Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal Tournament 3 Tweaker VERSION 4.1!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HereComesDeath View Post
    No I mean im using the Manual Installer portion of your tool. Where I put the files into the Dump folder and click ok...That's the only way they'll be installed properly..Dunno why..
    neither do i. because it uses the same script... its not a seperate piece of script for the manual and automatic..

if the download fails then it wont work obviously.. you may end up with partially complete files installed.. try redownloading a mutator, and watch it to make sure it was ok.

Comment

Ok ive found the bug which causes the app to lockup when trying to change the port number.

I want to troubleshoot the Gore control as this seems to be not working for many. unfortunately it works for me. so i cant generate this error!

if you canbnot use the gore control button, please open your UTGame.ini file and find

GoreLevel= near the top.

please copy and paste yours here. please note its case sensitive!

Comment

when i try to open it,it says that i can not open the UTengine.ini file...
        Im running vista.Whats happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Kontor068 View Post
          when i try to open it,it says that i can not open the UTengine.ini file...
          Im running vista.Whats happening?
          go to the folder where the tweaker is installed you will see a ut3config4.txt file. open it and paste its contents here

Comment

DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
            C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
            C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3

thanx for help

Comment

Originally posted by Kontor068 View Post
              DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE
              C:\Users\Brad\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame
              C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3

thanx for help
              the application has not been configured.... thats why my name is in those paths and the value is on one

check that the shortcut to the exe in that folder has "rebellious productions" in it, not "rebellious antics" ... i have a feeling you have two versions installed on your pc.

Comment

Just a heads up, the installer (and file names) still show it's version 4.0 (Current version 4.1)

Comment

Originally posted by Skippy_Doe View Post
                  Just a heads up, the installer (and file names) still show it's version 4.0 (Current version 4.1)
                  yes, thanks for pointing it out, im aware of it

as you may know had a nightmare with 4.0 ... so after getting it working i didnt mess around editing the version numbers and just released it again as 4.1 as it was stable...

it'l be corrected on next update.

Comment

Thanks for your effort.

It's a great program. Unfortunately for me it doesn't work the screen manager and the unlock parts, although i downloaded the 4.1 version.Maybe because i have everything in c:\program files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps and not in my documents folder (which is in a different drive). Anyway i can always hope for an update.
                    Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Comment

Unlock part screwed up my customchars.ini .. it get reseted.

Comment

@GnabGib: when the program ask for UTGame path, specify the one in Users\...\Documents. If it still doesn't unlock parts, be sure to launch the right exe (if you had a previous version installed, check the shortcut on your desktop if it points to the right path)

@anthonyd: you can rename your customchars.ini, UT3Tweaker will create a fille from scratch.

Comment

Yes anthony it does regenerate the file.. i would hope that you used the backup feature when you first opened the utility... as i spent so long coding that feature ... restore your original.

GnabGib theres a few things you can try with that.. but as it states in my sig i wont offer tech support here. these pages move way to quickly and i end up overlooking someones posts, so i keep them all together with a seperate thread for each issue.

Comment

hmmm, can't find the game folders on its own, placed some folder on my desktop without asking ---->uninstall

I'll keep tweaking by hand

Hopefully others will find it more acceptable

Comment

Originally posted by papaschtroumpf View Post
                              hmmm, can't find the game folders on its own, placed some folder on my desktop without asking ---->uninstall

I'll keep tweaking by hand

Hopefully others will find it more acceptable
                              ok where to start with you

cant find the game folder automatically... righty so how do you propose it detects them automatically when theres different language sets around the world?

placed some folder on your desktop without asking?
                              if you actually bothered to read what the installer was saying, it gives you the option to untick the installation of the shortcut on the desktop

you can take a horse to water, but you cant make it drink. thousands are using the tweaker, and with your inept attitude, id rather you didnt use it.
                              you talk like you paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X