No announcement yet.

PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The PS3 is essentially a computer. I'll bet that someone with time on their hands could probably use it as their desktop if they mod it and knew what they were doing. The reason nobody has done that yet is because it's a waste of time.

Anyways, this thread has gone way off topic. The original poster just wanted the PC guys to lay off the PS3 guys. This is understandable. However, I must say that it's very strange that Epic hasn't just made separate forums for each.

Comment

Simple, you have your ps3...we have our PC..

Now stop saying which is better than the other. In reality the PC IS better than the PS3 and I'm talking overall...not just gamewise.

Seriously, you take too much to heart.

And as much as I am a hypocrite for that...I'm trying my best not to be in that area.

In the end....This thread is basically pointless.

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie1234 View Post
        The PS3 is essentially a computer. I'll bet that someone with time on their hands could probably use it as their desktop if they mod it and knew what they were doing. The reason nobody has done that yet is because it's a waste of time.
        I think the Linux community and Sony are far ahead of you: Linux for PlayStation 3.

Who knows? This might be a way to run the Linux UT3 PC version (when it comes out) on a PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
          We also have the right to come to this forum and talk about this game without having dozens of PC users tell us our console is ****.
          It's not just ****, it's a steaming piece of festering puke...

And yes it is slower. Mark Rein stated it was because it needed to be to work effectively with controllers
          Mark Rein also told PC owners we would get a PC version for the PC. Not a pathetic borked version that has to be slowed down to keep up with the mediocre limitations of a fairy box...

Don't like what we say? Don't read the posts. Sniff Sniff

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie1234 View Post
            The original poster just wanted the PC guys to lay off the PS3 guys.
            No... The OP is just an immature sissy who doesn't like getting picked on. I'll bet he gets pushed around alot in real life too. Poor little PS3 owner...

Comment

Im a PC gamer, always have been always will be for so many reasons which i wont go into here, but the OP has to bare in mind UT is a PC game (or it was till now) its where epic has made their name, on pc's, and since the whole GOW benanza, it feels like they are forgetting who actually made them where they are today! theres more money in consoles and it definately feels like epic jumped on that wagon and been sitting on that wagon for awhile now. Which for me, as a PC gamer, i love they are making serious money now and hate it at the same time.

I Love it because they are finnally getting the recognition they deserve for making excellent games and pore a lot of extremely hard work and effort into their products, but i hate this because it REALLY does feel they left the pc gamers out to dry completely forgetting who got them where their at right now.

Cross platform is fine, but dont forget your roots!

Comment

quelli che dicono che la ps3 è migliore sono solo una banda di rincoglioniti, nn sanno un cazzo di videogiochi e vogliono difendere il loro acquisto come degli emo.
                il pc è più veloce, più potente, la ps3 è una console eccellente, ma tra chi gioca su pc e chi su ps3 nn vi può essere paragone.
                i pro sul pc trebbiano i pagliacci della ps3 con 45 frag di scarto, e quelli della ps3 dicono di giocare per divertirsi.

tanto vale il solo mode, teste di cazzo.

Comment

guys also remember, if i recall cliffyb was involved in every unreal but this one, he supposedly left epic to work with microsoft on gears of war. He was the lead designer of the unreal series.

Comment

Originally posted by karmatized View Post
                    guys also remember, if i recall cliffyb was involved in every unreal but this one, he supposedly left epic to work with microsoft on gears of war. He was the lead designer of the unreal series.
                    He was in the credits.

Comment

Originally posted by supreal View Post
                      Yeah I am sure UT3 is great on the PS3 at 3/4 the speed of PC.
                      at least there are people playing online... haha PC jerks

Comment

PS3 doesn't suck, however it is fact that UT3 would have been much better if made for PC only, like it should have been. I have a PS2 but never played any FPS game on it and I think anyone who does is completely clueless.

Also the arguments in the main post are BS, you can get a controller for PC, and hook up your PC to your TV as well, if it's not too retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                          Yes but I bought all those items at different times. If I wanted a PC right now, to be able to run UT3 effieciently and not be outdated next month I would have to spend more than that.

And some of what you said doesnt look like english.
                          Actually, depending on what you have, you can get the basic components for not that much.

I would say if you find enough deals maybe 700, thats if you don't already have pc parts, 100 bucks more then a console and that isn't a crappy play it at low res computer, that is you can play it at a pretty good resolution and get good fps on good settings.

Comment

Originally posted by Anisotonic View Post
                            PS3 doesn't suck, however it is fact that UT3 would have been much better if made for PC only, like it should have been. I have a PS2 but never played any FPS game on it and I think anyone who does is completely clueless.

Also the arguments in the main post are BS, you can get a controller for PC, and hook up your PC to your TV as well, if it's not too retarded.
                            Agreed, I have a ps3 myself and do play console games, but fps' on consoles are retarded. Consoles are for racing games, 3rd person shooters and rpgs. UT3 should have been pc exclusive imo, would have had many more features/options/customization. I could play my games on my 50inch plasma with 1080p, but most games worth playing are just so much better on pc. And with the new generation of games coming out consoles won't even be able to run them, *cough* crysis *cough*.

Comment

but crysis sux anyway... so that doesn't count

Comment

lol I've had a pc for years and decided to use Mac for my studio and Ps3 for gaming. The ps3 version is fine, not maxed out but well detailed and has a stable framerate.
                                Plus on the PS3 you'll get games you would never get on PC like Japanese RPG and games like Metal Gear Solid, Uncharted, Burnout, Ratchet (when's the last time PC got a good platformer?). For pure power Pc is the king, but for gaming experience the current consoles surpasses it in choice and usability (dont have to waste time installing and tweaking, crashing windows, etc...). Big plus also is that consoles have better surround audio implementation and offer more splitscreen options.

There is something very nice about loading a new game on a console, on a couch in front of a HDTV, with controllers AND FRIENDS, and not worrying about the details settings or installation ****.

Who cares about a few graphical limitations anyway, beside geeks?

Originally posted by Eurynomos View Post
                                Agreed, I have a ps3 myself and do play console games, but fps' on consoles are retarded. Consoles are for racing games, 3rd person shooters and rpgs. UT3 should have been pc exclusive imo, would have had many more features/options/customization. I could play my games on my 50inch plasma with 1080p, but most games worth playing are just so much better on pc. And with the new generation of games coming out consoles won't even be able to run them, *cough* crysis *cough*.
                                Unreal 3 on PS3 is a perfect example of how NOT RETARDED fps games on consoles are, its the same **** game! Who give a *** about Crysis. They just dared to do something nobody would be able to run. Its not because you can use 10000x10000 textures that you should.

Comment

Working...
                                X