regardless of fps high resolutions give mouse lag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    yep,same problem here. i always thought this game felt a little "off" esp. when using hitscan weapons. and apparently it is. i'm getting input lag around 25-45ms,and i've tried changing the sampling rate,disabling mouse acceleration in windows,and lowering visual quality.

this really is getting frustrating.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How can ps2 lag less? Makes no sense at all.

What's the sampling frequency? Same as sensitivity?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) Use a ps2 mouse instead of a usb mouse (less lag)
    2) dont't put your sampling frequency too high or it wil cause lag / keyboard interference (I use 100)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    guys i used yet another tweak that makes it somewhat better, not a complete fix but it makes it somewhat playable at 800*600 . Hitscan is still a no no though

usbmrs11 <<< google for it i set my sample rate for my usb at 500 instead of 125 it feels way better, deck is almost playable xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Rygars tip didn't help, 20 ms average ;(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Playing in window mode made a big difference to me too. But still is not worth it unless you have a ping of 44 or less.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bump this topic^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I may have found a solution to this. Well i didn't actually use any latency tools to view any numbers. but i know i felt a difference.

I simply changed my Flat panel scaling in Nvidia control panel. It was set to "use my display's built-in scaling" and I changed it to "use Nvidia scaling"

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have this lag too, average at 25 ms. I've shut off smoothing and acceleration (those deeper .ini settings too) but problem is still there.

Tried shutting vSync down, didn't help, tried windowing, didn't help.

Reduced resolution to 800x600, improves latency to ~7 ms, but who wants to use these resolutions when you've got 8800GT?

EDIT: Lower resolution didn't help at all. Googling for a solution now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I still get 2-3ms delay at 360fps. Something isnt right. Ill need 600 fps to make it 0.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    For me playing in windowed mode makes a HUGE difference on mouse movement experience, kinda did the trick for me tho the same can be achieved by tweaking the inis as mentioned by ultron.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok thnx, but be adviced the input latency i tested was offline. I normally have 10 to 30 ms and then it is barely noticeable. It is when the input latency starts jumping up that my mouse gets really unresponsive (gets its own will and starts floating irradic over my screen with fastly different speeds xD). What is causing it i dont know, but im sure its not my mouse, on other games/pc's it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    there are is a fix, i tried lots of different stuff. soz i got a stinking cold atm :/ and cant remember where i got the fix. ive book marked this topic and hopefully i feeling better 2morrow.

im running a logitech mx510 mouse. this is 27.22 online input latency. this has nothing to do with the game its self.

[shot]http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/zealot1969/ScreenShot00001.jpg[/shot]

Leave a comment:

• replied
    is it just this game?
    maybe its time for a new mouse? what kind are u using?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    About a week later and i still cant fix it. i was hoping to be able to play the game i bought in my cristmas break. Ill post a screen and you guys can tell me what all the numbers are so i might actually try and do something hardeware related.

Some aditional info. I noticed that input latency and fps are linked together. A
    drop in fps means a peak in input latency. Lets say that 90 fps gives 20 ms latency then 60 fps would normally give around 35 ms, but a drop from 90 to 60 fps will induce spikes that you can see in the screenshots. Offcourse 60 to 30 fps makes for even greater lag spikes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nShot00014.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...nShot00011.jpg

Atm im unable to play big maps like suspense or warfare maps although i have good fps (50+ on lowest settings), but also maps like deck and arsenal are terrible. I have this hunch it has to do with all the streaming going around but changing falues in the ini's had no effect.

I have a quadcore with 4 gb of ram with a geforce 6800 ultra as a placeholder in the system. Still i had no mouselag on my older system with the same card.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X