State of the PC game, One Month In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    actually what will help the sames from the 360 is they play it, they like it, they get banned for playing bootlegs and then they buy it for pc, lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Same old stuff

PC games have always been outsold by the consoles. Most people just don't have a good computer, and lthough you don't need a monster to run unreal, you do for most other games out there now. The Witcher, Enemy Territories, Call of duty, and freakin crysis. My god, I have a really nice computer and can run all the former on med-high. I can run the witcher on freakin high, and that game needs some power, but crysis I have to go all low. I dunno why or how... but now I'm rambling.

Consoles- cheaper than a good computer, easier to deal with (just pop in the disc), cooler (everyone has an X-box 360 it's the sh*t), and to play with your friends. All my friends have 360. I don't

Computers- expensive! Complex (I have to tweak every single game I get to get it to work just right, but look nice), and the fact everyone has diffrent system means the better your computer that much more of a boost you get ingame.

While I'm a PC fan, console games will always beat us out. Of course I think WoW did wonders for us!

I have a feeling Unreal 3 is gonna be one of those games that sells well over time. With all the people downloading it on torrents, their bound to see how awesome it is and wanna play online. Plus when it comes out for 360, all the 360 fans will be playin it and word will get out more.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ghos7Soldier View Post
    People have a right to complain yes.

It's when they complain about the dumbest **** that they need to have their complaining rights revoked.

Seriously.

In short, thedeviot's post was pretty true. Most of the things people complain about aren't worthy enough for a HUGE complaint.
    yeh.. thats why only an avarage of only 700 ppl play this game online......... ppl complain about nothing.......... open ur eyes. this game was released as a beta.. and ppl shouldnt stop complaining till this game has the level u should expect from a Unreal Tournament game. many basic options or features r missing or dont work... im sure ull find them in other topics.

hope its not too late though :>

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I would hope we would all end "THIS >INSERT PLATFORM HERE<" PLAYS BETTER!"

And just say that the game in general is FUN.

Wait, I should be wishing for a million bucks at this point...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Theres a bit of hope as next months Games For Windows magazine will have a review of UT3. They would have reviewed it in the current issue, but the game shipped too late for them to get their review in on time for publishing.

I have a feeling it'll get at least an 8/10 and an overall favorable review. Maybe this will help sales. Don't forget favorable magazine and online reviews help boost sales.

Also Epic placed a full page ad in the magazine so they are doing some advertising. Maybe they just need to get more creative with their marketing strategy.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    maka your post sounds like a cheap way of trying to publisise the ps3 version. Who says the ps3 version is more fun, lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MeepZero View Post

We here have all whined and moaned about all these things that are "broken" and "wrong" about UT, but its really a great game. We all complain about not seeing enough players online but thats not something that can be simply patched. What I think is we need to get out and tell others about UT, get the word out that the game is actually pretty decent, I mean, if we didnt think it was any good then why would we all keep coming back here and playing the game and everything. Get out there, show it to your friends. Buy it as a chirstma/hana/kwanza/athiestholidyofgiftgiving present for someone.
    Epic is the one to blame
    Epic is the one who ruined the game by altering what was already perfect from ut2004/ut99/ut3
    Epic is the one who objectively trashed it PC gamers for the more profitable console gamers.
    It is not our jop to promote the game but that of Epic/Midaway

The only way out and proly more wise is to get the console version of UT3 witch is more fun and supported(as for now).
    We just dont have any choice but to get the ps3 version now, until near futur when with more mods and contents.
    By the way,
    PC version did not get as much publicizing as the ps3 one, yet more people play the game onPS3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by MeepZero View Post
    Now, first off, this is not a bashing post, I don't wanna see this get locked/deleted as much as anyone. I am trying to figure out a way to help the community here, expand the game, and give Epic a leg up and push some sales here.

In a recent post from gamespy it was stated that in the first month UT has sold something close to 33,995 copies to the PC users out there. Crysis sold something around 86,633 copies, but from what I hear their multiplayer is the worst thing ever and we all know that game takes a render farm to run. Other games such as COD have sold pretty decently, but the running tally here is showing that console games are selling far more then PC games. So what can we do as a community to help bolster the PC sales? The PC game is really where the heart of the community is, moreso then any console could ever produce.

We here have all whined and moaned about all these things that are "broken" and "wrong" about UT, but its really a great game. We all complain about not seeing enough players online but thats not something that can be simply patched. What I think is we need to get out and tell others about UT, get the word out that the game is actually pretty decent, I mean, if we didnt think it was any good then why would we all keep coming back here and playing the game and everything. Get out there, show it to your friends. Buy it as a chirstma/hana/kwanza/athiestholidyofgiftgiving present for someone.

