How do you force 4x AA for UT3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you force 4x AA for UT3?

I tried going under the Nvidia control panel, and then manage 3d settings, then program settings and adding a new setting for UT3.exe, but it doesn't seem to have any affect in the game? I still see jagged lines on the shock ammo and stuff.

Try smearing some grease on your monitor, it has the same effect without performance loss.

Comment

AA does not work properly since it has to be forced from the control panel and not from UT3 itself (this is because it a DX9 app and UE3 does not do AA with dx9) ... even Vista users will have the same issue since the game is not made to use AA in order to have it be able to run on older systems as well as new systems. Even if you use 8QxAA it will not look nearly as smooth as it should but you will feel the performance hit ... again this will be dependent on the driver since it is the driver that is forcing AA. In the latest beta driver for example AA is totally broken and not even forcing it through the control panel works.

Comment

You can dowload third party products for XP that will force features like AA in the game...nHancer for Nvidia cards for instance. These tools are usually stable and widely used. I toyed with AA using nHancer and it wasn't worth the performance hit in my opinion.

Certainly worth a look, but the game looks great now.

Comment

Hmm I tried using the nHancer but it doesn't affect the game at all?

Comment

Are you using an Nvidia card in Vista?

Comment

Working...
            X