X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Mic, And No Mods!!!!!!

Dear Epic

This game is Great but...

We were told there would be Mod support but after the release date we were told that the game did not have those features.

So did u trick me into buying your game?

I dont want to wait 2, 3 , 4 ,5, 6 Months for a Stupid little patch.

I want the problems fixed Before the 10th of next month.

Start Giving this game the support it needs because I have a feeling I was lied to.

Oh ya FIX THE MIC PROBLEM AND THE OTHER **** SOON I DONT FEEL LIKE WAITING HALF A YEAR FOR A LITTLE PATCH WHEN IT SHOULD BE FINE OUT OF THE FREAKING BOX.

"I want the problems fixed Before the 10th of next month."
    LMAO yes master... seeing as you asked so nicely.

Comment

Even if there was mod support on day 1, good mods take time to make. Mod support is also new to consoles, and they said that it's coming. I really don't see what the deal is.

The mic issues should be looked at, but I'm sure the first PS3 patch will fix that stuff.

Comment

"I want the problems fixed Before the 10th of next month."

Lol, this reminds me of the Neverwinter Nights forums. A couple people started demanding things this way and threatening shuff and the devs wound up posting something to the effect of "well, you don't need to worry about not getting a patch now, since your IP has been banned". Awesome stuff... wonder if I can find that again...

Comment

even if we had mod support from day 1 we'd probably have to wait 2,3,4,5 months for good mods

Comment

Yea well, it won't be the last of these cryposts.
            Have you looked at this forum lately?

But that's how they want this forum.

Twist and turn this as much as you want. Console players are way different than PC players. They just don't understand what making a game means.

Comment

Yea Console players get everything silver spooned on a read velvet pillow.

Comment

The only reason why im kinda mad is because whenever a game comes to consoles the game gets bad support and a patch takes foreverto be released.

I bought the game after reading alot of the net, and we were told mods would be possible.

After the release, After we bought the game, we were told that mod support would only work after a Patch was released.

Im scared because for some reason companies start working on a new game right away and they take there sweet time dealing with the issues that need to be addresed.

Do u remember Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter for the 360. How many months did it take for UBI to come out with a patch or a response at that!!!
                I think it was over 6 months.

I just say this stuff so that Epic might actually try to defend themselves. Meaning maybe a official response will be posted!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Entil'Zha View Post
                  Yea well, it won't be the last of these cryposts.
                  Have you looked at this forum lately?

But that's how they want this forum.

Twist and turn this as much as you want. Console players are way different than PC players. They just don't understand what making a game means.
                  I'm a console player, ex-pc gamer. I know fully what making a game means. Don't criticize a group of people because they don't act and have everything that you have. Thats how people became slaves. Please, if your going to say something at least make it useful.

Thread Starter,
                  Please view my post on the mic issue, give your setup details and what problems you experience.

Thanks,
                  Pauls2ndblessing

Post mic problems here.
                  http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=592988

Comment

I have to ask though, is push-to-talk really nessecary? Why can't we have squad based voice with muting and all that jazz.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie1234 View Post
                      Even if there was mod support on day 1, good mods take time to make. Mod support is also new to consoles, and they said that it's coming. I really don't see what the deal is.

The mic issues should be looked at, but I'm sure the first PS3 patch will fix that stuff.
                      Actually, there are a few nice looking maps in the release forum already. I hope they will get it patched before the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by FierceLegend View Post
                        Dear Epic

We were told there would be Mod support but after the release date we were told that the game did not have those features.

Start Giving this game the support it needs because I have a feeling I was lied to.

Oh ya FIX THE MIC PROBLEM AND THE OTHER **** SOON I DONT FEEL LIKE WAITING HALF A YEAR FOR A LITTLE PATCH WHEN IT SHOULD BE FINE OUT OF THE FREAKING BOX.

MODS/DEVS

Please note that even thought he is being rude about it. This is some serious problems.

I have about 45ish friends on my buddy list, about 30 of them have unreal, about 4 of them play as often if once a day. Why? Well, what's the point of having the game, having friends come and join your game if they can't talk to each other? How are we suppose to communicate and make plans for a ctf game or something?

Also we should have that option where you press t and you can type whatever and come up on the screen like the pc does. The game Does support keyboard.

Either way, my point is. That everyone in my buddy list is crying about that. And that's a bad rep for you guys, because that's 30 people on my buddy list who has dif. friends than I. Which is pretty much talking **** about the game.

So please take that as you will, but at least give us a date or something when we will see a patch and mods being able to be used on the ps3.

ps: Now be honest... who of you guys thought, "Hey let's make them hold the right d pad to talk..." is that a joke? How are we supposed to play such a fast paced game with that? lol... Besides that the game is amazing... Lovin it.

Comment

Im scared because for some reason companies start working on a new game right away and they take there sweet time dealing with the issues that need to be addresed.
                          Epic don't have another project on board yet.

Even if they do, it'd be a very very small team - with most of the company working on UT3.

The game was pushed for a premature release by Midway, Epic can't argue about it since they'd probably get their funding pulled and then the game would just drop off the map ala-Duke Nukem Forever.

Comment

Dear Epic

Were do you people get this feeling of such self importance that you believe this game was made just for you alone? Because it does not immediately meet with your unrealistic expectations you feel that you personally are owed something, mate get your head back in the real world, and get your self down the shops and buy a bottle of patience.

Comment

I dont like his approach, but no voice comm in a shooter, or ANY game online is pretty lame. I have a jabra blue tooth headset, I have tried all the tricks and nothing works.

I have yet to hear anyone talk and I havent gotten any response when asking if people hear me. Please fix this prob. I dont mind the push to talk, IF we could talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X