PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supreal View Post
    Dude, are you kidding me? I come across as a PC fanboy? Do you have any idea how hypocritical your statements are? Do you honestly believe you don't look like a PS3 fanboy who came on this message board with the specific intention of starting a flame thread? Calling out PC owners and accusing them of not respecting the PS3 players and not agreeing with your assumption that the PS3 version of the game has to be just as good as the PC version or else?

It's not like I started a thread called "PS3 sucks: PS3 owners better respect us PC gamers"

No but I have read many of your posts stating such, and you were the very first person to reply with your genius "PS3 sucks."

Re read everything I have said. I never once said the PS3 version is "just as good" as the PC version.

You seem to be twisting everything I say, and turning me into a Sony fanboy.
    My intention wasnt in starting a flame thread, you added the fire.

Your like a bull seeing red. You cant see or hear anything else.

I already told you. Go ahead gold star yourself. There isnt any arguing with you.

All I wanted was respect, you are uncapable of giving me or any PS3 owners any.

Its a shame that we PS3 owners have to call this "community" a home, if we want to talk about UT3 on an official forum.

You might as well spray us with fire hoses.

Comment

Grow a pair and stop acting like a victim.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 View Post
        Oh, ****! Thats AWESOME!
        You bought **** PS3 for half a thousand bucks. Then bought TV for it for thousand and THEN - Laptop for same thousand.
        Cheap indeed.
        I like then i can perform most of my tasks with single tool.
        PC: Play, Internet surf, Development(Build sites or even games), Creativity(Writing music, drawing pics), Media player(Video, Audio), TV and Radio, Connectivity(Chats, IMs, VOIP), File sharing, and(OMG) work.
        That i can do with PS3(WITH COMFORT)?
        Play and use it as Media player. Neat.
        And if i don't buy **** huge TV to it, i can't do anything.
        Of course, i could buy extra laptop for such stuff, but i don't ****en have unlimited money.

And i'll never forgive consoles for their existence. Games became dumb and lost customization abilities.
        Yes but I bought all those items at different times. If I wanted a PC right now, to be able to run UT3 effieciently and not be outdated next month I would have to spend more than that.

And some of what you said doesnt look like english.

Comment

Ok fine. I would love to see a cross platform match between the best PC player and the best PS3 player, each playing on their respective platform, at the full PC speed of the game. I understand why Epic slowed the game 25 percent for the console players and decided against crossplatform play.
          Stop being a PC fanboy. I have a better PC rig than you and I have a PS3 but you don't see me bashing the PS3/PC at every chance I get!

The PS3 is a good, affordable choice for people who not only want to play UT3, but also other games, like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5. Games that will never be available for the PC. That's why I have a PS3.

I have a PC for RTS and FPS games primarily. I have UT3 for the PC but I'm not complaining about people who have it for the PS3 because it is understandable that not everyone has a kickass PC. And since there is keyboard and mouse support on the PS3 as well as Speedfreak on the PS3 makes it run as fast as a PC, albeit at a lower resolution than a high end PC (the PS3 runs at 1280x720). Now, I'd like you to tell me how to build a PC that costs $400 that can run UT3 at that level. Not to mention be able to support games that come out in the next 9-10 years on the PS3.

I'm quite sad that I didn't join the console generation earlier. The last console I had was a PS1. Before that, I had a SNES but it collected dust since I wasn't that much into games back when I was a kid (haha). And my PS1 collected dust since I was too much into Starcraft and Warcraft. But, there were a ****ton of amazing games released on the PS2.

Just because the PC hardware is top notch does not mean it will get amazing games. Every once in a while, a game will come along on the PC that is extremely amazing but with consoles, this happens at a higher frequency. If the recent NPD numbers are to be trusted, UT3 sold LESS THAN 40K units in November for the PC. Crysis had around 80,000 sales in November as well. As a comparison, Call of Duty 4 on the 360 sold 1.5 MILLION and about 450,000 on the PS3. So consoles are playing an even bigger part for game developers these days. Why do you think Crytek wants to port their engine to consoles after all the smack talk about consoles the Crytek CEO dished out before Crysis' release?

