can you modify other people's mods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you modify other people's mods?

This is an important question, because if so, one person could export all of the mods to the PS3. I've never worked with mods so I don't know.

Yes, you can mod mods, and even mod modded mods, or go one step further and modify mods to modded mods to create modified modified modded mods etc.

Comment

that's great to hear; that should mean that PS3 owners will get all of the mods after all. Thanks for the response.

Comment

Even though it's technically possible, it is... inappropriate... to modify someone else's work without their permission (either implicit or explicit).

Don't expect universal thanks if you take liberties with others peoples efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mort_Q View Post
          Even though it's technically possible, it is... inappropriate... to modify someone else's work without their permission (either implicit or explicit).

Don't expect universal thanks if you take liberties with others peoples efforts.
          Yeah, it's called "stealing".

Comment

I agree with Mort_Q.
            Always ask the maker if it`s ok first
            Also always give the org author some credit as well.

Comment

Indeed ... make sure you have permission from the original creators of a mod/mutator/map/skin *before* you attempt to do such a thing.

I kind of hope that once we get the tools required that everyone who creates content for the game also releases a ps3-compatible version.
              It should be easier compared to testing/debugging a Linux/Mac-version
              And given that you probably will have to optimize everything a bit (because you have to use fixed hardware) I'm sure that the end-result will be good for both pc-users (who'll get a more efficient/smaller mod with fewer bugs) and ps3-users (who'll get to enjoy custom content).

Comment

Working...
              X