Linking with the Link Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linking with the Link Gun?

Erm, how do you link with the Link Gun now?

...and why'd they change it?

You don't shoot your teammate to link anymore. Instead, stand near your teammate. If you stand close enough, little yellow sparks fly between you and your teammate. If you both heal something, it will heal faster than if you weren't standing near each other.

This way, everybody linking can also shoot. The old way, only the person on the end of the chain could shoot.

Comment

Stand next to another player that has a Link Gun equipped and you both will get a boost, similar to the old linkup. Imo it works fine, as the old node score "stealing" **** is gone. Still the old linking added some atmosphere of team work, what I liked.

Comment

OK. Cheers guy.

Now I know, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainSnarf View Post

This way, everybody linking can also be in close enough proximity to make one large target rather than several small ones . The old way, folks who survived the initial goliath blast or manta run were positioned far enough away to continue charging the node and provide defense
          fixed
          (stupiccharlimitthingy)

Comment

I guess this means I wont be able to do gymnastics when charging a node..
            Unless other players jumped with me...

Comment

No apparently all you have to do is stand close to each other. No more actual linking.

Comment

I liked the old way. The new way is unintuitive, impractical and no fun.

Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

Comment

Stand right next to the person you want to link. If they move 1cm away though it will break off.

Comment

Loved how they had it before, especially when you had a whole chain of guys "hooked" up together It was so much fun doing that on vehicle escaping Assault maps!

Comment

Charging a node anno UT3 = a gay humping orgie expressing there excitement with linkguns

Comment

I love the new way tbh, more balanced.

Comment

the older way seemed much more team oriented. this versions link up fails if the other person moves around too much. staying still isnt a good thing in this game

Comment

i like to stand close to my team mate...is the sparkling they mention a sparkle of "LOVE?"...i think EPIC made this a "love your team mate" game ;-)))

Comment

Originally posted by LêøÑ¡dås View Post
                              Stand next to another player that has a Link Gun equipped and you both will get a boost, similar to the old linkup. Imo it works fine, as the old node score "stealing" **** is gone. Still the old linking added some atmosphere of team work, what I liked.
                              What is this score stealing? Are you talking about players like Jasmin who refuse to link up because personal score is more important than the team winning?

IIRC in 2k4 you'd get points for healing/building a node even if you're last or in the middle of a link chain.

Comment

Working...
                              X