Creating an avalanche (video)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creating an avalanche (video)

Shows several avalanches and how to use the explosives for the barricade.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90th-Il5nPs

nice man

i havent played avalanche enough to work out where to get teh shaped charge lol!

well, yea, cheers

Comment

If you watch the video closely, you'll see it is in one of the towers near the core. It will appear near the tower of the core when all the nodes are controlled by the opposing team.

Comment

Cool, I never found that.

Comment

I wondered what that was .... Im pretty sure Ive found that Shaped Charge in the DownTown maps of Warfare too

How do you counter the avalanche once its released?

Comment

Thats great stuff I didnt know. So its a neat way to regain your node and push enemies going for the core when your losing.

Comment

I've played Av a lot online and it sure gets voted in often, but the first time I've seen the goods though...very cool.

Comment

wow i like that effect

Comment

You only get one avalanche per side, so it's quite short.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacunaa View Post
                    I wondered what that was .... Im pretty sure Ive found that Shaped Charge in the DownTown maps of Warfare too

How do you counter the avalanche once its released?
                    Take the nodes back. I've never seen the avalanche actually manage to turn the tide of a round, because for it to happen people would have to synchronise with each other so that they are ready to cap the nodes right after they get cleared by the avalanche.

Since most people don't even know about how to trigger avalanches and in which condition you can do so (ie. when the enemy has your prime node) much less what it does, it's hard to use it effectively on public servers (as when you are at the point of triggering the avalanche you are already under heavy pressure and spawning only at your base)

Note that even if you are controlling any of the side node or primary at the time you trigger the avalanche, you will lose them.

And sometimes also some random guy who don't know what it does pick up the shaped charge and don't use it despite the arrows and voice telling him to blow up the barricade.

Comment

Yeah, didnt know about that til tonight and I watched one happen from the cliffs above. I was like..whoa! wtf was that? lol. Nice to know how now

Comment

Thanks, a new toy everytime I watch a UT clip on You Tube I always try to move the mouse/view then I remember its a vid

Comment

It looks great .....

Comment

Im telling you I found one of the Shaped Charges in the Market District/Downtown maps too

There must be a way to collapse a building

Comment

or just use it on the core?

Comment

Working...
                              X