PC owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScuzzBuster View Post
    I disagree with this entirely. I feel that the vast majority of good titles hit consoles first or exclusively now. You just have such a massive amount of titles hitting console's they aren't always the easiest to find.
    Hey, just based of of my personal experience's. I don't have any current generation consoles. When I boot up a console it is either for NFL Fever 2002, or Paper Mario on N64. I have not played KOTOR 1 since the 15th time I went through it.

Comment

Originally posted by tehlostone View Post
      I have my computer connected to my big screen, what is your point? I can play games, movies, i can work in CAD and many other things on my TV. I have my sound connected to my surround system so I can listen to the movies in all there glory (i game w/ a headset).
      I do the same because I need a comp for my work anyway, but most of the people do not want to spend that much money for that.

Sorry to open your eyes, but unless you spend twice more on equipment like I did, you will get sub quality, a Sound Blaster is hardly the equivalent of an equalizer and you will need to buy a decent soundsystem.

So can you quit not trying to understand what I meant ? Since I was replying to the guy who said that he cannot understand people buying consoles instead of PCs ? Or are you as stubborn as him ?

Great, you can work in CAD, guess what ? I don't care ...

Originally posted by airborne5par7an View Post
      Exactly! Which is why console gamers are so clueless. Half of them probably don't even know that you can hook up a PC to a TV. I think I should just gear my quote towards console gamers.

A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need it.

Man these forums are going to be plaqued by kids now Should make the PC and PS3 forum seperate.
      You guys make me laugh, you can plug a PC to a TV of course, but resolution is awful for anything else than gaming, so you will need a monitor also.

You have a big box making noise and hot where a monitor is plugged with the TV, well maybe you do not care, but some people care. Most of NORMAL people out there care actually, a PC is very expensive is alot of hassle. You can almost do anything on it but it is often way more complicated, costs more and often deliver sub and underpar results compared to the same price equivalent.

So quit that elitist tone, if PC platform is actually failing for gaming there is a reason. Not everybody is willing to spend the price of a console every two years just on a piece of silicon called a graphic card ... In fact outside of geeks NOBODY will do this.

Comment

This is why PC's are great:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=rH_VFc-WCKg

This is why consoles are great:
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k

end of discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by airborne5par7an View Post
          Than any of those games you mentioned. Multiplat games will always look better than console games. Yes I am a graphics *****. I don't care. I like shiny!!!
          The world has changed by friend. Sit down in front of GEARS on an 36 inch HD set and tell me it looks better on PC. It doesn't. It's also one of the only shooters I can honestly say doesn't necessarily play better on PC (in fact the PC release was a cluster).

Does this always hold true? No, Bioshock was a game that looks/plays better on PC. But Shooters are generally the exception to better games being on consoles anyway.

The fact is, the current gen consoles -- 360/PS3 with HD support look better than the VAST majority of the PC games. Yes, your shooters play better on PC.

I've seen many people (like myself) that made a $400.00 investment in an XBOX 360 to play one game -- Gears of War. I haven't regretted one penny. Console titles (not Wii really) Look great and most of the best minds in game development are developing for consoles.

The PC versus console argument graphics and gameplay wise all changed in the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
            You guys make me laugh, you can plug a PC to a TV of course, but resolution is awful for anything else than gaming, so you will need a monitor also.

You have a big box making noise and hot where a monitor is plugged with the TV, well maybe you do not care, but some people care. Most of NORMAL people out there care actually, a PC is very expensive is alot of hassle. You can almost do anything on it but it is often way more complicated, costs more and often deliver sub and underpar results compared to the same price equivalent.

So quit that elitist tone, if PC platform is actually failing for gaming there is a reason. Not everybody is willing to spend the price of a console every two years just on a piece of silicon called a graphic card ... In fact outside of geeks NOBODY will do this.
            "resolution is awful for anything else than gaming"

Huh? Most retarded statement ever, almost sig worthy.

My PC is fairly silent actually....

"sub and underpar"
            Please stop proving his point....

PC gaming is failing because gamers want quick and easy. PC takes work and a brain, windows does not help in that regard.

PS
            PC and COnsoles are becoming more and more the same. More people have Computers in there living room every day recording TV shows and controling everything. Consoles are getting more expensive and doing more things.

The gap is narrowing.

Comment

You don't see many games being developed that maximize the potential of the latest PC hardware because the market doesn't justify the development costs.

If you want to talk about facts; PC's can usually run the same games on higher resolutions at a higher framerate. For a lot of people that qualifies as looking better.

Comment

Console + HDTV + 5.1 speakers lasts for more than two years. And sorry to burst your bubble but more people out there understand why I will put more money in a nice TV and sound system than just a console or PC ...

And I ll laugh at your tiny screen when you will watch DVDs, nerds are funny too ...

Since we're throwing them on the table and measuring length, as it were, let me just say this:

Speaking as the owner of a high-def, 42" plasma (bought in 2001 for $6000), a high-end 6.1 sound system, a PS3, XBox 360, and Wii, as well as a homebuilt, watercooled gaming PC with dual GPUs...

I mock and pity you console gamers. Particularly those of you, like the quoted poster, who thinks it's an either-or proposition.

And gaming on the PC is far superior to console gaming, particularly when it comes to FPSes.

Comment

Originally posted by tehlostone View Post
                  "resolution is awful for anything else than gaming"

Huh? Most retarded statement ever, almost sig worthy.

My PC is fairly silent actually....

