PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Sam & Max 104: Abe Lincoln Must Die! Get a full episode for free! It's the American way! <---- That's why the PC rules!

You don't get stuff like that on a console.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dav3y.b View Post
    after all you can partition the disc and run linux off of it. sony could certainly develop a fully featured OS for their system
    Too bad it takes forever to load Linux. The PS3 just doesn't have enough memory.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you would be... i doubt there's a hardcore pc gamer who doesnt enjoy a good console game every now and then... its just that certain things have and always will play better on PC (and vice versa).

My main beef right now the PC market is that its pretty well flooded with terrible games... not being a graphics *****, after playing crysis, i was almost rather insulted. i mean sure, there ARE some neat things about the game, but its not really much thats actually special. back when enemy territory quake wars was hyped for release, i was excited (being an avid Wolfenstein fan), when it finally hit, i ended up thinking "wtf is this ****?"

same thing now with RELEASE CANDIDATE SEVEN (note: this forum needs to filter "unreal tournament 3" into release candidate seven, and "ut3" into rc7). perhaps its the fact that games are being SO hyped that they cant possibly live up to it anymore. I'll always love PC's due to their versatility, but who's to say a PS3 cant be just as versatile? after all you can partition the disc and run linux off of it. sony could certainly develop a fully featured OS for their system (i think Home might help that out a bit as well).

Also, the way they have consoles setup now is really nice... i own a xbox360, and being able to download demo's is pretty ****ing sweet. It'd be nice to see a download feature (really a disc copy feature) be added to ps3 so you dont have to use the disc.

Ive got a modded ps2 and if i buy a game, ill usually copy the disc off, burn it and keep my original in a safe place. this would be pretty ideal i think.

k, its too late to keep rambling

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I personally preffer my PC, i can spend hours on it doing stuff and not get bored for weeks, Consoles i play and have fun with but after a while i get bored and come back to my PC.

You can say all you want about how easy it is with a console etc about sticking a disk in and it runs, no crashes etc, But with the pc i find it just as easy jumping in and out of all the games i have installed and also jumping onto websites and chatting on Messenger and no console can make up for the convenience of a PC for me because all my friends use their PC's and i only have a 360 (which ill get into later) and a Wii.

when it comes down to it though, how often do you get games on PC that have game breaking bugs, crash or wont start etc? in my experience not often (and even when you do those same bugs are wiped out by a patch some time down the line if the developer is worth anything), it does happen and is frustrating when it does but i think out of my last 10 purchases for my PC only 2, Crysis and Bioshock, have given me any trouble and on both it was sound caused by FMOD apparently which is the devs choice (frustrating and stupid one if you ask me), although Crysis crashes for me whereas Bioshock didnt (atleast not as often).

But you also have to remember that with a console, if the disk gets scratched thats the game gone or ruined in some part, Halo 3 disk got scratched WHILE in the drive, i now cant play the first 2 levels of the single player although i dont even play it now because its the same thing we played on the original Xbox, Remember what happened to the Halo 3 CE guys? all their disks arrived scratched. The Xbox 360 has been a farce, the reason i have one is because my brother got that Red ring of death, was too addicted to some game to wait for MS and bought another and gave me the one that came back from MS, then the one he bought started going funny so he swapped that with the one he gave me and now i get constant disk read errors while playing games on it. So really there is hassle with both PC and Consoles, just a different kind of hassle.

atleast on PC if its installed you can still play provided you dont need the disk in the drive to run it, which can obviously be bypassed if you do. This only applies to the Xbox crowd and not PS3 but i like to play online and only have to pay for my broadband and not some stupid "Service" that charges you in order for you to play a game online with friends. I believe the PS3 has a free service, i was pretty pleased when i heard that as it might force Micro$oft to get rid of their charges but so far nothing.

I dont think there is anything wrong with Consoles, they do get some great games that are just as good as games on PC and that trend seems to be on the rise, but i find that alot of games released on consoles can be a bit shallow or short lived whereas the games i can get for the PC can last me weeks if not months (obviously not all games on PC are like that, but i see less of the shallow games on pc), I like RTS's and ive yet to see a decent rts on a console, esspecially one compareable in scale and quality of Supreme Commander (i was a big TA fan ). I personally was of the same mindset about consoles and FPS's being a PC genre but that was mainly due to controllers being a step backwards from a Keyboard and mouse, but if you can use a keyboard and mouse with it on PS3 i see no reason why it shouldnt be on there, its just a shame the game has to be slowed down because some people will use a controller. The only bad thing there is that with a console, you tend to have it where you can relax on your couch infront of a big screen and in that kind of situation you dont have a good way of setting up Keyboard and mouse.

Ill always be a PC first consoles second person, But i dont think ill ever be a PC first Consoles *Never* otherwise i wouldnt be a gamer, would I?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    i havent read everything said, so i hope its not been said, but ill will say this

I hope the PS3 somewhat takes over the market. UT3 on PS3 supports full keyboard/mouse functionality (afaik), which means other developers could easily do the same. If all FPS's on PS3 were to support keyboard and mouse, then everyone would be unified on a single platform, expanding the community into new area's. This way, everyone could get what they want, and the investment would be a much cheaper one i think (a decent gaming rig will probably run you about 800-1000 easy, buy a ps3 for 400, and you also get the added benefit of PS3 games, or for the extra ~100$ ps2 and ps1 games)

PC gaming has gotten extremely sad lately. Crysis is a rather generic game with graphics too good for itself, and games are failing to live up to their hype left and right. I'd rather be able to buy a single piece of hardware and do the same level of gaming on it as i do on my PC.

