Mac version any time soon? Demo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mac version any time soon? Demo?

been a while since anything has been said about this, and it has been noted recently in mac world (i think) that it is due for an early 2008 release. but there is still no sign or mention of the demo even though about 2 months ago it was said to be "soonish".
    it would be nice and good to get a demo, even a mac beta, to test to see if there are the same bugs .especially as there are some of us on macs that have been running UT3 in Xp on bootcamp so it would give a good platform for comparison.
    So any news then? how far into the new year will we have to wait for the mac version or at lewast the demo (i have alot of friends who want to play this but only use macs and don't want to have to go out and buy XP just to play UT3, yeah i couldn't wait)
    It would also be nice to see what the prefered specs are fot the mac as ther is only a choice of 3 graphics cards and the quadra fx4500 is just way too expensive, and also if the bug others have been seeing with the ATI x1900 are there on the mac too as that is the high end card (great choice! )

I'm personally looking forward to the mac version. Even though I already have the PC version, I wouldn't mind benchmarking how ut3 runs natively on the mac. If it plays well comparably to an equally equipped PC tower, well it would shut a lot of fanboys up.

OPENGL 3.0 new definitions need to hurry up

Comment

Originally posted by Obscurite View Post
      I'm personally looking forward to the mac version. Even though I already have the PC version, I wouldn't mind benchmarking how ut3 runs natively on the mac. If it plays well comparably to an equally equipped PC tower, well it would shut a lot of fanboys up.

OPENGL 3.0 new definitions need to hurry up
      OGL 3.0 is probably the key to this being a powerhouse performer on the Mac. Although with the graphics cards Mac's have now; I wouldn't expect much. It's definitely not made for the iMac that's for sure.

Comment

icculus (the guy who will port ut3 and gow to mac) said he ran into some legal troubles, so idk. but u could e-mail hime, icculus@icculus.org

Comment

Working...
        X