Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC owners

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Thus look at the empty servers...
    actually a lot of those so called empty servers have people on them. just another thing for epic to patch later on I guess

    Comment


      I will not read more than 14 pages of forum on this,
      despite i know the ps3 version is great i will always prefer the pc version because:

      -Its cheaper
      -It has the editor.
      -You can download content from the comunity.
      -It has more players in game 32 vs 24, and no, not whine about making a patch for making the game with more players on console. Epic has tried it for sure, if the limit is 24 is it ovbious the ps3 cannot handle more characters without being stuck, not because they dont want.
      -The game is faster.
      -The game is best played with a mouse.
      -The controls are better on pc keyboard, you can do the dodge properly, crouch and jump.
      -I am a pc gamer mainly for all those reasons.

      Comment


        Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        ultron you dont get it do it,
        Just because I don't agree someone, or have an opinion of my own, doesn't mean "I don't get it" -that's utterly retarded.

        Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        they are modifying it in patches adding some stuff here and there. thats fine, but guess what thats not what the community is asking for. We are asking epic to totally ditch this current menu system and give us something we actually like, want and need.
        That's fine. I support that. But I don't expect Epic to _totally_ ditch this current interface. I expect them to make it better. Such as giving more advanced options in the Advanced Options section, streamlining the process of moving around the current UI, and making the server browser more sophisticated.

        Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        we dont want epic to keep current ui, its simple. Change it to what we want. You may say that i dont speak for the whole community but i see a lot more posts on forums saying how they hate the ui then people saying they like it so i think the numbers at least have some merrit.
        I don't disagree. What I am saying is the UI will change for the better. It may not be UWindows (my choice) or what you want exactly, but I expect it to be better than it is, especially since Epic has _already_ said they are going to improve it.

        Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        epic started unreal and made it into a monster with the mentality of lets make a kool game with menu's that we like and are simple to use but very effective. This current menu system is totally dumbed down. it was obvious day one, everything has a back button and is controlled by up and down movement. Very consolish, we want a menu that a controller could not even operate.
        I agree. Which flies in the face of your "I don't get it" mentality.

        Originally posted by karmatized View Post
        Its obvious epic rushed this game to try to make the years end when in reality it should have been delayed.
        I disagree that it needed to wait. The game can be modified after release - like every other version of Unreal ever made. You're just going to have to come to terms with that. It's going to happen whether or not you think the changes go far enough.

        Were you even here with UT2k3 came out? It was hard comparing that to UT, which was still in it's heyday. We had _8000_ distinct third party maps at the time, between Nali City, Fileplanet, and other sites - more than any FPS ever made. I still have several thousand of them on my hard drive right now. There were _far_ more people playing UT when UT2k3 graced store shelves for the first time. In fact there were more people playing UT then than all Unreal series right now are being played. So let's face it - it's a different world now.

        But guess what? UT2k3 got the Epic treatment. They made up for the various mistakes that cropped up in that game, and it ended up becoming UT2k4, and even hardcore detractors like myself was able to come to terms with Unreal's ******* child, and accept it finally.

        Comment


          best of both worlds

          sometimes...when im all alone at night...I'll hook up my pc to my 55" sony 1080i hdtv and pwn from the comfy chair...
          so there

          Comment


            Originally posted by O-bla-di View Post
            sometimes...when im all alone at night...I'll hook up my pc to my 55" sony 1080i hdtv and pwn from the comfy chair...
            so there
            you've got a fifty-five inch tv and it only does 1080i?

            what a ripoff

            Comment


              Originally posted by dav3y.b View Post
              you've got a fifty-five inch tv and it only does 1080i?

              what a ripoff
              Its awsome.
              and I have no problem kicking butt from my big overstuffed recliner..lol

              sometimes when i lean all the way back my feet get in the way..

              I need "hidden feet" in the UI..Epic can you do this?
              Thanks ..you guys are amazing

              Comment


                Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                I disagree that it needed to wait. The game can be modified after release - like every other version of Unreal ever made. You're just going to have to come to terms with that. It's going to happen whether or not you think the changes go far enough.
                I agreed with you up till there. UT2003 was a mistake and not an acceptable one, UT2004 was a brilliant solution to the mistake, but it should never have occured in the first place. Looking at the name of the UT3 CD is just a joke...

                Games have moved on, it shouldn't match the number of game modes in UT99 or UT2003, it should beat them.

