PS3 Controls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS3 Controls

Could somebody list all the PS3 controls for me?* I find it difficult to run, aim, and shoot at the same time and I was wondering if anybody knows how to fix this problem?* Also, does any body know if I can use a keyboard and mouse with the PS3?

I think PS3 supports keyboard and mouse by default.

Comment

In the settings menu, you can go to a screen (controller -> customize controller or something like that) which shows you what all buttons do, and also on that screen you're able to change any button to do whatever function you want. So, if you don't like the current button configuration, you can readily change it.

Comment

Originally posted by Xendance View Post
        I think PS3 supports keyboard and mouse by default.
        What keyboard and mouse would i get to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by vette1 View Post
          What keyboard and mouse would i get to do this?
          Depends if you want corded or cordless. Personally, I'm a corded fan since even on the PC, the feeling is like your movements are instantaneous with no lag. Cordless always have a tiny, but noticeable delay. The negative about corded is dealing with the cord :-P

With that said, I have a corded Logitech G5 (one of the highest rated mouses (mice?) on the market). So far it's great, although there still isn't any compatibility with the two thumb buttons. I think this is the issue for all mouses (mice?) on the PS3 thus far though. Hopefully we will get this compatibility soon.

For a keyboard, I wanted a cheap corded keyboard, so I went to Best Buy and picked up a $20 dynex. Works like a charm. I never understood why people buy these $60 - 80 keyboards when the $20 keyboard is very standard and works very well. The keys also give good feedback.

To hook it all up, I did the following:

The PS3 was off, so I plugged the keyboard into slot 1, the mouse into slot 2, and the console controller charger into slot 4 on my 60gb PS3. I then booted up. On the PS3 menu, I moved the mouse, which moved the menu, so all good there. I also used the keyboard's left and right arrow keys to verify that the keyboard was working, and it did.

I then booted up the game (the disc was in the drive before I turned the PS3 off, not sure if it matters). Once in the game, I used the console controller to navigate the menus, but the keyboard also worked for navigating (push enter to access a menu). I went to the input setup, fiddled with my mouse sensitivity, then pushed square to access the keyboard keybindings and setup my standard key set. (No, you cannot bind shift, ctrl or alt keys). Come to think of it, I don't remember if I tried to bind my thumb buttons on my mouse...

Then I searched for a server that had a little mouse symbol to the left of the server name. Once in, the keyboard and mouse worked. I have the console controller sitting in front of my keyboard, so anything that needs to be done with the console controller, I can simply push the button, then put my hands back on the m&kb.

So far so good. With the G5, the sensitivity buttons still work on the mouse, so I can lower or raise the sensitivity in game since the change is being made on what the mouse reports as the movement. So that's good .

The only bad thing about the mouse and keyboard servers is that everyone else has a similar setup. Luckily I'm an FPS beast

People have been having trouble with their wireless mouses (mice?) and/or wireless keyboards from what I've seen on these forums. I haven't had a problem yet with my corded setup.

Comment

any usb keyboard and mouse should work. i use a wired keyboard and a logitec wireless mouse.

Comment

The default 6axis settings aren't quick enough for online play. Just spend a little time in the controller config screen, and figure out a custom set-up that is perfect for you. That is the beauty of customizable controls. Not enough games use this. I usually find things I dont like about all games that just use pre set control layouts. Full customization is the only way to go to get more people to enjoy playing. When I found a set-up that worked for me, I was instantly better. The pre sets all have flaws.

Comment

Working...
              X