Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All I want to do is play this game with a joystick!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I want to do is play this game with a joystick!

Can anyone tell me how to set up a Microsoft Sidewinder 2 joystick that I use with my mousepad keyboard? PLEASE!!!! I have tried numerous changes to the code and still no success.

Guess I'm send this pos game back, too bad for epic.

Comment

Did you try searching the UT3 forums for "joystick?" I know I've seen someone discussing how to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by DanUall View Post
        Uh, can we get anymore immature and narrow-minded?

Why on earth would you want to use such a convoluted control scheme in the firstplace?

If thats enough to stop you from playing this kickass game then, well, watch out for the door.

Comment

www.xpadder.com this program works well with all controllers.

Comment

blast, beat me to the xpadder. but dude this game is just as good with kb/m (and ill probly get flamed for not saying the kb/m is far superior)

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post

Why on earth would you want to use such a convoluted control scheme in the firstplace?

If thats enough to stop you from playing this kickass game then, well, watch out for the door.
              talk about narrow minded and immature, you don't like it so it shouldn't be an option?

Comment

Originally posted by sincreator View Post
                www.xpadder.com this program works well with all controllers.
                Xpadder is good... But when games like UT3 have native joystick and controller pad support built-in you should use that instead (no third-party program running between the game and input).

Comment

Why the heck would you use a joystick? That just seems... odd.

Comment

What makes me laugh is,if it don`t go there way i`m taken it back

There`s many progs out if you look for them.
                    Joytokey is one for starters.

Comment

I suggest using a steering wheel and pedals.

Comment

Originally posted by Matfei View Post

Some of us are stuck with convoluted - try playing with one hand and your elbow and you'll be close to what I have to play with.
                        The game, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DanUall View Post

Dude, I can relate. Epic did not make it easy by hiding the gamepad controls and eliminating the joystick configuration in the INPUTS settings.

Just search for my thread titled "Joystick" and it should get you there. I got a great link from Logy that solved my whoes without a third party program.

Using a Saitek Cyborg EVO, BTW.

And for those of you that want to trash the joystick option and haven't read any of my posts on the topic please open your minds a little. Not all of us are playing the game with two hands, any hands, or what not. Count your blessings that you got 2 to work with while some of us make do with less.

Comment

Originally posted by BS9 View Post
                            Some of us are stuck with convoluted - try playing with one hand and your elbow and you'll be close to what I have to play with.
                            The game, that is.
                            Stuck with it?

When the best control scheme is what you use to operate a computer at it's basic level?!

Comment

This is going to be the same guy coming back in a few days...

"Why am I constantly getting owned?"

Comment

Working...
                              X