If only sony would get their act together on the **** PS3 and get it to have all the great features it should've had in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Eurynomos View Post
    UT3 should have been pc exclusive imo, would have had many more features/options/customization.
    Please, people. Stop with the mantra and step out of the utopian dreamworld you have created for UT development. It's an impractical, unrealistic projection of what would have happened with the game if UT3 were designed exclusively for the PC.

Pay attention to where the gaming industry has been headed. Given the exploding console market, the potential console sales is certainly what encouraged Epic to invest the amount of time and money that they have into game development. UT3 has too much competition in FPS games to survive in PC version alone. If UT3 had been exclusively for the PC, it would be an upgraded version of UT2K4 or a really crappy, much less refined, shadow version of what we have because Epic would not have put near as many resources into its development.

The only future for a successful UT franchise is through solid cross platform support and development. I bet you could ask any game industry analyst and they would tell you the same.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by dod View Post
    Its not FPS game without Keyboard and mouse! A controller for FPS? Thats for kids.

My brother and cousin were playing some Spiderman game, and couldn't beat this end boss. I walked in and they asked if I wanted to play. I picked the controller up with two fingers and shook my head while muttering "so primative". They laughed and said ok Mr. PC man, lets see you beat this end boss. I played and beat it on my first attempt while looking rather bored. They shut the machine off.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    someone needs to put this thread out of its misery already...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Its not FPS game without Keyboard and mouse! A controller for FPS? Thats for kids.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah, consoles are great, I play my ps3 all the time. But when you reduce the quality of PC games by making it multi platform, thats just not cool. If I wanted to have nearly all prior ut customization gone I would have bought the ps3 version. Making a console game and porting it to the pc then hopefully patching it back the the level of a pc game doesn't seem like the right way to do things.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pionata View Post
    lol I've had a pc for years and decided to use Mac for my studio and Ps3 for gaming. The ps3 version is fine, not maxed out but well detailed and has a stable framerate.
    Plus on the PS3 you'll get games you would never get on PC like Japanese RPG and games like Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Burnout, Ratchet (when's the last time PC got a good platformer?). For pure power Pc is the king, but for gaming experience the current consoles surpasses it in choice and usability (dont have to waste time installing and tweaking, crashing windows, etc...). Big plus also is that consoles have better surround audio implementation and offer more splitscreen options.

There is something very nice about loading a new game on a console, on a couch in front of a HDTV, with controllers AND FRIENDS, and not worrying about the details settings or installation ****.

Who cares about a few graphical limitations anyway, beside geeks?
    I agree totally... Consoles are more fun to play with if you have real life friends

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I could play my games on my 50inch plasma with 1080p,
    With two 8800 I'm sure you spent enough to get HDTV output also. Right???

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol I've had a pc for years and decided to use Mac for my studio and Ps3 for gaming. The ps3 version is fine, not maxed out but well detailed and has a stable framerate.
    Plus on the PS3 you'll get games you would never get on PC like Japanese RPG and games like Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Burnout, Ratchet (when's the last time PC got a good platformer?). For pure power Pc is the king, but for gaming experience the current consoles surpasses it in choice and usability (dont have to waste time installing and tweaking, crashing windows, etc...). Big plus also is that consoles have better surround audio implementation and offer more splitscreen options.

There is something very nice about loading a new game on a console, on a couch in front of a HDTV, with controllers AND FRIENDS, and not worrying about the details settings or installation ****.

Who cares about a few graphical limitations anyway, beside geeks?

Agreed, I have a ps3 myself and do play console games, but fps' on consoles are retarded. Consoles are for racing games, 3rd person shooters and rpgs. UT3 should have been pc exclusive imo, would have had many more features/options/customization. I could play my games on my 50inch plasma with 1080p, but most games worth playing are just so much better on pc. And with the new generation of games coming out consoles won't even be able to run them, *cough* crysis *cough*.
    Unreal 3 on PS3 is a perfect example of how NOT RETARDED fps games on consoles are, its the same **** game! Who give a *** about Crysis. They just dared to do something nobody would be able to run. Its not because you can use 10000x10000 textures that you should.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    but crysis sux anyway... so that doesn't count

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Anisotonic View Post
    PS3 doesn't suck, however it is fact that UT3 would have been much better if made for PC only, like it should have been. I have a PS2 but never played any FPS game on it and I think anyone who does is completely clueless.

Also the arguments in the main post are BS, you can get a controller for PC, and hook up your PC to your TV as well, if it's not too retarded.
    Agreed, I have a ps3 myself and do play console games, but fps' on consoles are retarded. Consoles are for racing games, 3rd person shooters and rpgs. UT3 should have been pc exclusive imo, would have had many more features/options/customization. I could play my games on my 50inch plasma with 1080p, but most games worth playing are just so much better on pc. And with the new generation of games coming out consoles won't even be able to run them, *cough* crysis *cough*.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X