PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
    You are misunderstanding me ... I play on consoles and PC. What I was trying to say is that I hate this 1337 mentality that some people, LIKE THE QUOTED PERSON, have. And my point is that NOBODY cares if you have a watercooled PC, go say that your PC is watercooled to someone in the street ...

PC gaming is dead, what good games we had this year that can compare to past years ?
    Great games this year? Supreme Commander, Galactic Civilization, STALKER, Crysis, UT3, World in Conflict, The Witcher, NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4. These are the ones I have bought this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynafrom View Post
      What kid? I'm really hunched over looking at my screen

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8...ture001qx0.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6...ture002zl2.jpg

42" 1080p TV+ 5.1 + PC + Bluray/HDDVD $200 LG drive = GG.

How's it like to play games on your console in 1280x720, or even 600p when I'm playing games at native 1920x1080.
      Well honestly I do not advise you to work 12 hours a day on a screen like this because the refresh rate, stability and pitch won't probably be enough to keep your health in a good rate.

Nice stuff anyway, happy gaming on your system : )

Comment

Like UT3 sales ? or the number of games recently released on PC which are decent ? Or the PC section of a game shop compared to 3 years ago ?

UT3 sales? It's been abysmal on the PS3 as well, or are you going to ignore that? I'm new to the UT series but it's been not accepted by the community due to "consolitis". To most PC gamers, it was a slap by epic. Otherwise, game sales are doing fantastic if not, there wouldn't be money for expansions. If anything, console game sales are disappointing. They sell for 2 weeks, and fizzle out, while PC games are slow burners, but sell for years after.

Comment

Great games this year? Supreme Commander, Galactic Civilization, STALKER, Crysis, UT3, World in Conflict, The Witcher, NWN2 Mask of Betrayer, The Orange Box, Call of Duty 4. These are the ones I have bought this year.
          The only ones that were really great IMHO were the Orange Box, GC2 (which is not from this year) and UT3 is nice though few people play it atm.

CoD4 feels like a console port, NWN2 was glitched to death, WiC is probably fine on clans but is a mess in pubs. My biggest disappointment came with Stalker and Bioshock ...

Comment

Well honestly I do not advise you to work 12 hours a day on a screen like this because the refresh rate, stability and pitch won't probably be enough to keep your health in a good rate.

Nice stuff anyway, happy gaming on your system : )
            The refresh rate is fine @ 60Hz, which should be the norm for TV's and LCD monitors. Everything, including picture quality is fantastic, there is no issue using a TV for a PC monitor.

Comment

Or the PC section of a game shop compared to 3 years ago ?
              Well I think (hope) that is down to the number of PC owners that are buying their games online. In any case I don't think the videocard manufacturers will allow PC gaming to die because then noone will want to buy their products any more.

Comment

pc gaming will never die...

Comment

UT3 sales? It's been abysmal on the PS3 as well, or are you going to ignore that? I'm new to the UT series but it's been not accepted by the community due to "consolitis". To most PC gamers, it was a slap by epic. Otherwise, game sales are doing fantastic if not, there wouldn't be money for expansions. If anything, console game sales are disappointing. They sell for 2 weeks, and fizzle out, while PC games are slow burners, but sell for years after.
                  Proof? The game's only been out since tuesday....

Comment

What kid? I'm really hunched over looking at my screen

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8...ture001qx0.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6...ture002zl2.jpg

42" 1080p TV+ 5.1 + PC + Bluray/HDDVD $200 LG drive = GG.

How's it like to play games on your console in 1280x720, or even 600p when I'm playing games at native 1920x1080.
                    Is that all you can tout? Since when did graphics ever matter?

Comment

Originally posted by KanoBlade View Post
                      It sold at half its target and it's quite difficult to join good servers ...

Comment

It sold at half its target and it's quite difficult to join good servers ...
                        That's not proof, that's speculation...

Comment

That's not proof, that's speculation...
                          It is not, there was a statement where it sold at around +30/35k versus 70k expected and I remember how was UT2004 when it was out.

The other part is not speculation too, it is me clicking on refresh servers to find few good servers I can join with decent ping ... most of them are empty

Comment

logon, take a look at how many populated server there are.

PSN = FIREKNIGHT2029

Comment

It is not, there was a statement where it sold at around +30/35k versus 70k expected and I remember how was UT2004 when it was out.

The other part is not speculation too, it is me clicking on refresh servers to find few good servers I can join with decent ping ... most of them are empty
                              So post the proof, i'm sorry I can't believe you just like that.

"The other part" is speculation, it's based on your definition of good.

Comment

Is that all you can tout? Since when did graphics ever matter?

Graphics are the cream on top of the cake. Gameplay matters to me more then graphics, and unfortunately for consoles, they suffer from both. (20% slower gameplay, odd lag of VCTF servers)

Comment

Working...
                                X