Expansion Pack Ideas!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expansion Pack Ideas!!

Sup guys! Had an idea yesterday about what the expansion pack could focus on. Before you say anything, I know there is no confirmation of one or even talk of one in the making but let’s face it, this game needs one.

So I was thinking for the single player portion, remember the original UT single player? The way it was set up? Bloody public exhibitions? Selected warriors to fight in a Tournament? Strength and Brutality are legendary? OK...Now....I LOVED THAT, I REALLY DID and I think it can be set up again with an expansion pack to UT3. Reaper lost his home, friends, clan, whatever, and let's say he survives that final video. He now has nothing and the war that was going on screwed up a lot of things so this whole Bloody Tournament idea is back and guess who decides to join? Reaper! I'm still thinking of a story they can integrate with this but IT CAN BE DONE and in my opinion SHOULD! It would be sick, they can bring some old characters back, and Malcolm could be the final bad guy! OK maybe this isn't the best idea, but SOMETHING along those lines, turning the current lame single player into the BADASSSSS it was in UT, would be a great improvement in my opinion!

Think about it, EPIC can even put in a ton of extra customizations for the characters, sort of like an armory where you can customize yourself before the battles. EPIC can even add in some UT2K4 single player for the people who want it with partner selections for team matches with money and all. Maybe you can even hire Krall mercenaries!? Would be sick!!

On top of that they could bring back a classic gametype? DOMINATION would be the best!

Also, there would be some classic maps and like I said, classic characters. Everything can be integrated into a story such as: some classic battleground (well know level), or an old champion, some rogue necris dudes, etc...shiat like that, they can work with it and we can HELP with IDEAS!

Overall, it's basically all this game needs: more maps, more and cooler characters and a better single player. I think it would do wonders for the UT community and I hope you guys agree. So what do you all think!?!?!!?

Anyone think this might happen?

Comment

yeah I hope it will happen. and the next expansion should be more like UT04 and all the charaters should make a return including the juggernauts and Egyptians. and the single player campaign should be more tournament style like in UT04 also.

Comment

and just for fun they could add some of the locust and the guys from gears of war has a separate team. "Just fun thoughts!"

Comment

The expansion pack needs maps- nice big fresh air open countryside maps. Indeed - massive maps that handle 32 players, and have loads of nodes. By then people will know how to play.

It needs Freon.

It needs to bring the active UT3 community into the game, with player profile pages, so that you know who that bloke is who is playing so well against you, or who supports your team, or whatever else.

And it needs a few extra vehichles. A mobile transport, that holds a teleporter, an axon nightshade equivalent that drops forcefields and suchlike, and a necris darklevi.

Comment

I'd like to see the 2003/2004 games, Arena, Assault, Onslaught, And that ball game in an expansion Pack. New Maps are good, but some things didn't need to be changed, fixed in UT3. They weren't broken. Warfare is great, but the old games were just as good, and I'd Pay for them again.

Comment

I'm actually hoping in the expansion that the single player will be more "Halo like" . Like being able to "free roam" the world but still remain in a linear storyline, and also like having checkpoints every so often. The maps in this type of campaign would have nothing to do with online UT however so that is why I am suggesting along with this free roam, have "Boss Fights" set up in the style of the Tournament.

That way, i think the single player will be more enriched and lure "those Halo kiddies", thus increasing sales, but still have the tournament itself implemented too.

Comment

Yeah, I'd like to see a 'portable matter diffuser' cannon that rips apart time and space in a certain radius or a 'miniature darkhole generator' -or somethinglike that- that is as powerful as the Levi, for the Necris.

Comment

I hope the SP will return, but I doubt it will....

Comment

Need more vCTF maps

Comment

Double domination & bombingrun please (bombingrun with ut2k4 movement included, otherwise it would really work

Comment

Originally posted by oldjoe1993 View Post
                        Yeah, I'd like to see a 'portable matter diffuser' cannon that rips apart time and space in a certain radius or a 'miniature darkhole generator' -or somethinglike that- that is as powerful as the Levi, for the Necris.
                        shock combo ?

+ necris got dark walkers.

Comment

"We've got some fun stuff coming down the road for this game as well"
                          Mark Rein said this in another thread.

Comment

What about Liandri vehicles???? LMC needs an important place in the plot!!! I like tournament idea but I think..... ehm..... another war-theme plot is better than a simple "istant action" tournament with a story.....

sorry for my English...I'm Italian and I speak a little bit of English

Comment

Originally posted by lsmith1981 View Post
                              and just for fun they could add some of the locust and the guys from gears of war has a separate team. "Just fun thoughts!"
                              You mean just as a totally pointless gimmick.

If you want to play as a COG, play GoW, simple as that.

Comment

Working...
                              X