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 View Post
            Oh, ****! Thats AWESOME!
            You bought **** PS3 for half a thousand bucks. Then bought TV for it for thousand and THEN - Laptop for same thousand.
            Cheap indeed.
            I like then i can perform most of my tasks with single tool.
            PC: Play, Internet surf, Development(Build sites or even games), Creativity(Writing music, drawing pics), Media player(Video, Audio), TV and Radio, Connectivity(Chats, IMs, VOIP), File sharing, and(OMG) work.
            That i can do with PS3(WITH COMFORT)?
            Play and use it as Media player. Neat.
            And if i don't buy **** huge TV to it, i can't do anything.
            Of course, i could buy extra laptop for such stuff, but i don't ****en have unlimited money.

And i'll never forgive consoles for their existence. Games became dumb and lost customization abilities.
            I'm assuming he has an old laptop and like most people already have a PC but like most people, that PC is not able to play UT3 at the same level as a PS3, let alone a high end PC. Now, let's say you have a crappy PC. How much would you have to spend to get UT3 running at the same level as the PS3? More than $400, guaranteed.

Also, the PS3 supports Linux and once the RSX is made available to YDL, Linux will run even better. You can do all that you listed on the PS3 using a Linux install.

And most people can't even upgrade their PC components these days without upgrading everything. The C2Ds require specific LGA775 motherboards. The G80s require PCI Express x16 motherboards. Also, since graphics are an issue, you'll need to get a kickass monitor to go along with it, if you're adding the TV price (I use my 24" monitor with both my PS3 and PC, but I digress).

Comment

ok im not going to argue but this is why I don't like it on a console, unreal has always been on the pc and thats where it should stay. Having a console coming into the mix just killed it a little because the menu was dubbed to the basics and the taunts are gone and all the ut fans know which one im talking about. Gameplay is fine but all the little extras that they took out really hurt the way UT really is. But I see where epic is going they are trying something different which I can respect.

You learn from your mistakes and gains and epic is learning from the community on what they are saying. And as for cross platforming no way in **** that will work becaise the feud would only get bigger between console and pc. I can go on and on but it will take to long to type so thats just the basics of what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by linkgun View Post
                Stop being a PC fanboy. I have a better PC rig than you and I have a PS3 but you don't see me bashing the PS3/PC at every chance I get!

The PS3 is a good, affordable choice for people who not only want to play UT3, but also other games, like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5. Games that will never be available for the PC. That's why I have a PS3.

I have a PC for RTS and FPS games primarily. I have UT3 for the PC but I'm not complaining about people who have it for the PS3 because it is understandable that not everyone has a kickass PC. And since there is keyboard and mouse support on the PS3 as well as Speedfreak on the PS3 makes it run as fast as a PC, albeit at a lower resolution than a high end PC (the PS3 runs at 1280x720). Now, I'd like you to tell me how to build a PC that costs $400 that can run UT3 at that level. Not to mention be able to support games that come out in the next 9-10 years on the PS3.

I'm quite sad that I didn't join the console generation earlier. The last console I had was a PS1. Before that, I had a SNES but it collected dust since I wasn't that much into games back when I was a kid (haha). And my PS1 collected dust since I was too much into Starcraft and Warcraft. But, there were a ****ton of amazing games released on the PS2.

Just because the PC hardware is top notch does not mean it will get amazing games. Every once in a while, a game will come along on the PC that is extremely amazing but with consoles, this happens at a higher frequency. If the recent NPD numbers are to be trusted, UT3 sold LESS THAN 40K units in November for the PC. Crysis had around 80,000 sales in November as well. As a comparison, Call of Duty 4 on the 360 sold 1.5 MILLION and about 450,000 on the PS3. So consoles are playing an even bigger part for game developers these days. Why do you think Crytek wants to port their engine to consoles after all the smack talk about consoles the Crytek CEO dished out before Crysis' release?

Great! So while you're quoting me and not commenting on my actual quote, who do you think would win that match? If you read this thread you would know that I rephrased my original statement and said that the PC is the superior system for FAST FPS GAMES. So I'm not bashing the consoles, I am saying PC's are superior platforms for FPS games. I never said anything about Gran Turismo, did I ?

Comment

Yeah I am sure UT3 is great on the PS3 at 3/4 the speed of PC.
                  You can use the speedfreak mutator to make the game just as fast or faster than the default speed in the pc version

Comment

Oh boy is it console versus PC time again?!??! YAY!

Here's the facts. The PS3 is a decent console. With mouse+keyboard support it offers a mediocre platform for an fps game. With the controller it offers a pretty bad one IMO. But there are a lot of PS3 people out there and this is a big title for the console, which means there is a big market. Likely you'll have a lot of people playing which is good for you.

