Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by UT3sysop View Post
    You forgot the Amiga 128. Awesome Machine!!
    Amiga's Shadow of the Beast FTW !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cel4145 View Post
    You left a couple of important platforms out: Commodore64 and Gameboy/DS

Everyone else: Be nice in this thread. It's just itching to be locked by the forum moderators if you can't discuss difference/preferences for PC/PS3 like mature adults. Besides, who in the hell would want to join either group, much less a joint PC/PS3 UT3 community, if you continue to act this way.

I think we should establish a rule. Anyone who can't get along with the opposite platform should be on Santa's naughty list and should get coal in their stocking instead of a new graphics card, game, headset, or controller for Xmas
    You forgot the Amiga 128. Awesome Machine!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
    Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.
    Trashy Hookers are a good thang. I like Trashy Hookers

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have to agree with Dirkduncan. Some games are just more suitable for PC.

I have a PS3 myself. I bought it for games like MGS4, Devil May Cry 4 and all the other good stuff that will come out for it. I can't imagine playing a game like Assassin's Creed on PC either. Just like I can't imagine playing FPS games on console.

But the game in question is UT3, and while I think that it can be awesome on PS3 if you've never played it on PC, it still doesn't live up to the PC experience.

P.S. Don't bother telling me that this is my opinion - I am aware.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The only drawback's is of the PS3 version are.
    1)max 16 players - PC for instance have 32 players(now that are intesed battles!!)!!
    2)30 FPS - i feel that i dont need to comment this!!
    3)mouse/keyboard on PS3 is not equal with the PC so the game speed is reduced in the PS3 !!
    i wonder how the x360 verion will look

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by DaUff View Post
    Original Atari> Linux > Mac > PC > PS3 > XBox
    You left a couple of important platforms out: Commodore64 and Gameboy/DS

Everyone else: Be nice in this thread. It's just itching to be locked by the forum moderators if you can't discuss difference/preferences for PC/PS3 like mature adults. Besides, who in the hell would want to join either group, much less a joint PC/PS3 UT3 community, if you continue to act this way.

I think we should establish a rule. Anyone who can't get along with the opposite platform should be on Santa's naughty list and should get coal in their stocking instead of a new graphics card, game, headset, or controller for Xmas

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Set the record straight

All right folks, lets make this clear once and for all.

Original Atari> Linux > Mac > PC > PS3 > XBox

Clear?

Da

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dirkduncan View Post
    so
    1. youre a unreal noob
    2. you admit the controls are worse
    3. you compliment pc gamers in general 4 being fast
    4. in the OP you bashed PC gamers too
    you know why ps3 is worse:
    people like you, small kids complaining, bigger hit boxes, 3/4 of the speed, 10% of the graphics, 10% of the framerate, controls suck, smaller community... should i continue?
    PS3 just is worse, as all other console's (Wii not included, it's fun, in a different way) this btw, also has a reason.
    Sony thought it was necessary to put a expensive Blu ray disk and cell processor in it. if they would just stick a nice quad core Q6600 or other better processor which costs half the money, and replace the blu ray for HD-DVD which is much cheaper, and replace all the wireless things. they could actually spend money on a Quality Videochip!!! i mean, it's bottlenecking the whole PS3!!! in a computer you know you can always choose your own parts, and get much better performance.

not to bash ps3, but when comparing the pc always get's out better. price quality is way better then on ps3. i also think console's are holding the market down... with less computing power game studios still have to run on it. so they reduce graphics, it's ported to pc. somehow a bit better graphics... but not much
    Just as a note, no PC can be bought for the same price of the PS3 and compare to its performance in gaming ...

The PC market is going downhill since years, it has many other reasons and you seem to confuse the cause and effects.

