Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell is with the weak online following Epic?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell is with the weak online following Epic?

I'm sure this has probably come up before in the forums, but I searched for an answer and couldn't find one.

Why exactly am I hearing that there are barely any online UT3 players for the PC? I was going to pick up UT3 for Christmas, but if there isn't a good following for online play I don't see any reason why I should pick it up.

I'm just finding it hard to believe that a game with a strong name like UT could do so poorly on the PC, it's home platform.

Originally posted by Joeshie View Post
    I'm sure this has probably come up before in the forums, but I searched for an answer and couldn't find one.
    Well, that's because any thread on this topic gets closed, deleted, eaten or whatever as soon as possible. :P Just as yours. :/

Oh, and btw: I'm optimistic, next year we'll certainly get more players. :hope:

Comment

People running servers that are not correctly configured (ie..learn to setup their Routers).
      Give it time, soon there will be a LOT more people playing online.

Comment

I think its because theres alot of new good games out atm..

Alot of competition atm... give it afew months everyone will end up buying all the games anyways

Comment

this happens with all new games
          theres a host of reasons
          every thing from slow comps, to vers skill , like the old skool 99 players that dont like the new game , cause they dont wanna start at the bottum again

Comment

Originally posted by pygmallion View Post
            People running servers that are not correctly configured (ie..learn to setup their Routers).
            Give it time, soon there will be a LOT more people playing online.
            Yeah right, it has been two weeks the people running servers are learning how to route or port forward. Suddently they forgot how to configured servers for UT2k4 or other games ...

And about hte UT99 arguments there were 100x times more players when UT2k4 was released.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleary View Post
              I think its because theres alot of new good games out atm..

Alot of competition atm... give it afew months everyone will end up buying all the games anyways
              I think I should have bought one of the other ones, and gottten UT3 later

Originally posted by stif View Post
              like the old skool 99 players that dont like the new game , cause they dont wanna start at the bottum again
              You don't know what's going on, do you?

Comment

Don't you remember what Mark Rein said... "more than 50% our customers dont play online" lol

Comment

Why exactly am I hearing that there are barely any online UT3 players for the PC? I was going to pick up UT3 for Christmas, but if there isn't a good following for online play I don't see any reason why I should pick it up.

yep and if you and everybody else thinks like that and dont get the game, there WONT be any more ppl online than there are now. it's a great game, you should pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by rigged View Post
                    yep and if you and everybody else thinks like that and dont get the game, there WONT be any more ppl online than there are now. it's a great game, you should pick it up.
                    Nobody likes to take the risk first ...

What amazes me is that the game is more than decent, it is actually a very good game in multi, especially when you compare it to Crysis and CoD4, which are good single player games but alit bit dull in multi ... Still, there are 100 more players on CoD 4

Comment

Nobody likes to take the risk first ...

What amazes me is that the game is more than decent, it is actually a very good game in multi, especially when you compare it to Crysis and CoD4, which are good single player games but alit bit dull in multi ... Still, there are 100 more players on CoD 4

Comment

REASON: A lot of people have to upgrade their PC or needs to get a new one (like me).

Comment

Hi, you made a fatal error...

...you listened to the whining b*stards on this forum!!!

Let me put it like this, I've had no problem finding a game online AND it's the best **** game I've played in a looooong time.

BUY IT, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO!

Comment

yep and if you and everybody else thinks like that and dont get the game, there WONT be any more ppl online than there are now.
                            yeh right.... thats how it works........................................

The game had a beta retail version, which scared ppl away..... im sure EPIC is working hard to fix the problems/missing features, but they should have been fixed when it was relealsed to compete with the other games which were released recently. And it runs really bad for a multiplayer game. If u put eveything on lowest in example CoD4 will get u like 3/4 times more fps then UT3.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Stride View Post
                              Don't you remember what Mark Rein said... "more than 50% our customers dont play online" lol
                              LOL I was just about to say that.

Also, I think loads of people are still playing the single player campaign, and instant action in order to get used to the maps and weapons. This is especially true for newcomers to the UT series.

The problem is, the bots are so fun that a lot of the more "casual" gamers don't feel the need to play online very often (or even at all).

But I have faith that the online community will grow very fast, when more people buy the game and start jumping into multiplayer (after they get bored with instant action).

Comment

Working...
                              X