No announcement yet.

No Mic, And No Mods!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Epic does need to fix the mics. They work, but it's complicated. This is way to fast paced of a game to use push to talk. All Epic should do is switch it to open mics.

As for the mod support, I too really wish we had at least a few to play around with. Alot of people here say "you need months for good mods to come out" well, that is sorta true, but there are already alot of great mods for PC. Very impressive maps, a character model or 2, and how bad do you PS3 guys want to play that "Slaughterhouse" mod? That stuff looks so awesome. And these things are all in their final version. So it's not like there are no mods out there. There are great ones, so I think people need to stop with the "you need time excuse". If the PS3 part of the Editor part wasn't fixed with 1.1, then that is a good reason for no PS3 mods yet. But if the PS3 tools are working then it's not very kool that no PS3 mods are out yet. Epic kinda stopped talking to us here in the forum, so I don't know for sure which is the case.

Comment

Didn't it take a week or 2 to get the PC version to allow mods? I thought I read that somewhere, but I'm not sure.

The OP sounds like a kid who had his favorite blanket put in the closet, but he's right about the mic support. Trying to coordinate a game of vCTF, CTF, or Warfare is pretty hard as it is now.

Comment

Yeah they need to release the PS3 export patch soon, we only have 6 ctf maps and vctf... No Christmas break please!

Comment

Originally posted by FierceLegend View Post
          Im scared because for some reason companies start working on a new game right away and they take there sweet time dealing with the issues that need to be addresed.
          Taking their time? The first patch for PC came out two weeks after release! Oh, not fast enough for you, I guess.

And to imagine that Epic feels any need to defend themselves against an angry screed is giving yourself far, far too much credit.

And complaining about Epic designing for Consoles makes no sense. If they just developed for the PC, they'd fold after a single title. This isn't 1998 anymore. Consoles will pay for PC game development for the next ten years of so, until PCs again take the lead.

Comment

Originally posted by FierceLegend View Post
            Dear Epic

This game is Great but...

We were told there would be Mod support but after the release date we were told that the game did not have those features.

So did u trick me into buying your game?

I dont want to wait 2, 3 , 4 ,5, 6 Months for a Stupid little patch.

I want the problems fixed Before the 10th of next month.

Start Giving this game the support it needs because I have a feeling I was lied to.

Oh ya FIX THE MIC PROBLEM AND THE OTHER **** SOON I DONT FEEL LIKE WAITING HALF A YEAR FOR A LITTLE PATCH WHEN IT SHOULD BE FINE OUT OF THE FREAKING BOX.
            To quote Artie Lange.. Whaaaaa.. my mic does not work... whaaaaaaa... its not supporting mods yet...

Have some patience man.. As for the mic, mine has worked fine the last few days. I think alot of people just dont get that they have to push a button down (and hold it) to talk...

Comment

Oh yes great another of our brethern causing problems... Lets not fight guys, I think his problem was the back of the game box did say " Add mods and maps created with the Unreal Engine 3 Toolset and use them on your Playstation 3 computer entertainment system."

But I understand that epic is working hard on making UT3 the best game ever and they should be given that time, they are a great company and I have alot of personal faith in them to do the best job they can.

I know Epic is doing what is best for the community as a whole and that all problems will be fixed, the Earth shall continue to spin, the sun will continue to rise and set and the very structures that hold our world together will continue to hold our world together.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by NLGSean View Post
                To quote Artie Lange.. Whaaaaa.. my mic does not work... whaaaaaaa... its not supporting mods yet...
                hahaha wow I didn't expect to find someone on here with a sense of humor

Comment

Working...
                X