No announcement yet.

Why not PNY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could the PNY 8800 GT really be that much more expensive than the BFG 8800 GT that's currently at Best Buy (if you can find one). They're $238 - 10% or 12% off right now and you get a lifetime replacement warranty in case the crappy heatsink-fan dies or ends up cooking the GPU (what with the awful fan speed settings in the BIOS).

Comment

Originally posted by Sourpuss View Post
      Could the PNY 8800 GT really be that much more expensive than the BFG 8800 GT that's currently at Best Buy (if you can find one). They're $238 - 10% or 12% off right now and you get a lifetime replacement warranty in case the crappy heatsink-fan dies or ends up cooking the GPU (what with the awful fan speed settings in the BIOS).
      Are you saying you get a lifetime warranty on the PNY? Or the BFG or both?

Comment

I used to have a PNY 6600GT that worked great for a few months before it died. PNY support was a nightmare after a few battles with their support I finally got a replacement. It took two weeks for me to receive it.

PNY has the WORST support ever!!! NEVER AGAIN will I buy a PNY card again...EVER!!! At the moment I have a BFG.

Comment

Originally posted by btcomm View Post
          Are you saying you get a lifetime warranty on the PNY? Or the BFG or both?
          hahaha...hell will freeze over 1st before you get a lifetime warranty from PNY. They are only 1 year.

BFG has the lifetime warranty.

Comment

PNY is a fine card. Warranty or not, you won't have issue with ANY of them to take advantage of the warranty in the first place. Don't let the opinions of a few idiots convince you that your decision was wrong. There's nothing at all wrong with PNY cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
              PNY is a fine card. Warranty or not, you won't have issue with ANY of them to take advantage of the warranty in the first place. Don't let the opinions of a few idiots convince you that your decision was wrong. There's nothing at all wrong with PNY cards.
              I think PNY used to have a lifetime warranty, perhaps not anymore. I sure hope my PNY card does not die, only reason I got it was because it was in stock, if I had the choice I probably would have gone with EVGA, ugggg I hope it does not die, runs very nice right now.

I guess I will not even attempt to overclock it.

Just so you know, it seems PNY has a 3 year warranty on the 8800GT and if you fill out registration, you get an extra 2 years, in 3 years the 8800GT will be considered slow, in 5 it will be obsolete pretty much, so in a way it really does have a lifetime warranty.

http://www2.pny.com/8800-GT-512MB-PC...P2562C269.aspx

Look at the bottom of that page, says it has a 3 year warranty and extra 2 if you fill out registration.

Comment

Working...
              X