Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have anybody problems with the player skins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Red & then Blue?

I am having problems with skins changing colors while I am playing depending where I am next to that player.
    First they look RED then I or they move and they turn BLUE and it's the same player!!!

Anyone else notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by JaFO View Post
      I noticed something similar in instant-action.

I had chosen to fight TDM against 2 (named) bots (ie 1 vs 2).
      I added one(1) extra bot to the match, which became my teammember.
      However that bot used what looked like the 'default' model, instead of the Lauren-model even though its name was "Lauren".

This was in v1.1 of the game with Evil Engine's Xan installed ...
      If you load any new bots into the match, it hasn't taken the time to load the models properly, so the newcomers appear as the default until the next loading time, after which they'll appear properly.

Comment

It also happens when u change teams

Comment

I thought this was something to do with servers only allowing a certain number of custom characters, and changing everyone past that limit to the "Demoguy". It's definitely annoying, either way.

Comment

Yeah there's nothing more annoying than hearing "That was sick!" "I'm on fire!" "F yeah!" "I'm on Fire!" "Awesome!" "F Yeah" over and over again all match and at the end.

Comment

It happens to me when and if I switch teams, one minute I'm my own character the next I'm Mr Demo Dude.

Comment

I heard that there are servers which allow custom skins, and servers which dont!, but thats not the problem is it...no..

Comment

it happens to me all the time to. I created a thread about it a week or two ago but nobody really posted anything helpful in it. must just be a bug in the game. hopefully the next patch will take care of it.

Comment

happens to me whenever i stall for half a second during loading. if i stall any while loading i wont have any skins. if i dont stall its fine

Comment

there is certainly something buggy with the skins

i have my ut3 to show the demo guy only. while on a server after a map change, it will all of a sudden be all custom skins, when i look at the option screens " allow custom skins " is still unchecked

i got to leave the server and run instant action a few times to fix it

hopefully this is one of the fixes in the new patch.

Comment

It's entirely random for me. One match, everyone on the server's showing off their silly mish-mash of armor pieces, but the match right after that has half the players' models forced to the Demoman (no, not the self-claimed black Scottish cyclops in Team Fortress 2).

Comment

Working...
                        X