One Month Already what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One Month Already what do you think

It almost has been a month since the game came out and there is still controversy over the aspects of the game. What is your overall opinion on the game and please keep it basic nothing to harsh it can be good or bad and what we need to get the game kicking a$$ again.

More players would be nice... Oh, and some form of... safety measure... for that thing we can't talk about.

Comment

According to the player stats there are plenty of players. Maybe it depends on the server filter you use or most are still running through the single player campaign to get familiar with the maps before multiplayer action.

For the most part I feel UT3 is great. A lot of issues were addressed in the recent v1.1 patch. But there will always be some who want UT3 to be exactly like UT99 or UT2004, or maybe even like the original Quake

It's time to move on in some respects.

Comment

I loved 2k4 i wished it had all the gameplay types in it but its a new era in gaming and im not complaining. Lets just see what this game comes out to be. Please keep voting and posting I would like to get this a popular thread.

Comment

Nothing is perfect but as long as there are going to be future patches, aside from several quirks.. this new game is good.

Comment

I await UT 3.5.

This is indeed, ut2003 all over again.

Fcku the consoles epic! Just develop for pc. If you want a console game do another Unreal championship.

UT3.5 will parrallel ut2004. (Funny if it actually IS called UT3.5, if it is it would be a very accurate title for the game it is)

Comment

the only problem that i have right now is that sometimes the map wont load. The little "U" icon just goes back and forth until i Ctrl Alt Del, then Esc, THEN it loads. Other than that i dont have a problem like crashes and stuff. Guess my comp is better maintained than some? *shrug. Does 62fps and doesnt even lag [besides network lag]
              Im not blaming the developers for the problems, maybe its the users >_> read my sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikaros View Post
                According to the player stats there are plenty of players...........
                .... All 600 of them?

Ref: www.game-monitor.com

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronKnuckle View Post
                  I await UT 3.5.

This is indeed, ut2003 all over again.

Fcku the consoles epic! Just develop for pc. If you want a console game do another Unreal championship.

UT3.5 will parrallel ut2004. (Funny if it actually IS called UT3.5, if it is it would be a very accurate title for the game it is)
                  At least in UT2003 it wasn't that hard to to change your crosshair and you had a lot more tweaks. Even the inis in UT3 are lacking a lot of stuff like disablefootsteps, forcedefaultskins, ... Not only is UT3 a step backwards. But the sheer fact that i've played 5 out of my 6 clanwars in UT3 with 5vs4 because you cannot even PAUSE a server even after the first patch does make this game a failure tbh. We also need some linux servers would could actually fix the low activity level of this game...

So yea, i voted the last one and already know a few people that have played in my UT clans for 5 years and now went to CoD4 because of UT3 :/

Comment

All i need is that MIDWAY takes a hike to the rockies instead of delivering UT. EPIC has done a great job putting togehter a wonderfull game with marvelous graphics.

but;

They should give more news about problem progress.
                    They should admit they were only looking at the consoles

Comment

This is very much like UT2k3 in some ways. Similar numbers of maps, factions, gametypes and mutators, and various problems at release, but while it has better gameplay polish than UT2k3 did on release, it has a worse UI/server browser. It's a tradeoff. But keep this in mind. UT2k3 didn't go through any needed gameplay changes until a year and a half later, when UT2k4 was released. But guess what, Epic has already said they are going to change the UI for UT3. And they've already made progress with the first patch, only one month later.

And ironically look at how many UT2k4 players tend to forget the vary basis that game got highly polished to, came from UT2k3. All I have to say is, give UT3 the same chance you were willing to give "UT2" - it also had a rough start, but went through a ton of fixes and additional content.

Also UT2k3 was designed originally as "Unreal Tournament 2" for the X-Box console, and Epic took over for it and made "Unreal Tournament 2003" for PC while renaming it to "Unreal Championship" for consoles. It's why those two games were very similar.

You'll find that Epic has been focused on console gaming _in parellel_ with PC gaming since about 2001. So complaints that "Epic only designed UT3 for consoles" is, well, ignorant. There's no way to sugar-coat that.

Comment

but they definately give too much effort to consoles anyway. UT1 was 1337 cause it was designed for comp only. Currently, ut1 is my fav ut. We probs need to wait for another 4 years before they finnally develop another computer only UT.

Uc for the consoles

UT for the computers

Thats how it should be

Comment

Originally posted by TheIronKnuckle View Post
                          That's not where the money is, unfortunately. Have you seen the sales for the PC version?

Comment

Whoa! Hey Noah!

It would be foolish for Epic to ignore the console platform. Furthermore, only the UI is really consolized, now. That's being addressed, regardless. And we've already seen some changes so far in this first patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah Crane View Post
                              That's not where the money is, unfortunately. Have you seen the sales for the PC version?
                              Sales for the PC version are in the toilet because Epic ignored thousands of posts providing feedback on the beta demo. Simple really.

All you need to do is compare UT3 to the likes of TF2 or COD4 to know that PC games sell well if they are done right.

Comment

Working...
                              X