Tricks on Hoverboard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    You can make some jumps with the board that a double jump won't clear. Jump with the board, then press Q to put the board away at the top of your jump and press Space to jump off thin air (like the second jump in a double jump). This can, for instance, get you up the slopes in Kargo.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    click mouse button 1 or 2 while in air.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i only know of the 360 trick and the trick where u raise ur legs...theres a trick ive seen on youtube where he like jumps in the air and does like a sideflip or something...trying to get it tho no success yet

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
    being serious about this trick now, when you combine the hover jump with the above method, getting over obstacles that arent normally supposed to be cleared (that short back wall behind where the scorpions spawn in Downtown) becomes slightly more possible. If done correctly, you would jump, eject, and feign death in mid-air, causing your body's physics to be thrown over, or under a specific obstacle. Whether it is a low (low enough to see over but high that you cant jump over it) wall or a moderate sized gap in the floor, they can be cleared with the help of a board.
    They could have developed this aspect of the game a bit more I think, hoverboard tricks/jumps/ramps etc that let you access different areas.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    check it http://www.gametrailers.com/player/u...es/118479.html

also to see the IH HB jump just watch the next one aswell

Leave a comment:

• replied
    build speed on the hoverboard
    press Q(or get off the board) and S(or feign death) right after each other

if you get lucky something special happens

being serious about this trick now, when you combine the hover jump with the above method, getting over obstacles that arent normally supposed to be cleared (that short back wall behind where the scorpions spawn in Downtown) becomes slightly more possible. If done correctly, you would jump, eject, and feign death in mid-air, causing your body's physics to be thrown over, or under a specific obstacle. Whether it is a low (low enough to see over but high that you cant jump over it) wall or a moderate sized gap in the floor, they can be cleared with the help of a board.

it has its glitches at times though, at the right speeds, running into a wall and actually ending up dieing because of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Thelios View Post
    If using a keyboard and mouse: While on the hoverboard, of course, moving forward, press and hold crouch then a left or right strafe. Release the crouch button and you will do a 360, spinning left or right. Pressing jump when releasing crouch will gain a little bit of altitude.

Also, I think, press jump then alt/fire and you will kick the board 90 degrees.

Heres the thread for this: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ght=hoverboard
    lol cool !! Gonna try that thing out ! lol omg

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If using a keyboard and mouse: While on the hoverboard, of course, moving forward, press and hold crouch then a left or right strafe. Release the crouch button and you will do a 360, spinning left or right. Pressing jump when releasing crouch will gain a little bit of altitude.

I had to remap some keys so I could press them all with one hand. I use the arrow keys, so I mapped "page down" as crouch, right arrow as right strafe, left arrow as left strafe. Of course up arrow is forward and down arrow is back.

I use a G5 mouse. The right mouse button is mapped as jump and the back button is alt/fire. Alt/fire mapped this way gives me better accuracy on shock combos. With the right mouse mapped to jump, that's one less button on the keyboard to press.

Also, I think, press jump then alt/fire and you will kick the board 90 degrees.

Heres the thread for this: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ght=hoverboard

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Tricks on Hoverboard?

Tricks on Hoverboard?

Okay, I remember reading a review on UT3 talking of tricks. I then remember seeing a vieo with a complex trick (The one where you go upside down and grab the board(Or similar)).
    Yet I can only perform basic jump twists.
    Can someone give me controls on how to do better tricks?
    Cheers, Idris
Working...
X