• Show
Clear All

Picture your opponents naked.

Comment

Just calm down and flyyyy

Comment

Originally posted by JUNGLIST MOVEMENT View Post
        AND IM STILL GETTING THE HEADSHOTS!
        Like BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOT, BOOM HEADSHOTTTTT !

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
          Tell yourself that you're better, you're the man, imagine your opponent as a fat, ugly, whining kid.... >_>
          Lmao! How is that supposed to calm anyone down? I would get scared too!

Comment

It is the fear of dying which makes you panic.

Instagib kinda works, but if you're still panicing then your aim wont improve much anyway.

Try joining a server with the purpose of getting your aim right. Choose a new nick if you really want to. The aim is simply to get as many hits as you can. You will die a lot, but soon you'll stop worrying about the fights, your movement or dying and get some decent accuracy.

Then try adding your defence (ie making yourself hard to kill through unpredictable movement) and you should be ok

It wont come straight away though. Never does

Comment

Originally posted by Lillien View Post
              It is the fear of dying which makes you panic.

Instagib kinda works, but if you're still panicing then your aim wont improve much anyway.

Try joining a server with the purpose of getting your aim right. Choose a new nick if you really want to. The aim is simply to get as many hits as you can. You will die a lot, but soon you'll stop worrying about the fights, your movement or dying and get some decent accuracy.

Then try adding your defence (ie making yourself hard to kill through unpredictable movement) and you should be ok

It wont come straight away though. Never does
              Yea that's one thing I'm having a hard time with in UT3.

2k4 and 99 I was a slippy little frigger. UT3 people seem to be able to get beats on me easier. I'm moving faster, ducking occasionally, shuffling, dodging, occasionally changing directions in dodging... occasionally not dodging when I look like I'm going to dodge. I dunno. I'll eventually figure it out (not that I honestly care as much as I did in 99 and 2k4 though, kind-of not really as hardcore "gung-ho" as I used to be... kind-of a lot more interested in modifying videogames than I am at playing them.)

See thread poster -- we all learn

Then again, maybe its just the demographic of people playing... a lot more casual people were playing 2k4 than are playing UT3.

Comment

Think of nothing.

Comment

lol the funny thing is i still do it now and then.
                  But i only play for fun,so i don`t care if they get me.

The players i hate the most are the ones that jump in front of you from nowhere,**** then my heart is in my mouth :P

Comment

Originally posted by _jani_123xxx View Post
                    i do fine when many guys battle each other and i can shoot from behind :P but when i need to be face a face i get so paniced that i cant keep my aim target
                    I always panic when it says 5 kills remaining, i just get so nerveous i always ruin the game in the end.

Comment

try learning yoga and drinking herbal tea. Then read up on some of the lessons of buddhism. If that doesn't work then seek help

Comment

First, learn to Die.
                        Sounds stupid, but Death is a essential Part of the Game.
                        Get used to it, if you are not afraid to lose, you will calm down.
                        Practice it, and you will be cool down.
                        Dont think "i have to win!", dont think "i will loose if i dont hit him", dont even think about anything like this. It WILL make you fail. Free your Mind. Easy to say, but hard to learn.

Then, increase your aiming skills, hitscan-weapons like the Shock-rifle or the Sniper are useful Weapons.
                        InstaGib will do both of this Jobs by once, first, you will die a lot and get used to it, then you have to learn to aim fast, and tadaa, Success will appear.
                        And always remember, DONT THINK. Just do it.

And, dont look at the Scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by Scheibenwischer View Post
                          First, learn to Die.
                          Sounds stupid, but Death is a essential Part of the Game.
                          Get used to it, if you are not afraid to lose, you will calm down.
                          Dont think "i have to win!", dont think "i will loose if i dont hit him", dont even think about anything like this. It WILL make you fail. Free your Mind. Easy to say, but hard to learn.

Then, increase your aiming skills, hitscan-weapons like the Shock-rifle or the Sniper are useful Weapons.
                          InstaGib will do both of this Jobs by once, first, you will die a lot and get used to it, then you have to learn to aim fast, and tadaa, Success will appear.
                          And always remember, DONT THINK. Just do it.

And, dont look at the Scoreboard.
                          I have the scoreboard under SHIFT because i use arrows to walk and every death i press shift to see how i an my opponents are doing. I should do this, in fact i will remove it right now maybe make it the suicide button, that way i'll learn.

Comment

play some bots dude, thats what i did...i played Unreal and Unreal Tournament AND UT2004 for like 6 or 7 years before i even played online rofl...

Comment

Originally posted by Madmanxan View Post
                              play some bots dude, thats what i did...i played Unreal and Unreal Tournament AND UT2004 for like 6 or 7 years before i even played online rofl...
                              Didn't know it had multiplayer?

Comment

I spent 3 days in Instant Action just learning all of the new vehicles and weapon tactics. All you need is practice.

The shock rifle feels way different in this game than UT2k4, and a bit more difficult to aim, I'll tell ya that... used to be one of my most used weapons, now it's the rocket launcher :\

Comment

Working...
                                X