"sub and underpar"
                  Please stop proving his point....

PC gaming is failing because gamers want quick and easy. PC takes work and a brain, windows does not help in that regard.

PS
                  PC and COnsoles are becoming more and more the same. More people have Computers in there living room every day recording TV shows and controling everything. Consoles are getting more expensive and doing more things.

The gap is narrowing.
                  If you don't know why monitors cost alot more than TVs and why at the Office you are not working on a TV stop wasting my time and yours. If you want to wear bigger glasses than the one you are currently wearing, continue to work on your TV.

PC gaming is failling because sales are disappointing. PC takes not work and a brain, PC takes time for nothing, you think that you are smart setting up a PC, guess what ? you are not. Smart people are not configuring PCs in this work. If you are that smart stop wasting your time, trying to prove that point and make money, invent or do something creative, that's what most of real smart people do, not grouping together telling other people how smart they are.

You are the caricature of this old-school 1337 mentality on PC.

PC sales decreased in Japan, smart phones and integration of tools such as email into other gadgets made the PCs redudant for most of the people there. Japan has been the country launching the trends in hi-tech for the past years.

Comment

Originally posted by Sev1512 View Post
                    Stop treating the PS3 like some type of trashy hooker.

IF that was the case you would all be catching something seeing that your beloved Unreal has had the pleasure of being played in a great system.

Almost every thread I see has people bashing the PS3, and saying PC is superior.

You should see UT3 community as a whole, rather then telling all the PS3 owners to drink from a different water fountain...

I am console owner, always have been. I like playing with a controller rather than being hunched over with a KB/M. I also like playing on my 50"1080p HDTV from the comfort of my couch.

There are positves and negatives to owning either version.

Stop being so stuck up, thinking your better than PS3 owners because you PC cost you a small fortune.
                    i like the ps3 but the pc version is still better

Comment

Originally posted by sifr View Post
                      Since we're throwing them on the table and measuring length, as it were, let me just say this:

Speaking as the owner of a high-def, 42" plasma (bought in 2001 for $6000), a high-end 6.1 sound system, a PS3, XBox 360, and Wii, as well as a homebuilt, watercooled gaming PC with dual GPUs...

I mock and pity you console gamers. Particularly those of you, like the quoted poster, who thinks it's an either-or proposition.

And gaming on the PC is far superior to console gaming, particularly when it comes to FPSes.
                      You are misunderstanding me ... I play on consoles and PC. What I was trying to say is that I hate this 1337 mentality that some people, LIKE THE QUOTED PERSON, have. And my point is that NOBODY cares if you have a watercooled PC, go say that your PC is watercooled to someone in the street ...

PC gaming is dead, what good games we had this year that can compare to past years ?

Comment

Console + HDTV + 5.1 speakers lasts for more than two years. And sorry to burst your bubble but more people out there understand why I will put more money in a nice TV and sound system than just a console or PC ...

And I ll laugh at your tiny screen when you will watch DVDs, nerds are funny too ...
                        What kid? I'm really hunched over looking at my screen

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/8...ture001qx0.jpg

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/6...ture002zl2.jpg

42" 1080p TV+ 5.1 + PC + Bluray/HDDVD $200 LG drive = GG.

How's it like to play games on your console in 1280x720, or even 600p when I'm playing games at native 1920x1080.

Comment

You are misunderstanding me ... I play on consoles and PC. What I was trying to say is that I hate this 1337 mentality that some people, LIKE THE QUOTED PERSON, have. And my point is that NOBODY cares if you have a watercooled PC, go say that your PC is watercooled to someone in the street ...

PC gaming is dead, what good games we had this year that can compare to past years ?

yeah. PC gaming is dead. That's why 9 million people play WoW on a console.

...oh, wait.

Comment

If you don't know why monitors cost alot more than TVs and why at the Office you are not working on a TV stop wasting my time and yours. If you want to wear bigger glasses than the one you are currently wearing, continue to work on your TV.

PC gaming is failling because sales are disappointing. PC takes not work and a brain, PC takes time for nothing, you think that you are smart setting up a PC, guess what ? you are not. Smart people are not configuring PCs in this work. If you are that smart stop wasting your time, trying to prove that point and make money, invent or do something creative, that's what most of real smart people do, not grouping together telling other people how smart they are.

You are the caricature of this old-school 1337 mentality on PC.

PC sales decreased in Japan, smart phones and integration of tools such as email into other gadgets made the PCs redudant for most of the people there. Japan has been the country launching the trends in hi-tech for the past years.
                            What proof of sales do you have to base that judgment off? Sounds like you're just running your mouth like a baby. If the PC gaming platform was not viable financially, then it would've died a long time ago. But there is a huge niche market for PC games, one that you can't comprehend due to the stupidity laced in your post.

Comment

Originally posted by sifr View Post
                              yeah. PC gaming is dead. That's why 9 million people play WoW on a console.

...oh, wait.
                              Can you cite more non MMORPG example ?
                              I don't have enough time to play MMORPGs

Comment

Originally posted by Dynafrom View Post
                                What proof of sales do you have to base that judgment off? Sounds like you're just running your mouth like a baby. If the PC gaming platform was not viable financially, then it would've died a long time ago. But there is a huge niche market for PC games, one that you can't comprehend due to the stupidity laced in your post.
                                Like UT3 sales ? or the number of games recently released on PC which are decent ? Or the PC section of a game shop compared to 3 years ago ?

Comment

Working...
                                X