UT3 surround sound: Problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 surround sound: Problem?

Ok, on most the games I own, the surround sound is spectacular and does help a lot in finding people or knowing where they are at by listening to the position from the speakers.

Well, UT3 does sound good. But I have noticed that when somebody is behind me shooting, it sounds like they are further away than they really are. So when I hear shooting off in the distance I don't think twice about it...but now I have to. Cause I hear something behind me in the distance, turn around and BAM they are right behind me!

I know its not my system, but just wondering if anybody else noticed this.

BTW, I am playing the PS3 version.

Come on..anybody?

Comment

I've noticed the same thing, as well the gun fire sound being overly loud from my surrounds when someone is shooting. The sound positioning is off for the surrounds with the PS3 version, at least in my experiences. I also noticed distorting gun fire sounds from the Nemesis when operating it. I have a med-high end receiver and speakers (Denon / Mirage Omnipolar)... and I do not receive distortion from any other audio source or PS3 game.

Comment

Same here, I posted about this already. http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...4#post25162614

Comment

Working...
        X