Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anandtech review of the Ageia PhysX card (benchmarks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anandtech review of the Ageia PhysX card (benchmarks)

For anyone interested in the real info, not supposition or rumor, Anandtech has done a good job reviewing UT3 with the Agia card. There are also benchmarks. I love benchmarks.

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3171

As a PhysX card owner, the results they get agree with my experience. FYI, newegg still has the BFG card available for $99 after the rebate.

My very obsolete specs;
    Opty 180 @ 2.6GHz (socket 939)
    DFI Infinity NF4 SLI (nforce 6.85 driver)
    2GB DDR400 (value ram)
    2 X 7950GT 570MHz 512MB SLI (169.04 driver)
    Ageia PhysX (1.1.1.14 driver)
    SB Live 24 bit (1.004.0055 driver)
    XP64 pro SP2 until Linux port arrives (AMD Dual-Core Optimizer)
    1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 50-85 FPS (I set a 85 FPS cap for offline)
    1600x1200, 3-3 quality, 26-70 FPS PhysX maps
    UT3 ver. 1.1

Hmmm, so the 2 maps made by ageia run better with ageia hardware installed... go figure. It's still worthless for the game out of the box. It's still software that doesn't utilize spare cpu power of multiple cores. It's still made by ageia... and what have they produced that wasn't complete ****? Cellfactor... worthless, warmonger... same, give me a break.

I still feel sorry for anyone who falls for the hype and buys anything Ageia, including the TC.

Comment

Honestly, if someone wants to buy a toy to play with, that doesn't mean they are dumb or need to be pitied. If someone has the spare cash to buy an Aegia card, then more power to em. They may not use it often, but it's their choice to buy it and check it out.

Myself, I will probably get one this February. I play UT3 and City of Heroes more than any other game - two titles that can use the card.

Comment

Originally posted by Respen View Post
        Hmmm, so the 2 maps made by ageia run better with ageia hardware installed... go figure. It's still worthless for the game out of the box. It's still software that doesn't utilize spare cpu power of multiple cores. It's still made by ageia... and what have they produced that wasn't complete ****? Cellfactor... worthless, warmonger... same, give me a break.

I still feel sorry for anyone who falls for the hype and buys anything Ageia, including the TC.
        Are you really raggin' on Ageia's game software? Ugh. It's 100% tech-demo. Not meant for anything but your VISUAL enjoyment.

On another note, I'm surprised by the jump in framerate on the stock maps. I wouldn't have figured you'd add 10-20fps on the standard maps. Kinda makes me want to consider one of these things eventually.

Comment

Working...
        X