Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

am i the only one who hates spider mines? :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wouldn't mind so much if i could actually SEE the **** things, but with the overall darkness in most maps i can't.

and with so many explosions etc going on all the time, only once - last night - was i able to hear them coming in time to look for them and take defensive action with the flak.

talk about killed out of nowhere!! LOL

thanks,
    CD

Every time I see them, I think... thank goodness the canister gun was dropped. So.... no, I don't hate them.

Comment

I love the spiders, but I hate that the nest cannot be destroyed...

Comment

Originally posted by CoffinDancer
        No. >_< Actually the worst thing about them is that incredibly loud screaming when they jump in your face - one day I'll get a hearing loss of it. :/

Little side-rant: Make the Nightshade visible on World Detail 1 please. :P I said "rant"? Then let me add: FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
          I love the spiders, but I hate that the nest cannot be destroyed...
          I agree. I don't mind the low visibility. It makes sense that a mine isn't bright and colorful otherwise it defeats the purpose. The sound of it coming at you is your only warning and that's good enough for a player that's attentive to sound and has the maneuvering skills to put it out immediately (I suspect the original poster lacks both of those qualities).

The nest SHOULD be destroyable. Doesn't make sense from a design stand point. Going for all this realism, but making exceptions like this.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykong View Post
            The nest SHOULD be destroyable. Doesn't make sense from a design stand point. Going for all this realism, but making exceptions like this.
            True. Would be ok for me if it would take 1000 damage or so, just make it destroyable. :/ At the moment it can simply make specific areas inaccessible. Even 100 spiders can't get you when are busily dodging, but usually there are opponents around so that you can't focus on the spiders all the time... making the nest some kind of indestructible (and seemingly endless :P) source of death wasn't the best decision, in my opinion.

Comment

Tbh spider mines make me lol even tough i get owned by them my self

Comment

They should be easier to destroy. First time I encountered them I got owned like 5 times in the same place

Comment

I freakin love them. Just cause the fact they drill into your face

Comment

they should have skins to make them look like real spiders, other than that they're perfect to me :P

Comment

Yeah I dont like them either. I dont like things that make the game too easy

Pretty much everyone who gets into a nightshade gets a rampage with the spiders.

I've found the best thing to do once you've found the nest (if no enemies are around) is to stand within range of it and kill each spider with secondary shock. I think there are 15 per nest. Once you've killed them all you're safe.

Then you've just gotta find the git who planted them

Comment

I could deal with getting killed by them if I had a shot at killing them even just a little. What I cant stand is the sound that you still hear even after you respawn. Sooo annoying./

Comment

oh I forgot to mention. If you turn the ambient volume up, then you can hear the spiders better.

Comment

Originally posted by Captbigbeard View Post
                            I freakin love them. Just cause the fact they drill into your face
                            Nonsense, all they're doing is giving you a kiss with their drill.

Comment

Working...
                            X