New 169.25 Beta Drivers available on Nvidia site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 169.25 Beta Drivers available on Nvidia site

The latest Beta drivers just came out with support for the new GTS 512 as well as Tri-SLI and numerous fixed and enhancements for other games. Just go to the Nvidia site and you can download them or go to guru3d.com and get them from there. Good luck. Also I just download the Windows Vista SP1 RC and it is installing now. Hopefully with this new SP and these newer drivers performance for UT3 and Crysis will be better ... man I am so tempted to upgrade my video cards as well to improve performance even more (using 8QxAA and 16xAF) ... anyone heard anything about the 1GB 8800GT/GTS cards?

WTF? Another nVidia driver??? ...coooool...

Comment

No release for XP

Comment

Originally posted by ElDiablo2k3 View Post
        WTF? Another nVidia driver??? ...coooool...
        Its the same driver as yesterday. The only difference is that it supports tri sli. So if you have the ones that came out yesterday don't bother updating.

Comment

Man these new drivers are amazing!! Wow they really did some magic. I was testing using 8QxAA and 16xAF using 1680x1050 in Rising Sun with 5 bots and before with 169.13 I was getting in the 40s and 50s with it going as low as 33 fps for a moment in spots. Well after installing these new drivers and running the same test my fps never dipped below 60 ... never. That is amazing. I think they finally fixed SLI. Now to test Gears and Crysis.

Comment

They will never fix ut2k4+XP+8800.

Comment

http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/481/
              Imagine that horse power. My god

Comment

The best place for NVIDIA beta drivers is here: http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/forum/...p?showforum=66

(go to 160 series sub-forum)

They don't have .25 yet but they're usually pretty fast

The special thing they have at that site is that they host the international versions of the drivers and provide and ALTERNATE .INF that lets you use them with some nvidia chipsets that are blocked from the normal drivers (like for my geforce go 7600 in my laptop, which is blocked from normal nvidia driver releases because HP only wants you to get old drivers from HP's site)

Comment

I got a much faster source:
                  Guru3d.com
                  Vista32/64
                  XP32
                  XP64

Never seen a driver anywhere else before they get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wiring View Post
                    http://www.guru3d.com/article/Videocards/481/
                    Imagine that horse power. My god
                    Yeah man when I win the lotto I will build a system like that No seriously that would be an amazing system to have in combination with the new penryn cpu. Too bad that Tri-SLI only works with the GTX and Ultra cards since they are the only cards with two SLI headers ... not even the new GT and GTS can do TSLI ... bummer.

Anyway I did some more testing and unless AA is flat out broken in 169.25 the new drivers have been reengineered because even on the new map from Hourence using 8XAA I still never go below 60 fps ... now I don't have the best eyes when it comes to AA stuff and it seems smoother to me but that could just be me wanting this to work out in my favor so maybe someone else who has Vista can see if AA is broken with these drivers or not. Thanks.

Comment

lol in vista in my traditional framerate testing spot, after installing SP1 RC1 and these beta drivers, my framerate dropped from it's normal lousy 45fps down to 35fps. I'll stick to XP where I get 80 in that spot.

Comment

I think these are broken ... at least they don't work properly with Crysis. Anyway if anyone confirms that AA works with these drivers (or not) post it here please ... someone with a good eye for this stuff needs to look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hickeroar View Post
                          lol in vista in my traditional framerate testing spot, after installing SP1 RC1 and these beta drivers, my framerate dropped from it's normal lousy 45fps down to 35fps. I'll stick to XP where I get 80 in that spot.
                          I may skip installing RC1 afterall. I did cancel it once because I wanted to hear more info from people. More reports like yours and I am definitely going to pass.

Comment

Bump ... anyone done any testing with this driver?

Edit: I also noticed that there is no longer an SLI profile for UT3 (or Crysis) so yeah I think these drivers are broken or incomplete and I am going to go back to 169.13. If anyone has anything to add please feel free to do so.

What is really strange is that even though there is no SLI profile the visual indicator shows that there is definitely SLI activity going on.

Comment

tri-sli isnt all its cracked up to be, the power consumption and heat levels are stupidly high.

the performance boost is actually very well optimized, giving 80% of each card's potential or close as long as your cpu doesnt bottleneck you.

the real question is where do you put your xfi? come on you are using 6 slots for cpu and most cases these days (even EATX) only have 7 expansion slots, thats 1 slot (which is pci-e 1x) for a sound card, and everyone knows the pci-e 1x slot sucks for sound cards.

the problem is, within a year of spending $1500+ on graphics, you will be outdated. tri 8800ultra will probably be slower than a single 9800GTX if nvidia keeps up their pace. if not, dual 9600s will run faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X