Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

So I finally found how to remove those little annoying white arrows....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T@F View Post
    and i will never use a custom map without bot support tbh.
    +1 . . . . . . . . .

Comment

How about an Option to turn it off instead of generally asking about "ON or OFF"?
      Beginners would like them, in some CTF-Maps you can really lose your way.
      But when you know the usable Paths in the Map, there annoying, of course...

Comment

Yeah it's crazy!

I am a long time UT player. The arrows for me have destroyed UT 3. I don't want to see huge arrows pop up on my screen. I know where I am going and I know the map. If you don't know the map learn it. I beg Epic to please make it so we can turn off the arrows. PLEASE!

Comment

Ok I took another look at getting rid of those arrows with a mutator and came up with this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?6w9jslgm9pi

Tried it out on the test server/client situation, with a VCTF and a WAR map Didn't see any arrows anywhere.

Not entirely sure about it. There are actually two other calls to spawn these arrows elsewhere in the scripts, which this thing doesn't block. Nonetheless, played a few matches, no arrows. If you try this and have problems, let me know.

This thing extends playercontroller by the way, so it might not get along with some other mutators (I've read). I think if there's several useful tweaks that can be done this way, it might make sense to just throw them all into one big mutator, and switch them on/off individually with a config file or something.

Comment

Just give us a option tu turn it on/off. Plain simple.

Comment

Nobody can just replace the texture file with a 0% opacity on the arrows? (Just a thought)

Comment

Aww, I thought this thread would tell me how to disable them....

Yea they need to be removed by in-game option. A custom mod or map remake to remove them IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!

Comment

meh, they dont annoy me.

Comment

Aaaargh the arrows aaaaaah my eyeeeeesssss

Remove pls

Comment

Originally posted by dickbird View Post
                      This thing extends playercontroller by the way, so it might not get along with some other mutators (I've read). I think if there's several useful tweaks that can be done this way, it might make sense to just throw them all into one big mutator, and switch them on/off individually with a config file or something.
                      Originally posted by _Cox View Post
                      Just give us a option tu turn it on/off. Plain simple.
                      What *** said.

Don't try to be all things to all people. Otherwise your "no arrows mutator" will turn into Vista Ultimate.

Comment

So does this newest NoArrows mutator just remove the arrows or does it also kill the bot paths? I couldn't really tell about the bots ... they seemed as ineffectual as teammates as usual but it was nice not to see any arrows. Thanks.

Comment

I won't download custom maps that don't support bots, most of the fun for me comes from Offline Instant Action.

Just mutator it rather than sacrificing for it.

Comment

that's what we get for playing a console port. shoudn't we know any better by now?

Comment

But if this mutator works without disrupting bot paths then it is perfect ... what more could people want?

Comment

Originally posted by FeedBackTest View Post
                                We shouldn't be allowed to use Bots online. FFS if I go online it's to play vs REAL PEOPLE, not freaking bots with a 100ms ping rather than 0ms. Nothing is more frustrating than joining a server that shows like 10/16 and see that 80% of it is just bots.
                                I`m talking more offline tbh.
                                If i download a custom map,i would like the option to play offline with bots to learn the map ect.

And AnubanUT2 a mutator is ok for a quick fix,but i would rather have to option to turn them off,as many servers will prob not use the mutator anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X