How Many Maps are there PS3 version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Many Maps are there PS3 version

i heard a couple of maps where cut out on the ps3 version so how many are there exactly on the ps3 version (not including variations of a map) and how many are on the pc version.

Originally posted by clarkportman View Post
    i heard a couple of maps where cut out on the ps3 version so how many are there exactly on the ps3 version (not including variations of a map) and how many are on the pc version.
    That doesn't make much sense. The PS3 uses Bluray, it can hold 25 GB on a single layer, 50 GB dual layered. Unless the thing is taking up 60 GB on the PC or the maps are just ridiculously massive and won't fit into the PS3's ram, I can't see a reason to do that.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulScreme View Post
      That doesn't make much sense. The PS3 uses Bluray, it can hold 25 GB on a single layer, 50 GB dual layered. Unless the thing is taking up 60 GB on the PC or the maps are just ridiculously massive and won't fit into the PS3's ram, I can't see a reason to do that.
      yeah thats what i thought its from this article
      http://www.gamestooge.com/2007/09/24...-missing-maps/

im wondering if thats old news and if everything is on the ps3 version as well. also anyone who knows how many maps are on the game i'd appreciate it greatly if you could let me know how many there are.

Comment

I believe there are 40 maps.

Comment

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
          I believe there are 40 maps.
          cool sorry to ask but do you have the game and can you confirm its about 40 or is it just what you heard? im sorry if it comes off as being mean just curious cause i hear all these number being flung around just want to make sure.

Comment

I'm quite certain all the maps on pc are on ps3.

Comment

they're all on the ps3. Epic posted something about removing a few maps many months back, but this turned out not to be true. Could have used more ctf maps tho

Comment

There about 47 maps all together.

Comment

Originally posted by Dymlos2003 View Post
                  There about 47 maps all together.
                  Are you sure about that ... there is not even that many for the PC ... did you PS3 folks get some extra maps us PC gamers don't know about. There are only 38 unique levels ... you may be counting the alternate versions of the Warfare maps ... there are like 4 different configs for Torlan but it is still the same Torlan. Now that I actually took the time to count the levels up I have to admit I am a bit disappointed that Epic only shipped 38 levels ... not even 40 and here I have been going around telling all my friends that this game ships with 40 maps ... talk about feeling silly.

Oh well with the solid user created maps I have (Shrine, Krodan, SPC-Pyramind, Orbital2007) I do have more than 40 maps (and more to come) but man I can't believe that Epic didn't make at least 10 CTF maps given they made 14 DM levels. Six is just not enough ... and the quality of some of the routes is questionable compared to UT2K4. I am really looking forward to when the UCMP team ports/remakes their maps for UT3. Now that is going to be kickass.

Comment

I counted 39 unique maps and then about 6-8 different layouts to a few maps. Tarlan has 4-5 alone then a few others have some. I Have the PS3 version btw. hope that helps

Comment

i counted 38

ps3 version

6 ctf
                      6 vctf
                      12 warfare
                      14 deathmatch

Comment

Warfare has 12 maps but it's actually 21 if you include the map variants and link variants.

Avalanche, Downtown and Dusk have two link variants each. (+3)
                        Torlan has four link variants plus one map variant. (+4)
                        Islander and Serenity have two map variants each. (+2)

Comment

Working...
                        X