No announcement yet.

Linking with the Link Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new method would be better if it worked over a greater distance, it's currently something like 160uu. Three times that would be a start in my opinion, although it's not exactly game breaking it just means hardly anyone ever links up.

Comment

Originally posted by demoniac View Post
      What is this score stealing? Are you talking about players like Jasmin who refuse to link up because personal score is more important than the team winning?
      LoL, I even remember him/her/it.

Originally posted by demoniac
      IIRC in 2k4 you'd get points for healing/building a node even if you're last or in the middle of a link chain.
      Yeah, but I'm not really sure if that's just with ONS Plus. Anyway I think you got more points when you're the one who starts the chain, so certain people tried to force you to stop healing the node on your own and link up with them, although they arrived after you... dunno, I just always linked up. :P

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
        Yeah, but I'm not really sure if that's just with ONS Plus. Anyway I think you got more points when you're the one who starts the chain, so certain people tried to force you to stop healing the node on your own and link up with them, although they arrived after you... dunno, I just always linked up. :P
        Could be that it's an ONS+ feature. I've only played ONS+ since I discovered that server, and I was really just a n00b before then.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post
          You don't shoot your teammate to link anymore. Instead, stand near your teammate. If you stand close enough, little yellow sparks fly between you and your teammate. If you both heal something, it will heal faster than if you weren't standing near each other.

This way, everybody linking can also shoot. The old way, only the person on the end of the chain could shoot.
          So, more multikils for everyone else?

Thats sounds interesting though. Im not too sure why they changed it, could have been so it was easy to link up with teammates on consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by hackdroot View Post
            This way, everybody linking can also be in close enough proximity to make one large target rather than several small ones . The old way, folks who survived the initial goliath blast or manta run were positioned far enough away to continue charging the node and provide defense
            Quoted for truth.

Comment

Working...
            X