X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
    First, learn to Die.
    Sounds stupid, but Death is a essential Part of the Game.
    Get used to it, if you are not afraid to lose, you will calm down.
    Practice it, and you will be cool down.
    Dont think "i have to win!", dont think "i will loose if i dont hit him", dont even think about anything like this. It WILL make you fail. Free your Mind. Easy to say, but hard to learn.

Then, increase your aiming skills, hitscan-weapons like the Shock-rifle or the Sniper are useful Weapons.
    InstaGib will do both of this Jobs by once, first, you will die a lot and get used to it, then you have to learn to aim fast, and tadaa, Success will appear.
    And always remember, DONT THINK. Just do it.

And, dont look at the Scoreboard.
    AIM WELL WITH HITSCAN YOU MUST

/yoda
    aside from brewskies, theres always the.. budskies

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Practice.

Just do random dodges and stuff, as long as you can stay alive you'll have time to kill the other person. If all else fails, load up some rockets and kami on the guy. He'll get frustrated and play worse which will give you a slight advantage. Always works.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Here's how I learned back in UT99.

Play instagib CTF for a week or two an hour or so per day.
    That works really well... but is frustrating until you start getting better or you have other players who have been playing instagib longer than you have.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't play iCTF to improve your aim, because it won't. Playing iCTF will improve your aim in iCTF, and possibly with the shock rifle primary. But that's where it's only just begun. Each weapon is different in how you aim it, or in other words; how you move your mouse.

You might as well play DM and at the same time pick up on many more things than just instagibbing. If you only play iCTF and then start doing DM, all you know is how to shoot with primary shock. Meanwhile you'll have missed all the other things that are important for that gametype: the other guns, the map tricks and jumps, the item spawns, the movement of other players.

Ofcourse if you're only interested in iCTF, then by all means. It can be a lot of fun. But to improve aiming you really just need to play all the gametypes with all the weapons.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Phopojijo View Post
    Didn't know it had multiplayer?
    lol nope...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    yes, instagib games will help a ton

also some tips i would recoment:
    1. Belive that you are better then everyone else. Have fun, but dont get too emotionally involved in losing
    2. Realize that dying happens a ton, and is not a negative. Dont necissarily think "**** i gotta kill this guy", think "i gotta do as much damage as possible, and live as long as possible"
    3. Playing team matches helps with number 2
    4. NEVER panic and look down at the ground, i see sooooo many people do this when im spectating. You might not notice you do it, but most panickers do it subconsiously. On the opponents screen this makes you look like a noob and they will focus on you, which leads to lower self confidence.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by _jani_123xxx View Post
    i do fine when many guys battle each other and i can shoot from behind :P but when i need to be face a face i get so paniced that i cant keep my aim target
    why would you panic? its not like you're playing for 1 million dollars, just think of your opponents as noobs and show em some ownage!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by CaptainZap View Post
    Drink at least (2-3) 40oz bottles of beer. Works like a charm for me.
    Quoted for TRUTH! ... Beer is teh medicine

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If you want to practice against bots to get the hang of the vehicles/leading your targets etc, I would use one of the smaller maps (like Suspense) and set the number of bots to 3 or thereabouts, that way you can a) get hold of whatever vehicle you want and b) focus on your targetting etc without having to worry about being shot from the side.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Don't listen to him shockey we still love you o.o

Just kidding, yea -- I like the shock... DEFINITELY prefer its weapon model (not that I leave them on though)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I spent 3 days in Instant Action just learning all of the new vehicles and weapon tactics. All you need is practice.

The shock rifle feels way different in this game than UT2k4, and a bit more difficult to aim, I'll tell ya that... used to be one of my most used weapons, now it's the rocket launcher :\

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
    play some bots dude, thats what i did...i played Unreal and Unreal Tournament AND UT2004 for like 6 or 7 years before i even played online rofl...
    Didn't know it had multiplayer?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    play some bots dude, thats what i did...i played Unreal and Unreal Tournament AND UT2004 for like 6 or 7 years before i even played online rofl...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
    First, learn to Die.
    Dont think "i have to win!", dont think "i will loose if i dont hit him", dont even think about anything like this. It WILL make you fail. Free your Mind. Easy to say, but hard to learn.

Then, increase your aiming skills, hitscan-weapons like the Shock-rifle or the Sniper are useful Weapons.
    InstaGib will do both of this Jobs by once, first, you will die a lot and get used to it, then you have to learn to aim fast, and tadaa, Success will appear.

I have the scoreboard under SHIFT because i use arrows to walk and every death i press shift to see how i an my opponents are doing. I should do this, in fact i will remove it right now maybe make it the suicide button, that way i'll learn.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First, learn to Die.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X