There is your ps3 respect. Now, wanna know why those very same ps3 players catch hell from PC players? because epic wasted it's development time on building cross-platform support. Because epic designed an interface that was wretched because it was trying to make it work for multi-platform. Because epic threw out tons of features that were common place in previous iterations of the game. Demorec is broken. We can't copy and paste IPs. Video menu option might as well be non-existent. The list goes on and on. I can't even begin to describe the amount of animosity that those broken features have caused. I've watched so many people throw down the game and turn back to TF2 that I can't even count them all. Now I stare at empty servers. The game play is great, but those little annoyances have turned off many of the UT and 2k* players.

So yes. We're bitter. It's not your fault. You didn't make epic do it. But you're going to receive some of our rage. Epic severely damaged a franchise in order to kowtow to you and your fellow consolers.

Sorry if that offends you.

Comment

PC vs. Console

I have a PC that will run this game fine. I had a blast on the demo blowin' folks up Athlon XP2-4800, 2Gigs, GF7800GTX.

But...I much prefer playing this game on the console. I have a 65" 1080P TV upstairs that is just massively funzy to play on, and I much prefer kicking back in my chair and raising hell with my controller. I am starting to get quite good with it, and am winning one out of every 3 or 4 maps I play in DM. So, having the experience of both sides of this proverbial coin, I can say there's room for both.

Be advised...this game would not do well at all without console sales. AT ALL.

There are too many hackers out there than can get copies via torrents and play the single player and LAN features and have fun with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                        Yes but I bought all those items at different times. If I wanted a PC right now, to be able to run UT3 effieciently and not be outdated next month I would have to spend more than that.

And some of what you said doesnt look like english.
                        LOL. Month? I'm buying PC one time in 3 YEARS. And one time per year i'm buying new Video Card for 300$.

Sorry, im foreign dude.

And BTW, consoles are DANGEROUS! :O
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4KjDuQAMr0

Comment

IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a real system.
                          Heh flamebait right there. Good luck trying to get a point across about PS3 after saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_Slap-a-Ho View Post
                            I have a PC that will run this game fine. I had a blast on the demo blowin' folks up Athlon XP2-4800, 2Gigs, GF7800GTX.

But...I much prefer playing this game on the console. I have a 65" 1080P TV upstairs that is just massively funzy to play on, and I much prefer kicking back in my chair and raising hell with my controller. I am starting to get quite good with it, and am winning one out of every 3 or 4 maps I play in DM. So, having the experience of both sides of this proverbial coin, I can say there's room for both.

Be advised...this game would not do well at all without console sales. AT ALL.

There are too many hackers out there than can get copies via torrents and play the single player and LAN features and have fun with it.
                            Unfortunately so, and with such a large amount of content already available on the previous versions of UT....

Comment

Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.

IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a real system.

Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.

You should see UT3 community as a whole, rather then telling all the PS3 owners to drink from a different water fountain...

I am console owner, always have been. I like playing with a controller rather than being hunched over with a KB/M. I also like playing on my 50"1080p HDTV from the comfort of my couch.

There are positves and negatives to owning either version.

Stop being so stuck up, thinking your better than PS3 owners because you PC cost you a small fortune.

I do not think the PS3 sucks, i'm meerly aware of some of the unfortuneate faults (hardware faults) that are present in the system.... it's to bad sony didn't have another year at least to work out the kinks... a well, developers have had to suffer in trying to design games for the system....

to point out a few facts..

Anything a PS3/Xbox/Wii, any other conceiveable peice of electronics, a PC will always be superior... that's just a simple fact of the matter..... it's not a bash, it's not trash talking consoles.. it's just pure truth of the matter...

Any Computer can be hooked up to any form of display, any sort of sound system, any sort of elaborate interface be it keyboard or controller.... i can be sitting back in my couch just as relaxed as any console player, or be up in the screens face.... i can choose without much of any difficulty to play with the controller, or the lightning fast and accurate abilities of a mouse.....

And being PC, we'll likely be the first (and are the first in fact) that we'll have the largest selection of mods and mutators and add ons in any conceiveable flavor.....

that's the plain ol truth of the matter..... no side stepping, no bull****

Comment

PS3 sucks.
                                LULZ it's true

Comment

Working...
                                X