PC/PS3 forum separately?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PC/PS3 forum separately?

Not to disrespect the PS3 gamers, but wouldn't it be logical to some extent to have a forum for the PS3 version separately from the PC version? After all, we're not exactly playing the same version of the game. Bugs, patches and all sorts of quirks are getting mixed up with people talking about different versions of the game. It will get even more confusing once the Xbox version comes out.

Also, we might get rid of this stupid PC/PS3 bashing which really isn't the point of this forum. Might as well make a flame/melting pot forum for that kind of debate.

I already suggested a separate section for PS3 discussion to Joe Wilcox the admin. I am tracking PS3 postings and it is a pain having to conduct a search string to separate the content I want to view.

Comment

Good idea.

Comment

I suggested this as well. Not only does the two versions have separate issues, it makes it hard and troublesome to distinguish which one is for PC and which one is for PS3, unless if it's clearly written out on the subject.

I also request that the same is done for the MODS section because obviously downloading a PC one DOES NOT work with the PS3 unless if it's "cook"ed

Comment

I think it's better if we are all one community. Yeah a lot of PS3 threads are up at the moment but that's because the game just came out. It'll die down soon and PC threads will stay on the front page for longer. I think it sux to have a fragmented community because we can all talk about the same things. The maps are the same etc, thus the tactics and strategies will be identical.

We have more in common with each other than not in common. Just prefix your thread with either PS3 or PC when you make a new thread.

Comment

Originally posted by wisdomWarrior View Post
            I think it's better if we are all one community. Yeah a lot of PS3 threads are up at the moment but that's because the game just came out. It'll die down soon and PC threads will stay on the front page for longer. I think it sux to have a fragmented community because we can all talk about the same things. The maps are the same etc, thus the tactics and strategies will be identical.

We have more in common with each other than not in common. Just prefix your thread with either PS3 or PC when you make a new thread.
            It would be nice if we could be one community but the truth of the matter is that there are far to many immature people that are part of the community and they like starting trouble with console gamers. It is really a shame but people just cannot respect other's right to game on whatever platform they want to. No one and I mean no one is worse than PC gamers when it comes to talking trash and creating issues for no good reasons with people who are console gamers. It is already evident around here and it is just sad. And what is even worse is that people are already getting ready to be harsh to Xbox 360 gamers when they join the community. It is going to be very nasty around here (I mean even worse than it is already).

Comment

yeah well i personaly would like it seperate but wartourist already closed a thread just like this one....saying there is no intention to split up the forum.. at leat a pc/x360/ps3 tag would be cool with me ...especially if you could sort by that tag

Comment

They need to separate the forums before UT3 is out on xbox.

Comment

So how about forcing a poster to specify a prefix for every post? So either PS3, Xbox360, PC or General.

That would make it easier to find posts that concern you.

Comment

For the tech-issues forum, I'd say yes, but for all the rest I'd vote strongly against it.
                    In the end we are playing UT3, no matter on what platform.

Like said, let the tech-issues forum be split up, yes, but nooooo way the general talk and similar.
                    Even the mods/maps section can stay as it is (and IMO should!).
                    Just add a line "Platform:" into the mod/map description where it says for what platform it has been cooked.

Comment

Working...
                    X