in defence of ut3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in defence of ut3

you know when ut,and ut 2004 were released back in the day they were not perfect anymore than ut3 is now.it took a year or so of tweaking on it to work out the bugs and gameplay to get them where they are today.

and given a little time im sure ut3 will be much better then it is now.personaly i love the game the way it is.but of course more features and maps is always a big +.

im not saying people should not post there thoughts about the game.how else would epic and the unreal community know what we want?
    but please people dont be so harsh.stuff like "im never playing ut again" and "this game is ****","epic sucks",ect,ect isent helping anything. you dont need to act like the guys from epic walked up and personaly kicked you in the nuts.

Did we really, really need an "in defense" thread so early in the games life?

I'm not saying this thread isn't necessary, but, it's sort of silly to bring this forward, the way you did.

Some people won't like the game, some will, that's what it's all about. You can't please everyone.

Comment

I would be honored to be kicked in the nuts by someone from epic.

But seriously, yes I agree with what you say and I am also very very happy with UT, just like I was happy with all previous ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Baran Romis View Post

I'm not saying this thread isn't necessary, but, it's sort of silly to bring this forward, the way you did.

Some people won't like the game, some will, that's what it's all about. You can't please everyone.
        Yes, we do need posts like this because on every other game site that has forums, people are *****ing to high hell about every thing from splitscreen to graphics. So...I agree. Good post.

Comment

Originally posted by Baran Romis View Post

Yes, we do need one. I'm going to guess you're new around here and haven't seen the dozens of angry threads started, that were eventually closed or deleted due to flames or repetition.

Comment

even not so angry threads get closed, lol

Comment

big difference is that UT2004 didnt have an avarage of "only" 700 ppl playing it like UT3 does at the start...........

Comment

true but ut and ut 2004 didnt have alot of online competiton back then.it was pretty much quake3, and half-life tfc. now theres call of duty,wow,bf2,and the list go's on
                not to mention the fact that alot of people dont play this game online i like getting good and comfortable with the game before i go online with it.

Comment

The demo released caused more that a bit of stir on where Epic was taking the Unreal franchise. The Console (haze/bloom) look wasn't taken lightly by many PC players. I know I was really put off by it. I personally like UT3 but the damage is done. (I'm personally liking UT3)
                  • What people saw in game was way different than what people have been seeing for years of promo.
                  • Seemingly high hardware requirements for what some felt was not a major upgrade in game (bad optimization?).
                  • Any of Mark Reins opinions that Intel is hurting PC gaming with onboard graphics - in his view 55% of the market. Supporting Epics transition to consoles.

Some would say the writings on the wall and its not in favor of the PC.
                  There's a bit of an irony in that I know people who play on both the PC and Console were not impressed by the demo and they've moved on. So this is not solely a PC players issue.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill63 View Post
                    you know when ut,and ut 2004 were released back in the day they were not perfect anymore than ut3 is now.it took a year or so of tweaking on it to work out the bugs and gameplay to get them where they are today.

and given a little time im sure ut3 will be much better then it is now.personaly i love the game the way it is.but of course more features and maps is always a big +.

im not saying people should not post there thoughts about the game.how else would epic and the unreal community know what we want?
                    but please people dont be so harsh.stuff like "im never playing ut again" and "this game is ****","epic sucks",ect,ect isent helping anything. you dont need to act like the guys from epic walked up and personaly kicked you in the nuts.
                    I remember the day i bought Ut2004 i was satisfied that the game was a successor to all the Ut games before it. I played it for hours without the patches or new maps and i was happy with the game.

It just felt right.

With Ut3 i get none of this.

The only thing i am satisfied with is the bonus unreal editor tutorial disk that came with the game. It saddens me that Unreal Tournament has taken a step back and i hope epic improves this game as much as every else does.

If we go off what epic has previously done with their games we are assured that they will fix the problems with the game.

And if this game doesn't get fixed it needs from epic then that's just another game gathering dust on my shelf and i will always look back at Unreal Tournament and think 'it was good while it lasted, good things always come to and end'.

Comment

People are tired of waiting ,get that **** linux server out NOW! The ut3 ictf pickup server plays like one map per day,very few clans have a clanserver since the serverhosting is dominated by linux/unix.We cant start playing praccs because there's no oppos,we dont have a homeserver and so on.There's so few publics out that you have the option of high ping and lag or higher ping plus more lag.The above is fine when playing nw but a disaster when playing instagib.I want this game to be good,i want to like it but its not possible to enjoy it atm.Im extremly tired of having to lead all shots excessivly much,tired of the audio not placing characters correctly and by that getting killed by someone my ears told me were somehwere else.Its not the people here that critisize the game that makes it less spread/played,the demo showed us a completly different game than we expected with its console interface.I hope they can turn it around,make the game what it should have been in the first place but my hopes are not very high.A first step would be a linux server so more servers/better choice would be available.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill63 View Post
                        Yes, it took a while for them to fix in-game issues. My issues with this game deal completely with the menu system and the lack of options overall. They did not need to patch in additional customization options in 2K4 like they have to do now. Heck, the game didn't even ship with a server favorites!

I am glad they are adding this stuff back through patches, and I am really glad this happened with Epic instead of one of the many other companies that would have shrugged their shoulders at this problem and done nothing about it. However, the fact remains that almost none of the customization via menus that were in 2k4 made it over to ut3.

Comment

Originally posted by Therealjoe View Post
                          I remember the day i bought Ut2004 i was satisfied that the game was a successor to all the Ut games before it. I played it for hours without the patches or new maps and i was happy with the game.

It just felt right.

With Ut3 i get none of this.
                          Remember that UT2004 was UT2003 "fixed". The problem that UT3 faces is that now there is no separate console version. Unreal Championship was the UT2004 answer for console gamers.
                          I absolutely agree with you though. UT3 is a step forwards in graphics but a huge step backwards in content. How long has Epic been showing off the Unreal 3 engine and we only get a handful of maps for a couple measly modes?
                          UT3 + GOW might actually = a full game.
                          What bothers me the most is that, according to wikipedia, Epic has already started building the Unreal 4 engine. If they put the as much time into the UT games as they do engine building, there wouldn't be any issues.
                          I will say though that historically, Epic has been the best when it comes to listening to its customers and the fans of UT and has delivered the goods in the past. Thats why I have such an ongoing love/hate relationship with Epic and the UT series.
                          UT99 love, UT2k3 hate, UT2k4 love, UT3 hate but hopeful.

Comment

Working...
                          X