Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh three more things...

1) A "newb error" is that people like to hold down the fire button on the Instagib rifle (or Shock Rifle).

Don't... you're so much better at clicking to fire than trying to hold your reticle over dudes while you're waiting for the reload timer to end.

IE: The Shock Rifle is semi-automatic... *click each time you fire*

2) Also for the long precise shots... just pressing down your left mouse button might be enough to throw your aim off just that little bit... (you SLIGHTLY move the mouse)

For the snipes I typically bind a firebutton on the keyboard. Since I'm a lefty I use the arrow keys to move... so I bound Numpad 0 as my "second primary fire button".

Precise snipe? Aim with the mouse and move my pinky over to fire.

3) Turn your Weapons Models off... this make your bullets "come out of your forehead" so there's no "parallax" in your shots... everything goes STRAIGHT down the crosshairs. Your FPS will also increase because it's not rendering your gun. You'll need to learn what gun you're holding by looking at the crosshair... but meh... small price to pay.

I know -- I used to be that dude who played with his weapon models on the entire time -- through UT99, through UT2k4... but in UT3 I decided "meh, might as well turn them off" -- went from 7th in a 16 person server to 2nd. Same people.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Here's how I learned back in UT99.

Play instagib CTF for a week or two an hour or so per day.

You'll die a lot, everyone will die a lot... that's the point.

Instagib -- everyone spawns with an infinite ammo, semi automatic, "enhanced Shock Rifle" with perfect aim. If you hit someone... head, shoulder, finger, toe, chest, whatever -- they explode and die instantly.

You'll need to get VERY quick at putting your reticle over your enemy... and therefore when you go to a more slower paced round like Deathmatch (yes, slower compared to iCTF) you'll have no problem.

You'll even get good enough to juggle Mantas with shock rifles.
    Yeah really good advice, that's the way I practice

Leave a comment:

• replied

Instagib -- everyone spawns with an infinite ammo, semi automatic, "enhanced Shock Rifle" with perfect aim. If you hit someone... head, shoulder, finger, toe, chest, whatever -- they explode and die instantly.

You'll need to get VERY quick at putting your reticle over your enemy... and therefore when you go to a more slower paced round like Deathmatch (yes, slower compared to iCTF) you'll have no problem.

****...well said. Thats exactly how I learned to play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you may want to slow your mouse speed down a bit, when i aim i try and pick a spot on the screen and keep the cursor there, and try and make most adjustments by strafing. It works really well for sniping and using the flak cannon.

Leave a comment:

• replied

That's exactly how I learned back in the day, and how I've trained play after play until this day. Instagib death-match with the shock rifle (remember when it was called a Zoom rifle? Hahaha), and you'll find your aim and nerves find thier places quickly.

I used to hate the shock rifle, but now it's one of my favorite alternative weapons to my number one, and an excellent choice for fighting distance in low grav levels (Like Morpheus 3 was.)

Either way, this was a peak suggestion, and I definetly recommend giving it a go for a day or so and see if you don't feel better about shooting with hitscan afterwards.

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    lol Hes like FPS DOUG
    Ma handz ar shaken!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hehe, well it's all about practice and experience...and it's just a game you will respawn after you die xD

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _jani_123xxx View Post
    i do fine when many guys battle each other and i can shoot from behind :P but when i need to be face a face i get so paniced that i cant keep my aim target

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lol, it's just a game, relax. :P

Tell yourself that you're better, you're the man, imagine your opponent as a fat, ugly, whining kid.... >_>

Dunno, just play, have fun and be happy. ;D As long as you don't play competitive, you shouldn't worry about these little duels. Get more confident about your skills and you'll be fine.

Leave a comment:

• started a topic how to not panic when aiming?

how to not panic when aiming?

i do fine when many guys battle each other and i can shoot from behind :P but when i need to be face a face i get so paniced that i cant keep my aim target
Working...
X