I miss Onslaught and Assault. (PS3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss Onslaught and Assault. (PS3)

I'm just running through the new game now, but I really miss two games, Onslaught and Assault, already. The Orb thing, I forget what it's called already, is somewhat similar but nevertheless I still miss the 2k3, 2k4 stuff.
    I had to quit playing both 2k3, and 4 way to early because my old Mac could never handle the games after a few big mods (blade-runner) and would like to see both come back as a downloadable maps/mods content from the PS3 online store. Or straight from the game. I'd pay for it.

Assault is what I miss the most. I'd like if they added it some how.

Comment

You can still make maps for it on the PC (similar to how VCTF worked in UT2K4).

Comment

Don't worry. I'm sure that after a while someone will make a mod for it. Plus Warfare is a pretty even mix of the two and should keep you happy for a while if you allow it to.

Comment

To be honest I was just about to post about Assault.. I miss those maps.... lets start a poll for it...

Comment

Originally posted by Clinton514 View Post
            Assault is what I miss the most. I'd like if they added it some how.
            I don't get why AS was removed, you'd think they'd have learned after the fiasco regarding 2k3

Comment

I never got to play the PC UTs unfortunatly. But a few years ago I used to love watching G4's ARENA!! and watching people battle in Assault on that show is the reason I got UT3 the day it came out. I had it pre-ordered back in June. I liked the objective based gameplay which was unlike any objective based games I had ever played on a console. That map with the two trains or something side by side connected by bridges was sick. LOL I remember that episode that Cliffy B was on. He signed the winner's copies of 2k4.

Comment

I liked it too, assault was great. I don't play warfare and didn't play a whole lotta onslaught, but i kinda wish i could play onslaught too.

Comment

I don't like the online play of UT3 at all.

Comment

warfare is such a better version of onslaught. +1 assualt, classic dom and BR and invasion monster pack

Comment

I forgot about arena. I miss that too. And even that crazy game where you carry the ball/sphere to the goal. Those were great games. As a PS3 owner the only way we'll see this is if Epic gives us a Downloadable update via the PS3 store or directly from the game, but I have to stress that I'd pay for it. All of them.

Comment

Just disable the orb, and you've got onslaught, no? In fact, I think they're really pushing it calling warfare a "new" gametype.

Comment

I don't miss AS, really. Games were often too short. It's also a harder gametype to make maps for, on the development side. ONS is back as WAR and that's fine with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultron View Post
                            I don't miss AS, really. Games were often too short.
                            That was what turned a lot of people on to it. Many people don't like 20 minutes of back and forth. I love a 3:50 FallenCity.

Comment

Warfare is nowhere close to assault ... Warfare is far better than onslaught but you can't compare it to assault ...

Comment

Working...
                              X