Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is it taking longer for ut2007 to come out for the Xbox360?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is it taking longer for ut2007 to come out for the Xbox360?

I wouldn't mind playing it on the PC but right now i don't have an upgraded computer well enough to play it and anyways im more of a console person so

Why is the 360 version taking longer than the other ports to come out?

They started it (the 360 version) last?

MS are being a bunch a ***** RE: Mods?

They hate you?

Comment

The core game itself can be worked on over a period of time. Once they get to a point close to the end of the Development cycle they either have to start splitting resources to finalize the game for each platform or stop dev on one platform completely for a time. Since the original plan was a PC release...followed by the PS3 announcement followed by the 360 announcement, the market expectations were release in that order, though they had hoped for simultaneous PS3/PC release.

When it came down to the wire, they had to stop dev on the 360 release to ensure Christmas release for the PC/PS3 version. near the end, they announced the delay in PS3 release to focus on finalizing the PC release. Once the PC version went gold, they worked the last couple of Release Candidates for the PS3 then it went gold. There are a handful of features left to implement in patch 2 for PC before 360 development goes back full swing.

No one but Epic and Midway know what state the 360 version is in right now and how far they are realistically from having possible release candidates, but I doubt if it would be before spring IF that.

Comment

Maybe because they missed the fact that UT2007 got changed to UT3 ages ago and their looking for the wrong game? : D
        Also probably because even just to port simple things to other consoles can take awhile. Not to mention the fact they've been busy fixing the game up for pc users, and getting it out for ps3.

Don't worry should be early 2008, hopefully. : D

Comment

i thought it was suppost to be ut2008

Comment

wow, u really havnt payed any attention to anything thats happening to ut have you? its called UT3 now, they ditched the 360 version to work on the ps3 and pc cause the 360 isnt as powerful and has a closed network. you could have googled this and clicked "Im feeling lucky" and youd have gotten all the answears. extreme newb questions

Comment

Originally posted by Skill View Post
              you could have googled this and clicked "Im feeling lucky" and youd have gotten all the answears. extreme newb questions
              Purpose should be help them, not ridicule them for not using google.

Comment

I help those who help themselves.

Comment

nowhere is anything said about the 360 being to slow its the closed network only thats hold production of the 360 version up which might just be crossplatfor with pc by the time it comes out. The follow was taken from the developers interviews.

Now as we’ve said, the game is being released on the PC next week, and the PS3 later this year. But once and for all, will the game ever be out on the 360?
                  Mark Rein: Oh yeah, absolutely. Part of the reason for this is the Mods. The PS3 is an open system, and they embrace user-created content. But there isn't really a way to do that on the 360. So our job, when we finish the PS3 version, and we've taken a little break, is to sit down with Microsoft and to figure out how we can do Mods on their system.

With UT, I don’t want to have the PC players to play with just half of the UT players just because of the platform. There’s a real motivation to make it interchangeable with one big pool of servers out there that everybody can play in. If I can have a hundred servers with great ping to me by having all those servers shared, that’s really compelling to me. Oftentimes, you’ll see something like Battlefront 2, which is another game I love - there are much more players on Xbox, more servers, than there ever were on PC. As a player, I want to play better servers with more people.

Comment

hey skill i know its ut3 i own it for ps3 and have been looking into this game when it was 1st going to be called ut2008

Comment

Originally posted by Susak1977 View Post
                      hey skill i know its ut3 i own it for ps3 and have been looking into this game when it was 1st going to be called ut2008
                      Just for reference I don't think that was aimed at you, and I don't think it was ever going to be called 2007.
                      However I could be wrong on both.

Comment

Upgrade your PC or buy yourself a ps3, because the 360 version will be coming this time next year.

Comment

Working...
                        X