Mouse Acceleration tweaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse Acceleration tweaks

Ok, I've seen PLENTY of threads on here about how to turn OFF mouse acceleration.

I want to turn it ON and adjust it!

Turning it on is easy enough - you just set the value to True.

How do you go about adjusting it and making its thresholds for activation and multiplyer different?

i.e. 2x accel, 4x accel etc? Someone, I mean SOMEONE on here must know how to do it. I have YET to find anyone ingame that can tell me how.

Mouse accel provides the best compromise over using a low sensitivity to have accuracy, and then when I want to twitch real fast to either turn around or quickly aim in another direction, acceleration kicks in to multiply my movement to get me there quickly.

Thanks for the help.

bump for answer - someone has to know

Comment

bump again

Come on people, SOMEONE here has to use acceleration

Comment

if you like to run around spinning and spamming all over the place have accel on, but if you want to actually aim at someone you really need it off. tbh i dont know y they bother to put it in anymore,its the first thing peeps turn off.

Comment

Originally posted by Zealot View Post
          if you like to run around spinning and spamming all over the place have accel on, but if you want to actually aim at someone you really need it off. tbh i dont know y they bother to put it in anymore,its the first thing peeps turn off.

I appreciate your opinion... BUT

I played for years without acceleration in every Quake/Doom/UT style FPS known to man.

Then Team Fortress 2 came out...

TF 2 defaults with Mouse Acceleration on. I've been playing it since the beta daily. When I go play other FPS's, like Doom 3 or UT 3, I have a hard time adapting to them because they default to no mouse acceleration.

Now, in TF 2 I do not Spin or Spam around. I'm usually #1 on the server. And by a VERY wide margin. I also have sensitivity turned up a bit from default in TF 2.

I can do this with Soldier/Scout/Demoman/Medic/Engineer you name it. It isn't because of the class I'm playing.

What I have found is Acceleration lets you have extreme precision over fine movements with a target in the crosshair. It lets you keep a steady hand without being jerky so you can maintain a bead on your target. When I need to quickly turn around, do a 90 degree turn, 180 degree turn etc. - Mouse acceleration lets a somewhat lower sensitivity be used because it accelerates the movement quickly when you need it.

I find if VERY useful.

Now, if someone on here could just tell me how to tweak it - because by default, it is VERY weak

Comment

Man, I was hoping someone had helped you out. I'm a fan of mouse acceleration as well, although I'm quite happy with UT3's defaults. Team Fortress ftw, my friend. Somehow, I'm mostly a medic. Can't understand why I enjoy it so much.

Comment

does anyone know how to turn off framerate based sensitivity in ut3?

Comment

Lets stay on topic Shadow and get Acceleration tips first.

Anyone? I DARE you to tell us how to tweak it

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow]I[ View Post

Nobody does. The only way to keep consistent mouse response is by turning on framerate cap, to a number that your computer allows you to maintain more or less constantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow]I[ View Post
                    I thought Epic said they removed it since the Beta?

Comment

I still don't see an answer... I take it NOBODY knows how to tweak mouse acceleration in this game?

Comment

Bump

Still waiting for an answer

Comment

Bump - this game is unplayable without mouse acceleration tweaks...

Comment

bump again - need an answer please

Comment

Is this game really so bad there are no tweaks ?

Comment

Working...
                              X