Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
    Arguable.
    If UT3 sells better for consoles, then Epic might start to completely ignore the PC gamers, and I would have to play Unreal 3, if that is ever made, on some console. Except I don't play FPS's on consoles.
    Isnt that better than having the series die completely?

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
      I knew someone would like my sandwiches analogy.

I am done for the night. Please guys. Kindly wait for me to argue some more, as it seems I am the only one defending the PS3. Unless you like arguing with nobody.
      There is a chance this thread might not be here when you come back, in which case you will not be able to read this.

Isnt that better than having the series die completely?
      I really don't think so. Don't get me wrong, but console exclusive FPS's are generally (always?) aimed towards a younger audience, I wouldn't want Unreal 3 to be just another haloesque game aiming to please people (the kids sorry) with "OMG ossum so cool and explosions!!' as I feel is the case with so many games these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Jocked View Post
        Arguable.
        If UT3 sells better for consoles, then Epic might start to completely ignore the PC gamers, and I would have to play Unreal 3, if that is ever made, on some console. Except I don't play FPS's on consoles.
        Not going to happen, not only is epic mainly a multiplatform developer, but you can't use the unreal editor on the consoles unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by supreal View Post
          Seems to me like you started this thread with the specific intention of starting an argument.
          Somewhat.

I didnt necessarily start it for an argument, however I knew there would be one and I started the thread anyway.

I am not a troll, I am not a PC hater, I am not a Sony fanboy (I own a wii also).

I just like console games over PC games. I dont go around bashing PC games, and I dont think its respectful to bash my console games.

There are PS3 owners on these forums now, and you should probably be mindful. Didnt your mom teach you respect?

I am just here to point out the fact that the PS3 version isnt that bad at all.

I have been polite, and respectful this whole entire thread, except the part where I insulted you, but I did EXPLAIN why, and it was more to make an example of how you bashing my console would feel. Oh and I also apologized.

Comment

What makes you think the series would die without the PS3? You don't seem to understand there are lots of people who will never switch to a lesser platform to get their FPS fix and there will always be developers who make games for that market.

Comment

What makes you think the series would die without the PS3? You don't seem to understand there are lots of people who will never switch to a lesser platform to get their FPS fix and there will always be developers who make games for that market.
              Just as there are no "lesser humans", there are no lesser platforms.

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
                Just as there are no "lesser humans", there are no lesser platforms.
                Ok fine. I would love to see a cross platform match between the best PC player and the best PS3 player, each playing on their respective platform, at the full PC speed of the game. I understand why Epic slowed the game 25 percent for the console players and decided against crossplatform play.

Comment

I personally dont think that the series would die. There seems to be a diehard following with the PC, and Unreal. I think thats a great thing. Dont let it die.

I was simply referring to what another poster had said, and you replied to.

I understand everything completely. Its you who dont understand. You seem to lack all understanding. You dont understand why a PS3 owner would be offended by saying it sucks. You dont understand how PC fanboy you actually look. There is no reasoning with you. You dont even want to try to understand.

You are the only one in this thread fighting tooth and nail, saying that the PS3 sucks. I cant imagine why you feel so passionately about hating the PS3. Seems to me that you are ****** that the PS3 which sucks, does pretty much the same thing as your high end PC does, minus some speed.
                  Something which to me is fast as hell already.

Comment

Ok fine. I would love to see a cross platform match between the best PC player and the best PS3 player, each playing on their respective platform, at the full PC speed of the game. I understand why Epic slowed the game 25 percent for the console players and decided against crossplatform play.
                    Again it's not the platform, it's the player.

Don't blame the controller, it doesn't control itself.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottUT View Post
                      Nothing wrong with playing UT3 on a console. In fact, console sales are whats going to save this franchise.
                      Ironically, we're going to have to depend on console sales to raise the game's profile and drive PC sales. Sad, but it looks like it's going to be true. Us PC players really need the game to become wildly successful on the consoles.

Comment

I also would like to see that.

Fine you win. Print this thread out and hang it on your fridge....
                        Does that make you happy?

You are awesome mister. Why arent you playing UT3 on your super awesome PC?

To you PC is better, to me PS3 is better. I was just asking you to respect us PS3 owners. But I guess respect is something you cannot comprehend.

Comment

Fängt diese faschistoide Scheisse schon wieder an. Mal isses n Fussball-Verein, mal ne Konsole.

This thread is gonna be closed.

Comment

I personally dont think that the series would die. There seems to be a diehard following with the PC, and Unreal. I think thats a great thing. Dont let it die.

I was simply referring to what another poster had said, and you replied to.

I understand everything completely. Its you who dont understand. You seem to lack all understanding. You dont understand why a PS3 owner would be offended by saying it sucks. You dont understand how PC fanboy you actually look. There is no reasoning with you. You dont even want to try to understand.

You are the only one in this thread fighting tooth and nail, saying that the PS3 sucks. I cant imagine why you feel so passionately about hating the PS3. Seems to me that you are ****** that the PS3 which sucks, does pretty much the same thing as your high end PC does, minus some speed.
                            Something which to me is fast as hell already.

Dude, are you kidding me? I come across as a PC fanboy? Do you have any idea how hypocritical your statements are? Do you honestly believe you don't look like a PS3 fanboy who came on this message board with the specific intention of starting a flame thread? Calling out PC owners and accusing them of not respecting the PS3 players and not agreeing with your assumption that the PS3 version of the game has to be just as good as the PC version or else?

It's not like I started a thread called "PS3 sucks: PS3 owners better respect us PC gamers", I'm just stating my opinion that the PC version of UT3 is better than the PS3 version. You are the one who seems to have a problem with my audacity to explain why.

Comment

Nope but I have a laptop which I use for basic PC activities. For me to upgrade to a high end gaming desktop would cost me a fortune.
                              Oh, ****! Thats AWESOME!
                              You bought **** PS3 for half a thousand bucks. Then bought TV for it for thousand and THEN - Laptop for same thousand.
                              Cheap indeed.
                              I like then i can perform most of my tasks with single tool.
                              PC: Play, Internet surf, Development(Build sites or even games), Creativity(Writing music, drawing pics), Media player(Video, Audio), TV and Radio, Connectivity(Chats, IMs, VOIP), File sharing, and(OMG) work.
                              That i can do with PS3(WITH COMFORT)?
                              Play and use it as Media player. Neat.
                              And if i don't buy **** huge TV to it, i can't do anything.
                              Of course, i could buy extra laptop for such stuff, but i don't ****en have unlimited money.

And i'll never forgive consoles for their existence. Games became dumb and lost customization abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by DS3 View Post
                                Oh, ****! Thats AWESOME!
                                You bought **** PS3 for half a thousand bucks. Then bought TV for it for thousand and THEN - Laptop for same thousand.
                                Cheap indeed.
                                I like then i can perform most of my tasks with single tool.
                                PC: Play, Internet surf, Development(Build sites or even games), Creativity(Writing music, drawing pics), Media player(Video, Audio), TV and Radio, Connectivity(Chats, IMs, VOIP), File sharing, and(OMG) work.
                                That i can do with PS3(WITH COMFORT)?
                                Play and use it as Media player. Neat.
                                And if i don't buy **** huge TV to it, i can't do anything.
                                Of course, i could buy extra laptop for such stuff, but i don't ****en have unlimited money.

And i'll never forgive consoles for their existence. Games became dumb and lost customization abilities.
                                Hmm so you play games to customize them?

I hear they have rumble abilities though!

Comment

Working...
                                X