I miss Onslaught and Assault. (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Kismet is great, but it's no excuse for not adding assault.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bring back assault epic

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I miss Freon.

For those of you who have never played it's like stuck in the mud with guns.

If you get fragged, you take 60 seconds or so to thaw and be able to run around again. But your teammates by standing next to you, thaw you quickly, so you can then play again. The team to freeze all the opponent's team wins. When frozen, you watch your teammataes and learn how to play - and if you're a novice (like I am in deathmatch) you don't loose the game to your team by getting fragged a lot.

It wouldbe my number 1 inclusion for any bonus pack. And perhaps it would be that something "extra" that the reviewers are clamouring for.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't miss Onslaught, as Warfare pretty much is Onslaught, just with the Orb tossed in, and thats fine by me.

Nor do i miss Double-Domination and Bombing-Run, thouse gametypes never appealed to me.

But i do miss Assault, Last Man Standing and Invasion.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BlueTrin View Post
    As long as you don't put nodes in the supply train and there is no gigantic ugly core in the last wagon I am fine with it : )
    Hahaha, we'll see what the future holds, though I have faith in Epic's engine and it's versatility.

-Zeromus

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZeromusHunter View Post
    Warfare is pretty much like that Ballgame and Onslaught combined. I forgot that name of that ball game, was it like deathball or something?

Eitherway, It's a good concept. Though the game can be arranged so that warfare works exactly like assault, I feel that a few examples should have been set forth by epic. I.E. bring back the train level, first time players can learn and understand what Assault is, and introduce that aspect to warfare on the new platform.

A veteran UT'r can understand how versatile the system is, but a newbie may not exactly get it. I expect we'll see some patches in the future from epic containing Assault style levels to get the creativity jumps going for our Assault fans.
    As long as you don't put nodes in the supply train and there is no gigantic ugly core in the last wagon I am fine with it : )

Leave a comment:

• replied
    When you first play with the orb, you think ONS is better. After a week you realise the orb adds so much more strategy to the game, and is far better than ONS.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by ZeromusHunter View Post
    I expect we'll see some patches in the future from epic containing Assault style levels to get the creativity jumps going for our Assault fans.
    I doubt that Epic would, though I would love to be wrong. As it is, the NA Assault community is for the most part moving on to other things like TF2.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warfare is pretty much like that Ballgame and Onslaught combined. I forgot that name of that ball game, was it like deathball or something?

Eitherway, It's a good concept. Though the game can be arranged so that warfare works exactly like assault, I feel that a few examples should have been set forth by epic. I.E. bring back the train level, first time players can learn and understand what Assault is, and introduce that aspect to warfare on the new platform.

A veteran UT'r can understand how versatile the system is, but a newbie may not exactly get it. I expect we'll see some patches in the future from epic containing Assault style levels to get the creativity jumps going for our Assault fans.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Warfare is nowhere close to assault ... Warfare is far better than onslaught but you can't compare it to assault ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Ultron View Post
    I don't miss AS, really. Games were often too short.
    That was what turned a lot of people on to it. Many people don't like 20 minutes of back and forth. I love a 3:50 FallenCity.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't miss AS, really. Games were often too short. It's also a harder gametype to make maps for, on the development side. ONS is back as WAR and that's fine with me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just disable the orb, and you've got onslaught, no? In fact, I think they're really pushing it calling warfare a "new" gametype.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I forgot about arena. I miss that too. And even that crazy game where you carry the ball/sphere to the goal. Those were great games. As a PS3 owner the only way we'll see this is if Epic gives us a Downloadable update via the PS3 store or directly from the game, but I have to stress that I'd pay for it. All of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    warfare is such a better version of onslaught. +1 assualt, classic dom and BR and invasion monster pack

Leave a comment:

Working...
X