Freezes are getting worse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Freezes are getting worse

The game is becoming more and more unplayable at 1st i only had freezes on DM-Gateway, not i have it on every DM map even on RisingSun, it occures every few minutes and takes about 5 seconds the screen then goes totally paused but they game continues, after the freeze game continues like nothing happened, but most of the time you got killed ofcourse.

Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Because i think not everyone has it, i only hear a few players moaning about it on public.

PC? PS3? That info would help them to help you.

Comment

Originally posted by Clinton514 View Post
      PC? PS3? That info would help them to help you.
      PC ofcourse, its a known bug, but its getting worse for me.

Comment

It also freezes on PS3 so it helps for them

Comment

I've had this problem since patching to 1.1 - guess all we can do is hope it's fixed next patch, but that probably won't be for a while

Comment

What video card and drivers are you using? There is a known issue on the PC with the 8800 GT and I would imagine the newer just released 8800 GTS 512 as well since they cannot make use of the 163.75 stable WHQL drivers. This is one of the issues from what I have been reading around here.

Comment

8500GT, 169.21 drivers. Problem seems to have gotten somewhat better actually, since updating to these drivers, but also, I've got most of the sound turned off, which might be helping also.

Comment

169.21 seems to suck (might just be me?)
                i use 169.13
                check your temps, heat causes the stutter as well as some soundcards, what soundcard do you have? are you using hardware openal?
                equally check your background apps that you have enough ram available.

did you turn on OneFrameThreadLag in utengine.ini?
                hope this helps, if not please report back!

Comment

Originally posted by AnubanUT2 View Post
                  What video card and drivers are you using? There is a known issue on the PC with the 8800 GT and I would imagine the newer just released 8800 GTS 512 as well since they cannot make use of the 163.75 stable WHQL drivers. This is one of the issues from what I have been reading around here.
                  Yes i have 8800 GT videocard Don't know what drivers, where can i see it? I do have OneFrameThreadLag=True so thats not the problem.

Comment

nvidia control panel -> system information -> forceware version

odds are you are overheating - download rivatuner and set your fan to 100% (is it evga? if so goto evga downloads instead and download the new bios for the 8800GT)

Comment

When you are having problems, knowing what your system specs are helps (including O/S).

To check your video driver version, open the nVidia Control Panel and click on System Information in the left side menu:

Comment

is that section available without ntune?

Comment

Odds are that it is NOT overheating. Many of us have checked the temps and are recieving these symptoms at low temps. It's also not just the 8800GT's a good deal of us are getting the issue with the 8xxx line of cards (and even ati users). I myself have an 8800gtx and have had this issue since launch on vista.

There is a thread on the freezing in the tech issues forum with over 25k hits... might want to read up some there.

Comment

For a start how about detailing the hardware of your PC.

Its ultra retarded to make such a post and then give no information about your kit.

Comment

Originally posted by XP43 View Post
                              Yes i have 8800 GT videocard Don't know what drivers, where can i see it? I do have OneFrameThreadLag=True so thats not the problem.
                              Well the issue is such that there is not much you can do about the issue atm. Nvidia is aware of the issue and working on a fix alongside Epic devs. Basically there is some issue with the drivers above 163.75 and so those of us with cards based on the newer G92 architecture are stuck for a moment. And it doesn't matter if you are on XP or Vista in this case. So basically just use the latest drivers ... 169.13 i.e.

Comment

Working...
                              X