Epic is doing what they can in the constraints of what they have to work with. Ideally from here they could start boxing copies of UT3 in video cards or something, but that will prolly happen when the next gen cards come out or something like that.

What can we do as a community to bring this game back into a brighter light and bring us some people to go frag with?
    I'm with you on this. For a month-old game, the on-line community is pathetically low in numbers.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ADiTheMAN View Post
    this is like the stupiest reply ive seen today......

first u start to mention the stupiest complains from the 41641641 complains, to make a point? which is what? yes.. there are stupid complains... how does this have to do with all the complains which are legit?

And then ur "There are far bigger problems to worry about in life than a game." lines .... so? since there r more important stuff then games it means ppl are not allowed to complain or something? or what? .... i dno when i look at the amount of ppl online, which is really low, and see all the trouble people have playin UT3... (if they play can play the game at all :>...)... and when i see what a big success CoD4 is... ppl should complain! this game is not UT worthy yet.

People have a right to complain yes.

It's when they complain about the dumbest **** that they need to have their complaining rights revoked.

Seriously.

In short, thedeviot's post was pretty true. Most of the things people complain about aren't worthy enough for a HUGE complaint.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    actually other then the ui, the other huge bug is the mouse being tied into frame rate, thats a big *** bug.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheDeviot View Post
    I dunno. I think many of the complaints are trivial.

"OMG it's on game systems too!!!" UT always gets ported. So what?

"OMG they made the UI like Serious Sam 2 ONOES!!!" Honestly that's the only real issue worth a ****, but it's a dead horse already. Time to enjoy the game

"OMG they changed the awards to Biohazzard, Combo King, and Flakmaster"
    A minor inconvenience at best. Classic Awards mutator anyone?

In the grand scheme of things they don't break the game.

And since I finally got my machine up and running again after being down a month the other day, I've been playing the **** out of UT3.
    And you know what? It's been truckloads of fun.
    There are far bigger problems to worry about in life than a game.
    The war, The homeless, the malnourished, the economy, our personal troubles, etc. At some point you have to build a bridge.
    this is like the stupiest reply ive seen today......

first u start to mention the stupiest complains from the 41641641 complains, to make a point? which is what? yes.. there are stupid complains... how does this have to do with all the complains which are legit?

And then ur "There are far bigger problems to worry about in life than a game." lines .... so? since there r more important stuff then games it means ppl are not allowed to complain or something? or what? .... i dno when i look at the amount of ppl online, which is really low, and see all the trouble people have playin UT3... (if they play can play the game at all :>...)... and when i see what a big success CoD4 is... ppl should complain! this game is not UT worthy yet.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by TheDeviot View Post

"OMG they made the UI like Serious Sam 2 ONOES!!!" Honestly that's the only real issue worth a ****, but it's a dead horse already. Time to enjoy the game

Wouldn't it be great if Epic stuck some small horses in the game with the next patch which appear randomly in maps?

That way, the complaints could be "OMG, PONIES!!!" (lol)

Leave a comment:

• replied

A minor inconvenience at best. Classic Awards mutator anyone?

In the grand scheme of things they don't break the game.

And since I finally got my machine up and running again after being down a month the other day, I've been playing the **** out of UT3.
    And you know what? It's been truckloads of fun.
    There are far bigger problems to worry about in life than a game.
    The war, The homeless, the malnourished, the economy, our personal troubles, etc. At some point you have to build a bridge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I'm not beta testing the game, I've been playing it since release because I enjoy it. And I've decided to do something constructive by helping others, rather than just whine about what's wrong and chastising people who enjoy the game.
    +1

While UT3 PC may be getting review averages of 85 (or whatever it is), the community deserves a rating of about 6/10 because of the way that many people have been acting. Naysayers need to stop saying the same **** and criticism over and over again and work constructively towards improving the UT3 experience. That can happen through insightful, non-repetitive, mature discussion about how to improve the game; by helping others with their troubleshooting/configuration difficulties; and of course, just by having fun here in the forums and online in the game

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I think the focus should still be on the retail game, honestly. Take a look at UT2k3, the first revised demo didn't come until February. And the release date is similar October 1, 2002 vs November 19, 2007 - so we might not see a new demo for another month or two.

I think that's a practical approach considering a) there are still some technical problems with the retail game and b) the UI needs to be tweaked more.
    I think you are right. There are other reasons, too:
    • Nvidia and ATI drivers will stabilize for use with the game. That will make a big difference.
    • There will be better troubleshooting stickies which will be able to point out potential software conflicts and other issues which are not caused by UT3, as well as the fact that UT3 forum members will be better able to help newbies troubleshoot installation difficulties.
    • There will be community maps and mutators as potential incentive to buy the game.
    • Epic could release a bonus pack.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X