't have a problem with waiting if the Epic website had a link for technical support where I could directly email them about this.

However, there is no support section.

I am baffled that something so simple as tweaking acceleration - that nobody seems to know how to do it in the game. I've been a loyal Epic games fan since they were making stuff like Ken's Labyrinth...

A long time eh? So, I just want a solution to my problem so I can play this game. As is right now, I can't really play it without screwing up my aim in other shooters.

Comment

Obviously I wouldn't have a problem with waiting if the Epic website had a link for technical support where I could directly email them about this.
                  I get it, I was just busting balls and bumping your thread at the same time

Comment

I haven't looked throughout the config files completely but it seems there is no way to ajust it as it is now. I could be wrong obviously and I hope I am because I would like to adjust the threshold myself.

If nobody can give a solution then I suggest adding it to the "wishlist" threads for the second patch. That would probably be your best bet.

Comment

Mouse acceleration is a windows XP problem, its not UT3.

Download the acceleration fix here: http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/files/82/

Install and reboot. Game over!

Comment

Thanks Arthrix... But I want to Add and INCREASE the acceleration!

In other words, I like it... I want MORE Most ppl tell me how to remove it, but that would be bad as Acceleration helps tremendously.

Comment

Wow. I've never heard anyone saying they like the acceleration. How do you pop shock combos while moving if you have acceleration? To each his own I guess. Good luck with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arithrix View Post
                            Wow. I've never heard anyone saying they like the acceleration. How do you pop shock combos while moving if you have acceleration? To each his own I guess. Good luck with that.
                            Indeed, I like acceleration but more than that I like to be able as in UT2k4 to specify with the threshold setting at what point it is applied. Being able to adjust how much it accelerates would be nice also.

You could say it is a different style of play, and is combined with the movement/timing style of aim. When you get used to it you can aim faraway aswell as in close combat. It's sort of a way to auto switch modes so to speak for me anyways.

This option would get my vote for the next patch.

Comment

I guess there is no more playing this until it is addressed

I can not afford this game to compromise my aim in other shooters. It is a darn shame really, as I'm a longtime fan of this series and this game is pretty darned fun

Comment

Daily bump.

I would love to be able to play a game I paid 50 bucks for. Someone please tell me the console or config file commands to adjust acceleration.

Better yet, someone point me to a list of ALL the console commands for ut3. That'd be great, then I could figure it out myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X