PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dynafrom View Post
    logon, take a look at how many populated server there are.

PSN = FIREKNIGHT2029
    Hmm I didn't realize people could open christmas gifts early, or goto school, or work?

Comment

Graphics are the cream on top of the cake. Gameplay matters to me more then graphics, and unfortunately for consoles, they suffer from both. (20% slower gameplay, odd lag of VCTF servers)
      Faster doesn't mean it's better, the core gameplay mechanics are still there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Songwriter View Post
        Well I think (hope) that is down to the number of PC owners that are buying their games online. In any case I don't think the videocard manufacturers will allow PC gaming to die because then noone will want to buy their products any more.
        I agree every game i bought this year inc ut3 has been online.
        Why goto a computer shop and the assistant(some not all)havent got a clue about pc games,yet they can tell you everything about consoles.

It`s ppl like them that turns me away from buying from them,if they cannot give me the info i need,then i have to look online for the info and while i`m at it order the game.

Comment

PS3 is a great blueray player. I didn't use mine for much else.

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
            Hmm I didn't realize people could open christmas gifts early, or goto school, or work?
            Hmm, take a look at rankings, top out at around 15k.

Comment

Faster doesn't mean it's better, the core gameplay mechanics are still there.
              Core gameplay mechanics? So aim assist was a core gameplay mechanic? Face it, the console version doesn't have the same feel.

Comment

So post the proof, i'm sorry I can't believe you just like that.

"The other part" is speculation, it's based on your definition of good.
                http://www.thesimexchange.com/stock.php?id=92

No the other part is not speculation, the other part comes from the fact that it is harder to join a server than when UT2004 or even UT 2003 were released while there are way fewer modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                  Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.

IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a great system.

Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.

You should see UT3 community as a whole, rather then telling all the PS3 owners to drink from a different water fountain...

I am console owner, always have been. I like playing with a controller rather than being hunched over with a KB/M. I also like playing on my 50"1080p HDTV from the comfort of my couch.

There are positves and negatives to owning either version.

Stop being so stuck up, thinking your better than PS3 owners because you PC cost you a small fortune.

Im a PC gamer and I welcome our PS3 cousin unreal owners with open arms.

Enjoy the game guys, hopefully one day if epic works out the kinks there will be dedicated servers available that allow cross platform online play together.

Comment

Hmm, take a look at rankings, top out at around 15k.
                    If we assume that's Morris wasn't lieing when he said that ~50% of UT2k4 owners didn't even take the game online, that UT3 still isn't globally available, and that not all console owners take their consoles online (although i bet most UT3 owners do), and that a large amount of player's may not be online until after christmas, we can speculate and assume that's a valid figure but not a true representation of ut's sales.

Sorry for the large blob, i'm not denying that UT3 PS3 sales were bad, i'm saying that until there's proof, we're just speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post

No the other part is not speculation, the other part comes from the fact that it is harder to join a server than when UT2004 or even UT 2003 were released while there are way fewer modes.
                      That's the PC version, i'm talking about the PS3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                        Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.
                        Actually, almost every thread i see is people trying to get their game to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Roulette View Post
                          Oh boy is it console versus PC time again?!??! YAY!

Here's the facts. The PS3 is a decent console. With mouse+keyboard support it offers a mediocre platform for an fps game. With the controller it offers a pretty bad one IMO. But there are a lot of PS3 people out there and this is a big title for the console, which means there is a big market. Likely you'll have a lot of people playing which is good for you.

There is your ps3 respect. Now, wanna know why those very same ps3 players catch hell from PC players? because epic wasted it's development time on building cross-platform support. Because epic designed an interface that was wretched because it was trying to make it work for multi-platform. Because epic threw out tons of features that were common place in previous iterations of the game. Demorec is broken. We can't copy and paste IPs. Video menu option might as well be non-existent. The list goes on and on. I can't even begin to describe the amount of animosity that those broken features have caused. I've watched so many people throw down the game and turn back to TF2 that I can't even count them all. Now I stare at empty servers. The game play is great, but those little annoyances have turned off many of the UT and 2k* players.

So yes. We're bitter. It's not your fault. You didn't make epic do it. But you're going to receive some of our rage. Epic severely damaged a franchise in order to kowtow to you and your fellow consolers.

Sorry if that offends you.
                          Well said Roulette. It's the small things that get me. Developed for computer and ported to PS3, revamping menus and gameplay variables, to better suit the PS3 while leaving the PC's UT style intact would have been a better decision on the part of Epic. Hopefully they learn from this Unreal and the reactions of all the Unreal fans and return the PC versions niceties next time.

I play games on consoles all the time. Personally I leave FPS to my computer and play other things on consoles but I'm sure the PS3 version is fine and have no problem with the PS3 fanbase playing UT3 on their console. Everyone should get the chance to enjoy the amazingness of UT. Good marketing desicion for Epic and fun for console people. My only problem is with the methods of multi-platform developement that Epic used.

Long Live UT!

Comment

Core gameplay mechanics? So aim assist was a core gameplay mechanic? Face it, the console version doesn't have the same feel.
                            Do you even know what a core gameplay mechanic is?

There's nothing to face, it's not a PC game and it doesn't play like one...

Comment

If we assume that's Morris wasn't lieing when he said that ~50% of UT2k4 owners didn't even take the game online, that UT3 still isn't globally available, and that not all console owners take their consoles online (although i bet most UT3 owners do), and that a large amount of player's may not be online until after christmas, we can speculate and assume that's a valid figure but not a true representation of ut's sales.

Sorry for the large blob, i'm not denying that UT3 PS3 sales were bad, i'm saying that until there's proof, we're just speculating.
                              As of now, anything is speculation based on the timeframe since it was released. The PC version on the otherhand...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post

After further looking into your link, i think the sim exchange is an online game and not a real sale tracking site....

http://ahkiat.blogspot.com/2007/07/sim-exchange.html

Comment

Working...
                                X