The causes are pirating, cost of development on a non standard platform, less customers (linked to the price of a PC) ... etc

The effects are porting from console. It is NOT because of porting that the PC games recently tend to suck, it is because the PC market is less interesting that developers port their games to reduce development costs ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so
    1. youre a unreal noob
    people like you, small kids complaining, bigger hit boxes, 3/4 of the speed, 10% of the graphics, 10% of the framerate, controls suck, smaller community... should i continue?
    PS3 just is worse, as all other console's (Wii not included, it's fun, in a different way) this btw, also has a reason.
    Sony thought it was necessary to put a expensive Blu ray disk and cell processor in it. if they would just stick a nice quad core Q6600 or other better processor which costs half the money, and replace the blu ray for HD-DVD which is much cheaper, and replace all the wireless things. they could actually spend money on a Quality Videochip!!! i mean, it's bottlenecking the whole PS3!!! in a computer you know you can always choose your own parts, and get much better performance.

not to bash ps3, but when comparing the pc always get's out better. price quality is way better then on ps3. i also think console's are holding the market down... with less computing power game studios still have to run on it. so they reduce graphics, it's ported to pc. somehow a bit better graphics... but not much
    You obviously know nothing.

Do you know why all the consoles ditched on Intel and are using IBM processors? Because Intel overcharges and is hard to work with for development. Intel basically says, "Here's our plan, now give us the money".

The slowness on the PS3 is not due to hardware limitations since a mutator can actually get the game to run FASTER than a PC.

HDDVD may be cheaper but it obviously is not better. As a PC fan, I'd have thought you'd have taken the Blu-ray side, since a single layer BR has 25GB of space whereas a HDDVD has 18GB. That's a seven gigabyte difference.

Smaller community? Hah. That is why UT3 for the PC sold a measly 34,000 units last month (consult NPD)?

The PS3 was slated to release without a graphics chip. The Cell processor is very complex and can actually work as a graphics chip itself. PS3 was originally supposed to come with 2 cell processors but that would send prices even higher than the initial $600.

Controls are worse but that's if you don't have a keyboard and mouse. You can easily use a keyboard and mouse on the PS3.

Oh, and games are actually OPTIMIZED when they're meant to run on consoles, making better use of the limited hardware. For example, the PS1 had a 34 MHz processor and only 1 MB of video and 2 MB of general RAM. There is no PC with the same specs that can run games like the PS1 can. That is fact. I mean, just look at Crysis. The game is extremely unoptimized.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    so
    1. youre a unreal noob

Is this some kind of joke? Ever heard of Opinion, because you've just proven you're the biggest idiot ever.

Here's let's break it down...

1. You don't understand opinion and people's preferences.
    2. You believe power and graphics are everything..
    3. You've proven you're the biggest idiot on these forums.

Is it hard for you to imagine people like consoles and console gaming or do you expect everyone to be like you, wanting there to be only good graphics...

I know all pc gamers aren't like you though, it's just people like you that make them look bad.

Edit: Oh i forgot to add, it's not the controls it's the player.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I never played a Unreal game before this one. And its the fastest game for the PS3. I honestly cant imagine playing it faster. I dont know how you guys do it.

Also it needed to be slowed down so it would work better with controllers.
    so
    1. youre a unreal noob

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Arnout View Post
    I have a PC and a console, therefore I am better than all of you.
    I bow to your superior dedication to UT3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    LOL

I still dont bash the 360 either, its still a great console too. However I dont like Microsoft and I dislike the way they made it so the system will be obsolete withing the next 2 years.
    Yep. Xbox UT3 will be the redheaded step child of the UT3 community.

(we do have to be nice to them once UT3 Xbox is released. but we (pc/ps3) can have fun--together--making fun of them until then )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This is a retarded flame thread and nothing more.

I prefer PC because that is my taste and preference. That does not make PC better than PS3 that simply means that is my preference and what is right for me. There are those that can't afford Uber PC's. There are those who prefer Sixaxis over Keyboard and Mouse, There are those that prefer a computer chair and those that prefer a couch. There are those who have both and like both.

Just because you prefer something does not make it right for someone else. That seems to be a repeating theme with human nature in all facets of life.

I recommend this thread be closed on the grounds of being full of flame and fail.

/end rant

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, so we all wanted to be treated equal. That's perfectly fine, and both parties should. Opening thread's like this will not help.

Instead of starting a landslide like this (12 pages? lol) be the better man and just ignore those who choose to act out and put down other's and just stick to the thread's that help other's and that intrest you.

These type's of thread's don't help anyone.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X