                You could argue that UT2004 was an increment of UT2003 so it was 2 games in one, but that was epic's mistake, and if they want to make a sequel, they have to at least get up to par with that of UT2004.
                It doesn't seem fair no, but most customers won't care if it's fair, they'll want a game as content filled as previous.

                And that's how business works...

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                  Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.

                  IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a great system.

                  Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.

                  You should see UT3 community as a whole, rather then telling all the PS3 owners to drink from a different water fountain...

                  I am console owner, always have been. I like playing with a controller rather than being hunched over with a KB/M. I also like playing on my 50"1080p HDTV from the comfort of my couch.

                  There are positves and negatives to owning either version.

                  Stop being so stuck up, thinking your better than PS3 owners because you PC cost you a small fortune.
                  We mean you no harm. We just love our PC UT like a dog loves a bone. If there was a viable mouse/keyboard for the PS3 i'd probably own one too. And please rest in the comfort of knowing that Jesus loves trashy hookers too.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                    I agreed with you up till there. UT2003 was a mistake and not an acceptable one, UT2004 was a brilliant solution to the mistake, but it should never have occured in the first place. Looking at the name of the UT3 CD is just a joke...
                    There's no way UT2k3 would have been as polished as UT2k4 when it came out. But the fact is it eventually got improved over time. Hell UT was rough when it first came out. Anyone remember UTSD3DSUCKS and other posters like that complaining to no end about UT from day 1? But the bottom line is that people look at UT as 4.36 + 4 bonus packs and tons of content afterwards, not as the game was when it came out. People don't remember UT2k3 so much, they look at UT2k4 with the 3369 patch and the Megapack.

                    Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                    Games have moved on, it shouldn't match the number of game modes in UT99 or UT2003, it should beat them.
                    It should compare to them, in the very least, and it has.

                    Originally posted by sltdestini View Post
                    You could argue that UT2004 was an increment of UT2003 so it was 2 games in one, but that was epic's mistake, and if they want to make a sequel, they have to at least get up to par with that of UT2004. It doesn't seem fair no, but most customers won't care if it's fair, they'll want a game as content filled as previous. And that's how business works...
                    No way is it fair to expect UT3 to be comparable to UT2k4 at release. But if there is a UT3.5 it would be fair to compare it to UT2k4.

                    Comment


                      Some people forget that UT3 was always going to have less "content" compared to UT2004 anyway. Not just because 2004 had x many years to have mods and maps made for it, but because alot of complaints were that although there were alot of maps in UT2004 there wasnt alot of Quality maps.

                      I remember reading that EPIC were going for more quality over quantity this time and were going to concentrate on making the maps fun first, i think they've done well. Yeah its dissapointing not having all the game modes but the more popular game types are included in UT3 and other will get added later if there's demand. I think having a limited selection of game types also helps lessen the fragmentation of the community into the different groups. people say servers are quiet now... imagine if we had all the other game types aswell, it would be even worse. Speaking of lack of players online, the figure 33 thousand sold says enough really. if theres only 1-2 thousand online then perhaps the other 31 thousand are just playing offline before going online, although obviously some will be trying other games aswell considering November was a good month for PC games. I know im waiting untill i can find some decent UK servers and a few patches first. Im trying to get use to the levels etc first.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                        Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.

                        IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a great system.

                        Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.

                        You should see UT3 community as a whole, rather then telling all the PS3 owners to drink from a different water fountain...

                        I am console owner, always have been. I like playing with a controller rather than being hunched over with a KB/M. I also like playing on my 50"1080p HDTV from the comfort of my couch.

                        There are positves and negatives to owning either version.

                        Stop being so stuck up, thinking your better than PS3 owners because you PC cost you a small fortune.
                        Well i find keyboard and mouse more comfy than a gamepad because you can set it up to all the keys you want and it just feels right.

                        When i first used a pc for gaming when i was like 11 or something i was amazed at how easy to use it was.

                        Console controllers are comfy but they have hardly any customisability and you only have a pre set ammount of buttons.

                        And this thing about your hd tv, i have a hd tv which i connect my pc and use a wireless keyboard and mouse on my couch.

                        Comment


                          I am a PC player.

                          And i dont get the Game pad complints here.

                          PS3 has mice keabord or Game pad just like PC.

                          Bring on the CROSS PLATFORM in full speed.

                          Let the batle begin.

                          LOL


                          ONT

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X