UTGame.ini -> bShowDamage=False

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTGame.ini -> bShowDamage=False

In UTGame.ini there is a setting called bShowDamage= and default its True. I think this setting has to do with the screen ripple blur when you get hit by mini or whatnot. Seems setting it to false does nothing.

Does anyone else or even [Epic] know what this does. And if it really is suppose to remove the screen flashes why doesn't it work? (1.1 patch again it does nothing).

It puts red effects around the crosshair which indicate which direction the attack came from. If you get hit on your right side, you'll see the effect to the right of your crosshair.

The distortion effect is disabled with the Distortion= setting under [SystemSettings] in your UTEngine.ini file.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
      It puts red effects around the crosshair which indicate which direction the attack came from. If you get hit on your right side, you'll see the effect to the right of your crosshair.

The distortion effect is disabled with the Distortion= setting under [SystemSettings] in your UTEngine.ini file.
      I set it to false and it did not change anything.

Comment

Bump, still waiting on a fix.

Comment

It is prolly considered a hack now,like throw weapon and some ini editing.Some changes just will not stick or just do not show their adjustments.I do not need or want red flashes to know I'm being hit so I disabled them and of course...no change.

Comment

put lod bias to very low for everything i mean like 32 - it will look like q2 but you can at least see - not a perfect solution im sorry but best i could find :/ - oh this is in adition to turning of all the usual stuff in the ini. then for god sake dont touch anything, i mean anything! in the ingame options it will reset everything ( found this out to my cost myself @( )

Comment

Working...
            X